+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season Ticket Refund Query

Season Ticket Refund Query

Hi everyone, this is my first post here so I'd just like to say hello to my fellow Bluebirds! It's nice to meet all of you!

I wanted to make a post to hear if anyone has heard anything concrete regarding refunds for season tickets? I've emailed the club twice and called the ticket office and first they told me that it'd be done & in our accounts at the start of last week. When that didn't happen I asked again and they then told me that it'd be done by the end of this week. Still no refund... Now I've been told that it'll be done by the end of next week (the 14th). It's a little ridiculous if you ask me. I cannot trust what they say as they seem to be stalling. They have all of the required information for the refunds yet do not seem to be processing/issuing them.

Have any of you spoken to the ticket office regarding this, and if so, do you have any concrete information as to what is going on?

I'd appreciate any help you can offer!

Thanks.

Re: Season Ticket Refund Query

It's a composite material composed of fine and coarse aggregate bonded together with a fluid cement that hardens over time.

Quote Originally Posted by pjv1990 View Post
    Hi everyone, this is my first post here so I'd just like to say hello to my fellow Bluebirds! It's nice to meet all of you!

I wanted to make a post to hear if anyone has heard anything concrete regarding refunds for season tickets? I've emailed the club twice and called the ticket office and first they told me that it'd be done & in our accounts at the start of last week. When that didn't happen I asked again and they then told me that it'd be done by the end of this week. Still no refund... Now I've been told that it'll be done by the end of next week (the 14th). It's a little ridiculous if you ask me. I cannot trust what they say as they seem to be stalling. They have all of the required information for the refunds yet do not seem to be processing/issuing them.

Have any of you spoken to the ticket office regarding this, and if so, do you have any concrete information as to what is going on?

Thanks.
    I can’t help with your question but welcome!

Please continue to contribute 👍👍👍

Thanks.
    Welcome to the mad house.
    Looks like you are one of the many people up and down the country waiting on cash refunds for Covid-related issues. Chances are the club are just delaying ST repayments..."cash flow" or similar being the issue. It is very frustrating but, for now, all you can do is hang in there. No doubt you will get the refund eventually but it's not up to the ticket office staff to be able to action refunds when they want to. They are just the messengers and it will be (probably) a payment by BACS into your bank account or through the debit or credit card you paid with. Given that there may well be hundreds of people in your situation, it will take a while to process each one. It may be worth checking that any debit/credit card you paid with is up-to-date with the club and that, if this is how refunds are to be made, any repayment goes through smoothly.

Thanks.
    Bit of a strange first post (says its your second actually). Anyway, most people would have taken the option of donating the balance to the club/academy or carrying forward the balance to next seasons ticket, so could not give you much help. If you have totally cancelled your season ticket however then any refund due would be sent to your private specified bank account, not into your bluebirds cash account (‘our accounts‘ ?). I went for option one and a number of people I know went for option two and all of us had no problem at all. The process was a bit complicated but no reason to say they are stalling or that you cant trust them - bit of an over reaction don't you think ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Bit of a strange first post (says its your second actually).
    1) This was indeed the contributor's first post - he or she has posted another message since, hence the total of two.

2) All of your posts are strange.

A shout out for the TO who managed my rather complicated ST renewal. Thanks for saving me £70. As for the OP....stick with us. Alternative MBs are available but you will find most people on here sensible and supportive. Honest.

Bit of a strange first post (says its your second actually). Anyway, most people would have taken the option of donating the balance to the club/academy or carrying forward the balance to next seasons ticket, so could not give you much help. If you have totally cancelled your season ticket however then any refund due would be sent to your private specified bank account, not into your bluebirds cash account (‘our accounts‘ ?). I went for option one and a number of people I know went for option two and all of us had no problem at all. The process was a bit complicated but no reason to say they are stalling or that you cant trust them - bit of an over reaction don't you think ?
    I didn't know that the club had published numbers on how many chose which option. You must be ITK.

Still waiting on my refund too, club obviously feel they need my money more than I do

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I didn't know that the club had published numbers on how many chose which option. You must be ITK.
    a). where in my post do I mention any numbers for any of the options.

b). Over 3000 people renewed on the first day - more than at the same time last season. Its a fair guess therefore that most people are wanting to renew.

c). Are you claiming that you think most people have chosen to cancel and ask for a refund ?. If so, you obviously think that you are ITK.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    1) This was indeed the contributor's first post - he or she has posted another message since, hence the total of two.

2) All of your posts are strange.
    So says the person who cant make up their mind whether they support City or not, says they aren't coming to matches when clearly they are, says they are never going to watch City again and then does etc etc. And you think that I am strange !!

So says the person who cant make up their mind whether they support City or not, says they aren't coming to matches when clearly they are, says they are never going to watch City again and then does etc etc. And you think that I am strange !!
    The only thing you’ve said there that is true is I think you’re strange.

a). where in my post do I mention any numbers for any of the options.

b). Over 3000 people renewed on the first day - more than at the same time last season. Its a fair guess therefore that most people are wanting to renew.

c). Are you claiming that you think most people have chosen to cancel and ask for a refund ?. If so, you obviously think that you are ITK.
    I'm not claiming anything. I based my response on this section of your reply, which either you have knowledge of, or just made an assumption based on nothing.

'most people would have taken the option of donating the balance to the club/academy or carrying forward the balance to next seasons ticket'

Whether most did or didnt choose the refund option, it would be nice if the club gave an indication of when it's likely to be processed.

I’m another waiting on the cash to come back.
    The season ticket turned out to be a bit of a waste of money for us, as living in Bristol and my two sons playing a lot of football meant that we missed all of the midweek games.
    That, plus the uncertainty over COVID and not working since the end of March meant that I went for the cash and will attend matches as and when I can.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I’m another waiting on the cash to come back.
    The season ticket turned out to be a bit of a waste of money for us, as living in Bristol and my two sons playing a lot of football meant that we missed all of the midweek games.
    That, plus the uncertainty over COVID and not working since the end of March meant that I went for the cash and will attend matches as and when I can.
    It's a shame the club haven't honoured the refunds. It also makes you wonder if the money that others said should "go to the academy" has also been delayed?

Banned

I had a mail late last week which said they apologise, they are struggling with resource and would complete the refund ASAP.

International

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    A shout out for the TO who managed my rather complicated ST renewal. Thanks for saving me £70. As for the OP....stick with us. Alternative MBs are available but you will find most people on here sensible and supportive. Honest.

Thanks.
    Aside from the odd helpful comment on this thread, it is one that will surely cause anyone thinking of joining the message board and contributing regularly, to think again.

🤦*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I had a mail late last week which said they apologise, they are struggling with resource and would complete the refund ASAP.
    Just checking my bank account and noticed I received my refund yesterday 👍

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Just checking my bank account and noticed I received my refund yesterday 👍
    Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Ditto!
    Ditto here too.