+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hoilett to Middlesbrough?

Re: Hoilett to Middlesbrough?

you don't see many wingers still playing into their 30s. wingers and attacking midfielders peak younger than any other position, followed by fullbacks.
    The role is heavily skewed towards physical attributes, pace and energy getting up and down the pitch. sadly for most of us there's a noticible decline in these things as we get older. other positions are able to compensate with gained experience and are able to extend their careers, which is why you often see wingers converting to central midfielders or fullbacks as they get older.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    3 year deal on current wages?
    thank Christ you're not in charge of the contracts!
    Bloody 'ell!

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Agree. I cannot see Hoilett on big money. I think Warnock got him for free.
    We do have a problem with consistency when it comes to wide players. Mendez Laing and Murphy blow hot and cold and Gavin Whyte seems to be surplus to requirements.
    Probably the case at any club in the world to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Agree. I cannot see Hoilett on big money. I think Warnock got him for free.
    We do have a problem with consistency when it comes to wide players. Mendez Laing and Murphy blow hot and cold and Gavin Whyte seems to be surplus to requirements.
    Hoilett will be one of the top earners in my opinion, Mid twenties when he came, good pedigree and free agent-i believe he ran his contract down at QPR, a player doesn't do that unless they're confident of picking up a very good deal.

free agent = tidy wages, what the club saves in a transfer fee they pay in wages

Rambo is a prime example of that

Hoilett is a lovely player to watch when there are so many 'ornery' players around.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Hope that we manage to keep hold of Junior as he is easily the best wide player at the club. He can do a good defensive job also.
    If we can't then I would want to see a damn good replacement as the others we have, perhaps with the exception of NML on his day) unfortunately aren't up to it.

Can't Warnock have Murphy instead?
    I'm doing a piece about our midfield this season. Surprisingly, the stats for our wide midfielders are not too dissimilar. I agree that Hoilett seems to be the player who can produce moments for us.

Hoilett scores goals, nuff said!

Hoilett gets goals and tracks back, yes has his off days but so do most wingers. Keep him, I doubt the fee we would get would be enough for a loan for an unproven player.