+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The truth behind Lee Peltier leaving Cardiff City for West Brom and the rumours about his relationship with Neil Harris

The truth behind Lee Peltier leaving Cardiff City for West Brom and the rumours about his relationship with Neil Harris

Re: The truth behind Lee Peltier leaving Cardiff City for West Brom and the rumours about his relationship with Neil Harris

John Brayford a fans favourite?

I think Lee Peltier became one, but Brayford? No.

Re: The truth behind Lee Peltier leaving Cardiff City for West Brom and the rumours about his relationship with Neil Harris

The wales online website is a disgrace. Unusable

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Yea I thought that. Think fans wanted to see more of Bayford but as he didn't play much he certainly wasn't a fans favourite.

Pelts , great player

Good riddance. Should never have been looking to give him a new contract. He’s 34 in December ffs. The correct decision.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Good riddance. Should never have been looking to give him a new contract. He’s 34 in December ffs. The correct decision.
    Do agree , decent player ,good servant as you say 34, not blessed with great pace or adventure over the half way line which is a skill that's required of a modern day full back ,probably on a decent wage.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Do agree , decent player ,good servant as you say 34, not blessed with great pace or adventure over the half way line which is a skill that's required of a modern day full back ,probably on a decent wage.
    Warnock would have given him another 3 years most prob

Warnock would have given him another 3 years most prob
    with an option to extend.

The man was old school, no frills, but I do think playing in Russell Slade and Neil Warnock teams helped. Sides that only commit bodies forward on set pieces. Easier to be a defender then.

The man was old school, no frills, but I do think playing in Russell Slade and Neil Warnock teams helped. Sides that only commit bodies forward on set pieces. Easier to be a defender then.
    Yup, he was an out and out defender, good pro and knew his limitations, didn't try anything difficult, which served him well. Apparently he's quite handy in the Boxing ring aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Total crap, he was offered a 1 year contract on low wages and wasn't happy (to say the least 🤣). He wanted a longer contract on more money and big falling out ensued. Harris stood his ground and the players quickly found out that he isn't a pushover. Peltier joined West Bromwich on a deal until the end of the season as he was miffed.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I wouldn't have described Peltier as fan favourite either. Bamba, Morrison, Gunnarsson, Hoilett, Paterson, and Tomlin have been ahead of him on that front in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, he was an out and out defender, good pro and knew his limitations, didn't try anything difficult, which served him well. Apparently he's quite handy in the Boxing ring aswell.
    I agree with your summary of Peltier, great pro who played to his limits. He's a boxing fanatic and often does sparring in the ring. My mate saw him getting out of a car in Cardiff city centre with Tony Bellew a few years ago.

Don’t think anyone can criticise Pelts.

But from a business point of view Harris was spot on not to give a decent contract to.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Don’t think anyone can criticise Pelts.

But from a business point of view Harris was spot on not to give a decent contract to.
    Yup, can't argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Pelts , great player
    Eh?

A Unique Sports Management player i believe.