+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ceredigion

Ceredigion

First time here, staying near Llanarth. Had a walk down Abereiron today, what a cracking place. The scenery around here is stunning and makes you realise what a beautiful place our small country is. Can anyone recommend some good beaches and other things to do as a family around here? Cheers

Re: Ceredigion

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey Boyce View Post
    First time here, staying near Llanarth. Had a walk down Abereiron today, what a cracking place. The scenery around here is stunning and makes you realise what a beautiful place our small country is. Can anyone recommend some good beaches and other things to do as a family around here? Cheers
    You're not far from where I'm from!

Penbryn, Tresaith, Mwnt, Aberporth are all great beaches, Llangrannog too. The biggest one's Penbryn if you're worried about crowds but there's more stuff like pubs, cafes etc around Aberporth, Tresaith and Penbryn. The coastal path around that entire stretch is amazing. New Quay's a great seaside town, it'll be busy there though.

You're only about an hour away from Oakwood theme park. Again not sure what the situation is with Covid but it's a great family day out if it's open.

Make sure you get some honey ice cream if you're in Aberaeron, it's delish.

Live in Pembs but Aberaeron area is like a second home. Had a caravan there for 20 odd years. Dont think I can recommend any beaches as they are all small and will be very crowded.
    What I can recommend is that you come back when things are quieter so you can enjoy all the small beaches already mentioned.
    Honey ice cream on the Quay is a must as Delmbox says. Pricey but worth it.

West Wales is gorgeous.

We underestimate such spots that are so close to us.

Former Labour Leader is very fortunate to live there.

I love Saundersfoot, got a few City fans as well .

I stayed in Llanarth a week ago, it’s a stunning area for a family holiday. Cwmtydu is a great beach, lovely walks along the coast path, and regular visits from the local seals. The road down is bit hairy but there’s plenty of parking for Ł1 in the honesty box. I wish I was still there.

Tried the coastal pasta? Done it with my tribe a few years ago. Especially accessible Aberporth to Tresaith. Fantastic views. Cheap as chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Live in Pembs but Aberaeron area is like a second home. Had a caravan there for 20 odd years. Dont think I can recommend any beaches as they are all small and will be very crowded.
    What I can recommend is that you come back when things are quieter so you can enjoy all the small beaches already mentioned.
    Honey ice cream on the Quay is a must as Delmbox says. Pricey but worth it.
    Just headed back to Cardiff this eve from Pembrokeshire, judging by the amount of traffic heading west it’s going to be a very busy weekend down that way. Was glad to be heading East for once. Not seen it that busy for years

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Tried the coastal pasta? Done it with my tribe a few years ago. Especially accessible Aberporth to Tresaith. Fantastic views. Cheap as chips.
    Coastal path not pasta

Does this make me a multi?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Coastal path not pasta

Does this make me a multi?
    Gutted, I thought coastal pasta sounded interesting

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Gutted, I thought coastal pasta sounded interesting
    Does Linguini al granchio count?

New Quay is a fabulous coastal resort with a great beach with a mill pond harbour great for kids and very safe.
    Boat trips and fishing trips a good few pubs and great fish and chip shops 👍
    New Quay is a must if you are that neck of the woods.

Not quite Ceredigion but went to Pendine a day or so ago. Great open space to walk the beach and get a pint and a tray of chips.

Drove through Laugharne for the first time ever. That looked a lovely place as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Not quite Ceredigion but went to Pendine a day or so ago. Great open space to walk the beach and get a pint and a tray of chips.

Drove through Laugharne for the first time ever. That looked a lovely place as well.
    I was in Laugharne and Pendine day before yesterday. Regular haunts of mine. Our paths may very well have crossed!
    I can recommend the Street Food snack bar in Laugharne. Really tasty cheap Thai food. Had excellent vegan curry.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I was in Laugharne and Pendine day before yesterday. Regular haunts of mine. Our paths may very well have crossed!
    I can recommend the Street Food snack bar in Laugharne. Really tasty cheap Thai food. Had excellent vegan curry.
    Saw it. If all they have is Vegan I'll drive past it again if they have a chicken option I'll be sure to get lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Saw it. If all they have is Vegan I'll drive past it again if they have a chicken option I'll be sure to get lunch
    No plenty for carnivores 😛

Aberporth, Poppet Sands and Newport all have fabulous beaches

Newquay for boat trips and fishing trips (if they are all back up and running)

St David’s, Porthgain and Solva are all well worth a visit and not to far away

Cardigan has a great town centre with many small independent shops

Like most people have said it’s a fantastic area but best enjoyed out of the main holiday season when it’s less crowded and I would recommend to anyone a holiday down there in say May or September

My parents had a house in Aberaeron for about 15 years. Ceredigion is the only place I’d live if we ever came back to the UK. Mwnt is my kids favourite place - we used to camp with friends in the fields behind the Mwnt next to the old church there. Fishing for mackerel off the rocks there and cooking them within 15 minutes of catching them is one of life’s special pleasures.

As someone else said, Honey Ice Cream from the harbour in Aberaeron is amazing, as are the fish and chips (I still don’t think I’ve had better). Also the Harbourmaster Hotel used to have a fantastic restaurant... expensive but spectacular food.

Penbryn is our second favourite beach. Go when the tide is right out and there is a secret beach around the headland on the right hand side.

Sound like most people have had the same experiences though and there’s not a bad beach (well maybe Cei Bach), but you could do a different one every day and love them all.

If you want to drive a little further to Pembrokeshire take a trip to Marloes Sands... another spectacular beach

any surf beaches down that way ? ? ?

Looking at a few days and wouldnt mind taking the boards down

pretty sure from memory as a boy, we camped at Llangennith and surfed

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    any surf beaches down that way ? ? ?

Looking at a few days and wouldnt mind taking the boards down

pretty sure from memory as a boy, we camped at Llangennith and surfed
    Go to Newgale in Pembrokeshire

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    We were there three weeks ago, surprising how quiet it was with only a few cars in the beach car park. Usually stay in Howells caravan park in Fishguard. Lots of amazing places nearby, Blue Lagoon, Whitesands bay and Solva to name but a few.

cheers RNLI patrolled aswell which i always like

Freshwater west, west dale

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Freshwater west, west dale
    cheers

desperate to get the boards out

First Team

Casual empiricism suggests there is currently a developing rural Wales housing bubble. Anyone else noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    We were there three weeks ago, surprising how quiet it was with only a few cars in the beach car park. Usually stay in Howells caravan park in Fishguard. Lots of amazing places nearby, Blue Lagoon, Whitesands bay and Solva to name but a few.
    The visitors turned up about a week ago.
    Now bedlam all along the coast.