+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racism In Australia , The Australian Dream , Tonight BBC 2 , 10 pm

Re: Racism In Australia , The Australian Dream , Tonight BBC 2 , 10 pm

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Ice hockey
    Puck off Sludge

Been in Aust. For 30years. I still can't believe the racist attitude of some.
    The cities aren't so bad but the country areas are a disgrace.
    Bloody rednecks.
    The history of the indigenous people after white settlement is truly awful.
    Makes me ashamed.
    New Zealand on the other hand seem to embrace Maori culture and although there are still problems they are miles ahead
    Of here.

My mistake lads , I thought it was Manley
    Redfern was the dodgy area of Sydney when I lived there, it was the aboriginal area etc....wasn’t so bad when I went back a few years later mind. I worked there a few times and it was fine. The local ozzies didnt see it like that mind, quite a lot of drinking etc which their bodies can’t handle. Manly on the other hand was lovely like most coastal suburbs like Dee Why, Avalon and palm beach where home and away was filmed.

Watched the second half of the documentary last night. Hard to believe that was 2015 when they literally booed him out of the game.

Anyone else notice the pundit who did the black face in 1993 was the same guy in 2015 having a pop at Goodes saying people were not booing him because of his skin colour but because he was a jerk??

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Watched the second half of the documentary last night. Hard to believe that was 2015 when they literally booed him out of the game.

Anyone else notice the pundit who did the black face in 1993 was the same guy in 2015 having a pop at Goodes saying people were not booing him because of his skin colour but because he was a jerk??
    And half the audience clapping him

And half the audience clapping him
    Sam Newman. Just googled him. He makes Ron Atkinson look like Lily Allen.

That blackface thing was shameful

It always makes me laugh when people say they want a new life in Australia away from all the crime and immigration in the UK

Wtf do they think australia is built on ?

There are more people of Greek descent living in Australia than in most large Greek cities

I am surprised someone hasn't taken Newman out and I don't mean for lunch

Just read it , what a tosser

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    The chap who was criticising Goodes about the incident din't come across very well. I have always thought that they are inherently racist and see themselves as superior to any no-white immigrants. Cleary so too. and the above poster's point about them seeming arrogant come across as being true too.

My daughter spent a year there and said in the smaller communities the indigenous people are treated really poorly and looked down upon.

Ask any who claim to be ‘first fleeters’ about other Australians and be prepared for a superior snobby sneer they’re so good at

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I was surprised by the mention of Canada. Toronto for example is a multi racial City although I noticed there are distinct parts where the various races live and have not integrated. There is a massive Chinese element there. From memory I believe at least 20% of the population of Canada were not born there.

The québécois all have a major chip on their shoulders about the french language and separatism They don’t care what colour you are they actively dislike you if you don’t speak French. And don’t start on that tipping business in Canada. Should be on the thread about begging in aggressive manner

I’ve lived in Brisbane for 16 years and haven’t experienced much racism here. It’s a big city though so I’m only speaking from my experience. I have three Maori step kids and my area is pretty multicultural and most people are good c****. When Steve Cougan did a stand up gig here a few years ago he started his set with the words “it’s good to be back in Australia, land of the BBQ and casual racism.” I’m sure racism is here but it’s not as bad as the USA or UK in my opinion. There’s not much of that all lives matter stuff going on in my circles anyway. The programme was really really good. He’s a top bloke and a great role model. His war dance at the bogans was superb. I’m amazed people got upset about it. Also, 30% of people here were born overseas which is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisbane CCFC View Post
    I’ve lived in Brisbane for 16 years and haven’t experienced much racism here. It’s a big city though so I’m only speaking from my experience. I have three Maori step kids and my area is pretty multicultural and most people are good c****. When Steve Cougan did a stand up gig here a few years ago he started his set with the words “it’s good to be back in Australia, land of the BBQ and casual racism.” I’m sure racism is here but it’s not as bad as the USA or UK in my opinion. There’s not much of that all lives matter stuff going on in my circles anyway. The programme was really really good. He’s a top bloke and a great role model. His war dance at the bogans was superb. I’m amazed people got upset about it. Also, 30% of people here were born overseas which is interesting.
    I loved that war dance

I loved that war dance
    And when his team mate did the spear chucking part later as well, eye opening programme that was.