Thread: Messi !!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Messi !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Brilliant!
    You missed out there have been 10 Spanish wins in the last 20 years
    Thanks!

You said: "How do those facts stack up against the Spanish league where Messi plays?"

Therefore, I gave you equivalent facts for the Spanish league where Messi plays.

I wasn't aware you were actually after some different facts.....

Everyone knows how strong Real Madrid and Barcelona are, both historically and currently. The same goes for Bayern Munich. But does that equate to the leagues they play in being strong?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Thanks!

You said: "How do those facts stack up against the Spanish league where Messi plays?"

Therefore, I gave you equivalent facts for the Spanish league where Messi plays.

I wasn't aware you were actually after some different facts.....

Everyone knows how strong Real Madrid and Barcelona are, both historically and currently. The same goes for Bayern Munich. But does that equate to the leagues they play in being strong?
    Well you were equating the EPLs "Greatness" with its "success" in the Champions league whilst only stacking it up against the German league.
    Just seemed a bit obtuse with the thread being on Messi who plays in by your workings out the best league in Europe.

Well you were equating the EPLs "Greatness" with its "success" in the Champions league whilst only stacking it up against the German league.
    Just seemed a bit obtuse with the thread being on Messi who plays in by your workings out the best league in Europe.
    I was replying to a post which said: "Bayern's aggregate score against London teams in the CL this season is 17-4. So much for the English Prem being the best league in the world.. tinpot pish."

I thought that was obvious as I'd quoted it.

Tell you what, this board is seriously hard work these days.....

Well you were equating the EPLs "Greatness" with its "success" in the Champions league......
    Incidentally, at no stage did I refer the EPL's 'greatness'. I know you dislike the Premier League, you've told me as much, but this wasn't a question of what we like or what we don't. It was about which leagues are strong and which are less so.