+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Messi !!!!!!

Messi !!!!!!

Unstoppable, dribbles into the box, about four or five Napoli defenders around him, falls over, drags the ball back under control while getting up and plants the ball in the back of the net...... go get him Neil.

Re: Messi !!!!!!

Btec Cristiano Ronaldo

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Unstoppable, dribbles into the box, about four or five Napoli defenders around him, falls over, drags the ball back under control while getting up and plants the ball in the back of the net...... go get him Neil.
    He's no Tomlin...

It’s a shame he stuck with Barcelona as long as he has and hasn’t experienced new leagues, new countries.

not even a cornelius

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's no Tomlin...
    But he may be an adequate replacement should Tomlin’s move to Man City materialise

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    But he may be an adequate replacement should Tomlin’s move to Man City materialise
    He can chew the fat with Cameron Coxe...

did anyone tune into the chelsea v Munich game ?

Munich were immense tonight

as for Messi the boys still got it !

Quarter Final Ties

Atalanta v PSG
    Leipzig v Athletico Madrid
    Barcelona v B Munich
    Man city v Lyon

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

They were excellent.

BTW

Bayern's aggregate score against London teams in the cl this season is 17-4. So much for the English prem being the best league in the world.. tinpot pish

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    They were excellent.

BTW

Bayern's aggregate score against London teams in the cl this season is 17-4. So much for the English prem being the best league in the world.. tinpot pish
    When was the last time the Bundesliga, or any other league for that matter, had two teams in the Champions League final, while at the same time providing both teams for the Europa Cup final?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

I've paid as much attention to the Champion's League's early stages as I normally do (ie next to none), but Bayern look to be the team to beat to me.

To me Robert Lewandowski is currently the best player on the planet

scored 53 goals this season in all competitions and was involved in every goal that defeated chelsea home and away (7 goals )

have now cored 66 goals in the champions league making him the 4'th highest in history

think any budding young centre forward should model themselves around him especially link up play

That Messi goal sums him up - 99% of players would have looked to the ref for a pelanty when he was down in the area, but he was up and looking to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    When people talk about the Premier League being the best in the world, I'm pretty sure most are referring to the league's strength in depth and the excitement that generally brings (although that didn't happen so much this year in what is definitely a transitional season for some of the top clubs).

However, here are some facts to ponder:

In the last 20 years, three teams from the Bundesliga have reached the Champions League final (Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and Bayer Leverkusen). During the same period, five teams from the Premier League have done likewise (Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham).

In the last 20 years, only one German team has won the Champions League (Bayern Munich, twice). In the same period, three English teams have won the competition (Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool, twice).

In the last 10 years, only two teams from the Bundesliga have reached the Champions League final (Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund). During the same period, four teams from the Premier League have done likewise (Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham).

During the history of the Champions League, there has only been one all-German final (Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund in 2013). There have been two all-England finals (Manchester United v Chelsea in 2008 and Liverpool v Tottenham in 2019).

The champions league makes me want to throw up , its capitalist football screwing money out of the game

I never watch it unless its the highlights to watch a premier league big club lose

Would rather watch rochdale v bury in a local Derby

Over paid diving players, sure they are very skilful but its all plastic nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The champions league makes me want to throw up , its capitalist football screwing money out of the game

I never watch it unless its the highlights to watch a premier league big club lose

Would rather watch rochdale v bury in a local Derby

Over paid diving players, sure they are very skilful but its all plastic nonsense
    Rochdale v Bury or PSG v Real Madrid? Difficult decision! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Maeterlinck View Post
    Rochdale v Bury or PSG v Real Madrid? Difficult decision! 😂
    I like route one football mate

Joe Dwyer

When men were men

Great goal.

Messi for me is the greatest, although Barcelona haven't been great this season and can't see them stopping Bayern.

I think the Premier league is starting to now be the best league. You look at it and from 2000 all the best Pl players went to Spain apart from the British ones. Hazard Bale Henry Suarez and they have still haven't stood out like Ronaldo and Messi that's why I think different leagues is irrelevant.

