+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: chromebooks

chromebooks

anyone use one and could help with saving things such as statements as it looks like you cant use adobe reader anymore
    any help please would be great thanks

Re: chromebooks

I use one. I'm useless with computers but manage OK. The main problem I have is with printing. If I want to print something I have to e mail it to my laptop and then copy. There must be easier ways but that is what I do. However, for simple things like surfing the internet a chromebook is unbeatable. They are fast, not hampered by continual updates and don't need anti virus software. For me it's ideal but for certain applications they can be problematical for those who are computer challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I use one. I'm useless with computers but manage OK. The main problem I have is with printing. If I want to print something I have to e mail it to my laptop and then copy. There must be easier ways but that is what I do. However, for simple things like surfing the internet a chromebook is unbeatable. They are fast, not hampered by continual updates and don't need anti virus software. For me it's ideal but for certain applications they can be problematical for those who are computer challenged.
    i think the same for the internet its great but with most things going online and paper free its a bit of a nightmare thanks

You can print directly from the CB, its all wifi though

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    anyone use one and could help with saving things such as statements as it looks like you cant use adobe reader anymore
    i guess its a PDF ? ? ?

i just click on the PDF and it opens, i save to CB and it just opens

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    i guess its a PDF ? ? ?

i just click on the PDF and it opens, i save to CB and it just opens
    thats it a pdf it wont even open it says you need to download something to read this file

what about a decent tablet ?

What advantages does a chrome book have over that

a tablet can do all that cant it ?

For stuff like this I would just save it to a Drive folder, rather than saving to a physical drive on your chromebook. (Although I wouldnt save bank statements anyway, they are surely available via your bank for as long as you need them). Or do you mean you are struggling to open pdfs so you can see them on your chromebook?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    For stuff like this I would just save it to a Drive folder, rather than saving to a physical drive on your chromebook. (Although I wouldnt save bank statements anyway, they are surely available via your bank for as long as you need them). Or do you mean you are struggling to open pdfs so you can see them on your chromebook?
    sorry yes it arrives as a pdf but i cant save it then open it ,was using bank statements as example

sorry yes it arrives as a pdf but i cant save it then open it ,was using bank statements as example
    go to the " chrome web store " ( its just the CB app store ) and search for PDF reader

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    go to the " chrome web store " ( its just the CB app store ) and search for PDF reader
    cheers will try that

cheers will try that
    thank you bluematt