+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stupid Saturday Night Dumb stupid Television TV

Re: Stupid Saturday Night Dumb stupid Television TV

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I’ve never seen him live. Great comedian and journalist. What was his channel 4 show called?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There are shedloads of good programmes on BBC iplayer.
    I’m at a bit of a cross roads i
    Im

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That’s the one

Acutely observant lad.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Im
    I hope you didn't get run over....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    ‘Wipeout’ got a long way to go before it competes with Noel Edmonds ‘Late, Late Breakfast Show’ who actually managed to kill a contestant.

Something to aspire to.
    Oh yes, I remember that.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I watched TV other than the news or sport. It was on a downward spiral 3/4 years ago and that seems to have continued. Netflix all the way these days, but their content has definitely dried up lately.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Oh yes, I remember that.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I watched TV other than the news or sport. It was on a downward spiral 3/4 years ago and that seems to have continued. Netflix all the way these days, but their content has definitely dried up lately.
    Like you, News, sport or binge watch a series from Netflix or Prime.

Kids have the tv where they watch never ending DanDTM.

The Noel Edmonds thing amazes me. He persuades someone to do a bungee jump with a too long of length of rope, which ends inevitably but still manages to burden the nation with Mr. ****ing Blobby.

I always knew there was a reason why I watched Tiswas.

Watched ‘Catastrophe’ recently, enjoyed it, you can catch it on All4

I always watch casualty

For the nurses

And the cardiff landmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Same here. Can't be bothered with telly apart from sport.
    My one mate still had the telly mag from the paper.

"fancy driving range weds we can grab food on the way back"

"what time"

"say 7"

"blue bloods is on at 9 so I'll have to be back for that"

Slaves to a TV schedule FFS

There's precious little on any Freeview channel at the moment. it only takes one half-decent programme to show up, and you'd think it was the best thing ever, the way people are all over it. It only looks good because everything else is shite. Netflix is losing out in the bidding war for the big films, and as a result, what they serve up is poor and repetitive. You do get the odd good film/series, but you have to search long and hard for that.
    Perhaps we need some sort of survey - which is the best pay-TV service? And why?
    Sky is ruled out straight away - if you pay all the money, you'd expect to have NO ADVERTS.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    There's precious little on any Freeview channel at the moment. it only takes one half-decent programme to show up, and you'd think it was the best thing ever, the way people are all over it. It only looks good because everything else is shite. Netflix is losing out in the bidding war for the big films, and as a result, what they serve up is poor and repetitive. You do get the odd good film/series, but you have to search long and hard for that.
    Perhaps we need some sort of survey - which is the best pay-TV service? And why?
    Sky is ruled out straight away - if you pay all the money, you'd expect to have NO ADVERTS.
    I watch them all through my iptv now, got rid of Netflix, but they know what they are doing with the setup they have, you see what they want you to see basically, pushing their own crap. The good stuff takes a search. They aren't interested in truly showing you what you might actually like

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I watch them all through my iptv now, got rid of Netflix, but they know what they are doing with the setup they have, you see what they want you to see basically, pushing their own crap. The good stuff takes a search. They aren't interested in truly showing you what you might actually like
    I thought all these things worked off algorithms, so in theory, what's served up should reflect what you actually watch. My kids have their own 'page' on my Netflix, and the stuff they get offered is not the same as me - so there's definitely some sort of 'matching' going on. Does that mean I must like watching crap films?
    What's iptv?

Isn't it more likely that they are very interested in showing you what you might actually like so that you watch more, but the algorithms aren't working well enough?

I'm not sure as I've not had it for a while so can't remember the silly examples, but some of them just didn't make any sense "you've watched SOA here's pretty little liars"

Banned

No, that isn't how it works at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Isn't it more likely that they are very interested in showing you what you might actually like so that you watch more, but the algorithms aren't working well enough?
    The model dembethewarrior is suggesting doesn't make any sense. Netflix still get your money regardless of if you watch purely Netflix shows, purely old BBC reruns, or you forgot you had it, but still pay anyway.

I don't known why you waste your time, I don't read your posts.

My one mate still had the telly mag from the paper.

"fancy driving range weds we can grab food on the way back"

"what time"

"say 7"

"blue bloods is on at 9 so I'll have to be back for that"

Slaves to a TV schedule FFS
    Tell him to get with the times mun
    There's this gadget called a video cassette recorder, you can tape anything off the tv and watch it at your leisure

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    What's iptv?
    Internet Protocol TV, a way of stealing, sorry, streaming content via the internet. It definitely isn't stealing though because, um, something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Richard Hammond-What a ****.

Fantastic. I don't think I've ever heard of him. I shall investigate YouTube this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Fantastic. I don't think I've ever heard of him. I shall investigate YouTube this evening.
    If you like that look up the Stewart Lee 'Joe Pasquale joke' - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Im
    Aye, but what about telly?