Also look at all the players to come from Spain and been massive success. If Real and Barca want you that's where you go.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Great goal.

Messi for me is the greatest, although Barcelona haven't been great this season and can't see them stopping Bayern.

I think the Premier league is starting to now be the best league. You look at it and from 2000 all the best Pl players went to Spain apart from the British ones. Hazard Bale Henry Suarez and they have still haven't stood out like Ronaldo and Messi that's why I think different leagues is irrelevant.

Also look at all the players to come from Spain and been massive success. If Real and Barca want you that's where you go.

Good goal ok, but did he do a press up like Koumas, no he did not .

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    When people talk about the Premier League being the best in the world, I'm pretty sure most are referring to the league's strength in depth and the excitement that generally brings (although that didn't happen so much this year in what is definitely a transitional season for some of the top clubs).

However, here are some facts to ponder:

In the last 20 years, three teams from the Bundesliga have reached the Champions League final (Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and Bayer Leverkusen). During the same period, five teams from the Premier League have done likewise (Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham).

In the last 20 years, only one German team has won the Champions League (Bayern Munich, twice). In the same period, three English teams have won the competition (Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool, twice).

In the last 10 years, only two teams from the Bundesliga have reached the Champions League final (Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund). During the same period, four teams from the Premier League have done likewise (Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham).

During the history of the Champions League, there has only been one all-German final (Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund in 2013). There have been two all-England finals (Manchester United v Chelsea in 2008 and Liverpool v Tottenham in 2019).
    How do those facts stack up against the Spanish league where Messi plays?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    How do those facts stack up against the Spanish league where Messi plays?
    In the last 20 years, four teams from La Liga have reached the Champions League final. During the same period, five teams from the Premier League have done likewise.

In the last 20 years, two Spanish teams have won the Champions League. In the same period, three English teams have won the competition.

In the last 10 years, three teams from La Liga have reached the Champions League final. During the same period, four teams from the Premier League have done likewise.

During the history of the Champions League, there have been three all-Spanish finals. There have been two all-England finals.

For me, it’s still hard to take that a team finishing 4th ....or even 5,6 or 7th in the PL can go on to be crowned the best team in a “Champions” league. Indeed, if, say, Burton Albion won the League Cup, then the Europa Cup, then the Champions League.....unlikely but technically possible. Grumpy old man speaking here of course.

I guess the logic is that if we are looking for the Best Team in Europe, then the team finishing 4th in England might have better credentials that the champions of Northern Ireland or Latvia. Sad though, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    For me, it’s still hard to take that a team finishing 4th ....or even 5,6 or 7th in the PL can go on to be crowned the best team in a “Champions” league. Indeed, if, say, Burton Albion won the League Cup, then the Europa Cup, then the Champions League.....unlikely but technically possible. Grumpy old man speaking here of course.

I guess the logic is that if we are looking for the Best Team in Europe, then the team finishing 4th in England might have better credentials that the champions of Northern Ireland or Latvia. Sad though, eh?
    I get what you mean but otherwise the competition would basically be between 4 maybe 5 teams. Would make winning CL so much easier. Whilst you may see better players playing in Portugal, Russia, Scotland etc the competition wouldn't be the best.

Years ago it would have been far easier to win a European Cup for that reason. I mean they could possibly do a European super league and at the end of the season. Do a champions tournament. However by that point would probably be even more bored of seeing the same teams.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In the last 20 years, four teams from La Liga have reached the Champions League final. During the same period, five teams from the Premier League have done likewise.

In the last 20 years, two Spanish teams have won the Champions League. In the same period, three English teams have won the competition.

In the last 10 years, three teams from La Liga have reached the Champions League final. During the same period, four teams from the Premier League have done likewise.

During the history of the Champions League, there have been three all-Spanish finals. There have been two all-England finals.
    Brilliant!
    You missed out there have been 10 Spanish wins in the last 20 years