+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jason Tindall: New Bournemouth manager

Jason Tindall: New Bournemouth manager

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53704982

Bournemouth have appointed Jason Tindall as their manager following the exit of Eddie Howe.

Howe left the club by mutual consent after their Premier League relegation at the end of the 2019-20 season.

Tindall has stepped up from his role as assistant manager and takes over on a three-year contract at the club where he played 199 games.

"It's an honour and a privilege to be the manager of such a great football club," the 42-year-old said.

Bournemouth had been in the top flight for five years before dropping back to the Championship.

"Given the success of the club over the past 12 years, with Eddie in charge and me by his side, I'm not going to come in and rip everything up and start again," Tindall added.

"I would be a fool to do that. But I'm my own person with my own ideas and I will be looking to implement them as soon as we get back on the training ground.

"I know the Championship is a very tough league, but my aim is to get this club back into the Premier League at the first time of asking.

"This is a challenge that I feel I'm ready for and one I'm looking forward to."

Re: Jason Tindall: New Bournemouth manager

Not a bad appointment. Could have gone for a bigger name but this may provide more continuity.
    I am sure they will be one of the teams battling for immediate return to the Premiership

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Not a bad appointment. Could have gone for a bigger name but this may provide more continuity.
    I am sure they will be one of the teams battling for immediate return to the Premiership
    Im not so sure wouldn't be surprised if the get relegated again.

What I find interesting is how the existing squad and potential recruits will view it.
    Will they see it as lacking in ambition? Certainly potential recruits might - and it could also inform Bournemouth’s better players as to whether to stay or go.

Fair play to them for not going for a big name, but I don’t suppose their fans are terribly excited.

Bristol City look to be going down a similar route, as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Im not so sure wouldn't be surprised if the get relegated again.
    You never promote the assistant manager to manager.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    You never promote the assistant manager to manager.
    Robert Paisley

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    What I find interesting is how the existing squad and potential recruits will view it.
    Will they see it as lacking in ambition? Certainly potential recruits might - and it could also inform Bournemouth’s better players as to whether to stay or go.

Fair play to them for not going for a big name, but I don’t suppose their fans are terribly excited.

Bristol City look to be going down a similar route, as well.
    Surely Bristol City with their ambition will appoint Pep and Zidane as his assistant. Otherwise they won't win the Champions League as soon as they want to.