Re: Messi !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Brilliant!
    You missed out there have been 10 Spanish wins in the last 20 years
    By two Spanish teams!

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The champions league makes me want to throw up , its capitalist football screwing money out of the game

I never watch it unless its the highlights to watch a premier league big club lose

Would rather watch rochdale v bury in a local Derby

Over paid diving players, sure they are very skilful but its all plastic nonsense
    Are you capable of saying anything about anything without making it political? It really is dull.

Brilliant!
    You missed out there have been 10 Spanish wins in the last 20 years
    Thanks!

You said: "How do those facts stack up against the Spanish league where Messi plays?"

Therefore, I gave you equivalent facts for the Spanish league where Messi plays.

I wasn't aware you were actually after some different facts.....

Everyone knows how strong Real Madrid and Barcelona are, both historically and currently. The same goes for Bayern Munich. But does that equate to the leagues they play in being strong?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Thanks!

You said: "How do those facts stack up against the Spanish league where Messi plays?"

Therefore, I gave you equivalent facts for the Spanish league where Messi plays.

I wasn't aware you were actually after some different facts.....

Everyone knows how strong Real Madrid and Barcelona are, both historically and currently. The same goes for Bayern Munich. But does that equate to the leagues they play in being strong?
    Well you were equating the EPLs "Greatness" with its "success" in the Champions league whilst only stacking it up against the German league.
    Just seemed a bit obtuse with the thread being on Messi who plays in by your workings out the best league in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Are you capable of saying anything about anything without making it political? It really is dull.
    You gotta fight the power or take it up the arse

Well you were equating the EPLs "Greatness" with its "success" in the Champions league whilst only stacking it up against the German league.
    Just seemed a bit obtuse with the thread being on Messi who plays in by your workings out the best league in Europe.
    I was replying to a post which said: "Bayern's aggregate score against London teams in the CL this season is 17-4. So much for the English Prem being the best league in the world.. tinpot pish."

I thought that was obvious as I'd quoted it.

Tell you what, this board is seriously hard work these days.....

Well you were equating the EPLs "Greatness" with its "success" in the Champions league......
    Incidentally, at no stage did I refer the EPL's 'greatness'. I know you dislike the Premier League, you've told me as much, but this wasn't a question of what we like or what we don't. It was about which leagues are strong and which are less so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Incidentally, at no stage did I refer the EPL's 'greatness'. I know you dislike the Premier League, you've told me as much, but this wasn't a question of what we like or what we don't. It was about which leagues are strong and which are less so.
    quite a lot of people dislike the Premier league, we can't all be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    quite a lot of people dislike the Premier league, we can't all be wrong
    There's quite a lot to dislike, although i suppose it's about separating the greed from the football. It's ok to enjoy something in a world where greed and profit are put first, it's not my fault or anyone else's for that matter, we don't have a choice on how these things are run-we can still like football

The days of Barcelona and Real Madrid being the best sides in Europe are long gone at the moment. Barcelona have been poor this season and their off the field
    problems and recruitment issues have really caught up with them. Their bench for the Napoli game was just bang average. I think the two of them will struggle for any CL success over the next few years. Man City and Liverpool have raised the bar in England and Bayern are probably the best team in Europe at the moment.

Messi will take stick when they go out the CL this week but the fact they got within 5 points of Madrid and have got to the CL etc is mainly down to him. Still makes me laugh he took stick for the Liverpool 4-0 win last year. 2 goals in the first leg and set dembele up for a tap in that he missed in injury time which would’ve made it 4-0. Set up three chances in the first half of the away leg then had to watch on as the defence and midfield collapsed again. It’s a shame the last of his peak years will be whilst Barca are trying to slightly rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There's quite a lot to dislike, although i suppose it's about separating the greed from the football. It's ok to enjoy something in a world where greed and profit are put first, it's not my fault or anyone else's for that matter, we don't have a choice on how these things are run-we can still like football
    I refuse to pay to watch football , if millions of others hadn't bought into the Premier league things might have been different . It gave armchair man united fans in Surrey the chance to watch their adopted team but I have better things to spend my money on than watching pay to watch top flight football . If cardiff city get promoted and get loads of cash 5hats great for the club but morally it doesn't sit well with me

Basically I think modern football at the top stinks