+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Book Of Crap Towns

The Book Of Crap Towns

various volumes

Hilarious stuff

Best bit is reading the angry locals respond

Some sunderland bloke writes in saying " we don't like students round here you know "

Cardiff and Luton are given a right kicking

Re: The Book Of Crap Towns

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    various volumes

Hilarious stuff

Best bit is reading the angry locals respond

Some sunderland bloke writes in saying " we don't like students round here you know "

Cardiff and Luton are given a right kicking
    Try pedestrianising this!

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    https://youtu.be/XO8x1jmmiJA

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    Surprised Cardiff is, as it’s always up there with the best places to live in the uk.....expect, Luton, stoke, Bradford, Swansea, Rotherham etc to feature as they always do.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Surprised Cardiff is, as it’s always up there with the best places to live in the uk.....expect, Luton, stoke, Bradford, Swansea, Rotherham etc to feature as they always do.
    Don’t these books manage to feature every town in the UK, rather than just the obvious ones?

It mainly focuses on cardiffs attraction for hoardes of pissed up loons on rugby day and its silly claims its Europe's fastest growing capital city

Hull, Middlesbrough, Luton Stoke Bedford, Portsmouth

Swansea isn't in it and bradfords a great place to live

International

Well the author(s) aren't going to say anything good are they?
    It would defeat the object of the exercise.

We have one of the top ice hockey teams in the country and the rugby team is awesome too !!...........cardiff resident

Leeds has overcome years of decline to become a bold shopping centre full of out of control drunkards

I like Leeds , its got electricity

Welcome to Hull.......not nearly as bad as the statistics suggest

Advice from locals in Mansfield when looking for directions.?.............keep to the path

Milton Keynes shopping centre featured in the cliff Richard roller blade vide wired for sound !

Croydon ......annual carnival called off due to lack of interest

Cary Grant loved Bristol so much he legged it off to America once he had the funds

Hull smells of death

London feeds off the rest of the UK like leech , the tube inflicts misery and you can spend loads of money doing f all

We don't like London anymore , you can't get a decent cup of coffee anymore and its full of *****

If you are a student in Middlesborough stick to the student union bar . To drink in the town itself is suicidal . If you support a team that is not Middlesborough you have two choices , dont go to middlesborough , change your allegiance

I visited middlesborough for business . I was informed by the hotel receptionist that it wasn't a good idea to go out in the boro after dark .

Middlesborough isn't a bad place but stay out of middlesborough at night and during the day stick to the main streets

Graffiti at Sunderland bus station .....Southern bastards f off back down south

A local in Sunderland once told me .....we don't like outsiders us . A lot of people want that university closed .

Croydon ......annual carnival called off due to lack of interest

I worked in Croydon last year. City of a Thousand Dreams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cklWRv-ShCQ

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    I worked in Croydon last year. City of a Thousand Dreams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cklWRv-ShCQ
    Went to a pub in Croydon on the London Road once

The Cartoon

For about 5 minutes

International

If you are a student in Middlesborough stick to the student union bar . To drink in the town itself is suicidal . If you support a team that is not Middlesborough you have two choices , dont go to middlesborough , change your allegiance

I visited middlesborough for business . I was informed by the hotel receptionist that it wasn't a good idea to go out in the boro after dark .

Middlesborough isn't a bad place but stay out of middlesborough at night and during the day stick to the main streets

Graffiti at Sunderland bus station .....Southern bastards f off back down south

A local in Sunderland once told me .....we don't like outsiders us . A lot of people want that university closed .
    That could be true of almost anywhere in the North East. The general perception of affable welcoming geordies is a long way from the day to day realities.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That could be true of almost anywhere in the North East. The general perception of affable welcoming geordies is a long way from the day to day realities.
    middlesborough is a rough town

Newcastle is quite cultural but thats about it

They are not keen on foriegners

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Very, very true of Tyne & Wear, less so Yorkshire, particularly places like Sheffield were I've found them to be of the same ilk to us.

Newcastle and Sunderland are generally hostile places to go, even in a non-football sense.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed Sunderland 'til I Die on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Very, very true of Tyne & Wear, less so Yorkshire, particularly places like Sheffield were I've found them to be of the same ilk to us.

Newcastle and Sunderland are generally hostile places to go, even in a non-football sense.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed Sunderland 'til I Die on Netflix.
    I liked Bradford , Leeds less so

Bradford , Sheffield great places , Huddersfield my favourite city in Yorkshire

Didn’t enjoy Luton.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    Didn’t enjoy Luton.
    Nobody enjoys Luton

Except tommy robinson who enjoys its cosmopolitan, multi ethnic vibe

International

Nobody enjoys Luton

Except tommy robinson who enjoys its cosmopolitan, multi ethnic vibe
    Even the people from Luton don't enjoy Luton.
    All the girls go to Dunstable at the weekend. That town is the best kept secret in England!!

Oh bugger!!

Surprised Rhyl hasn't been mentioned. Seen better days but that was probably 50 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Surprised Rhyl hasn't been mentioned. Seen better days but that was probably 50 years ago.
    Widnes ......everybody looks like an extra from deliverance

Skelmersdale ......in the rain the place resembles an East German butlins

Reading .....the place has a smattering of pubs all populated by violent rockers