+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racism In Australia , The Australian Dream , Tonight BBC 2 , 10 pm

Racism In Australia , The Australian Dream , Tonight BBC 2 , 10 pm

Adam Goodes , Australian Rules player and his experience of racism , looks Interesting

Indigenous people in Australia, America have been treated disgracefully

The Chant Of Jimmy Blacksmith is a great film on the plight of the aborigine, very violent though

Re: Racism In Australia , The Australian Dream , Tonight BBC 2 , 10 pm

This looks like its going one way

Racism against aborigines is basically ethnic cleansing and thats what happened in the past

Worrying how endemic it is still today though

Australian Rules Football , the national game of the White settlers , based on a aboriginal ancient pastime

He got called you black monkey looking **** when he was 25

****** , abbo, coon

Stories of racism being dealt with behind closed doors

Aborigines being stopped 3 times in a day in the car

Fans saying to aborigine players we are going to hang u and rape your families

All this crap about Australia being a welcoming place , it isn't for its original occupants

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    This looks like its going one way

Racism against aborigines is basically ethnic cleansing and thats what happened in the past

Worrying how endemic it is still today though

Australian Rules Football , the national game of the White settlers , based on a aboriginal ancient pastime

He got called you black monkey looking **** when he was 25

****** , abbo, coon

Stories of racism being dealt with behind closed doors

Aborigines being stopped 3 times in a day in the car

Fans saying to aborigine players we are going to hang u and rape your families

All this crap about Australia being a welcoming place , it isn't for its original occupants
    I visited Uluru a few years back and it was horrible to see the way they were treated or rather exploited. My observations in the big cities like Sydney, Melbourne and Perth was better however.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I visited Uluru a few years back and it was horrible to see the way they were treated or rather exploited. My observations in the big cities like Sydney, Melbourne and Perth was better however.
    Manley in Sydney is basically a ghetto

The true racism of the Australian society is coming out in this programme

white Australians telling black Australians to grow thicker skins when people call them apes

Manley is a really nice place with some seriously expensive real estate. There are some nice beaches and lots of eye candy. I've been there several times and not really observed any problems and my cousin lives on the outskirts. I've not seen this program but will have a look on iplayer and then make a call. I bloody love Sydney and my son (Bluebird) lives and works there and there's lots of multi-cultural stuff going on. You're gonna get some bad eggs everywhere. Whatever happened to Sydney Blue or Bluebird Down Under?

Manley is a decent place to live, decent bars, right on the edge of a national park, its the other side of the bridge from Maroubra ( which is a plus ) I have spent many good nights in Manly, nice bistro's ( used to be a very good Jazz bar down that way when i was on Sydney ) and you get to arrive by the ferry, what more could you want

Great surf at Manley beach, on the other side i used to scuba dive near the sailing club, if i wasnt living in Double bay at the time, i would have looked at Manley as it had it all

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Manley is a decent place to live, decent bars, right on the edge of a national park, its the other side of the bridge from Maroubra ( which is a plus ) I have spent many good nights in Manly, nice bistro's ( used to be a very good Jazz bar down that way when i was on Sydney ) and you get to arrive by the ferry, what more could you want

Great surf at Manley beach, on the other side i used to scuba dive near the sailing club, if i wasnt living in Double bay at the time, i would have looked at Manley as it had it all
    My son did the Manley to Bondi walk the other day, 80Km, in one day! Raised a lot of $ for a cancer charity. He lives in Bondi Jn.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    My son did the Manley to Bondi walk the other day, 80Km, in one day! Raised a lot of $ for a cancer charity. He lives in Bondi Jn.
    thats a good walk indeed, well done to him, very impressive

Had plenty of nights out in Bondi aswell though it was a PITA to get back from at night, so would often just drink till the 1st bus and then head to work saved on a taxi fare

My mistake lads , I thought it was Manley

anyone see Adam goode put up with a tirade of abuse for most of the game

Late on he picks up the ball , kicks a goal

Then runs over to the thickos doing an aborigine war dance right in their faces

Love it !

Watched it up to the point they were calling him an ape. Will watch the rest tonight.

That guy doing the "blackface" in 1993. The arrogance of the bloke. Wow. Even in the meeting to apologise he was grinning like it was a big joke.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Watched it up to the point they were calling him an ape. Will watch the rest tonight.

That guy doing the "blackface" in 1993. The arrogance of the bloke. Wow. Even in the meeting to apologise he was grinning like it was a big joke.
    it was awful mate , won't spoil it

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I work with a lot of Australians. Generally nice people. A few knobs but you get them everywhere but there seems to be an undercurrent a sense that they for some reason consider themselves somehow superior.

You find a lot of ockers around SEAsia. Honestly they are a fkg disgrace in places like Bali. Probably because it’s so quick and easy to get to for the drinking classes.

And that sense of superiority goes to the top Last month I think the Australian immigration minister tol New Zealander’s working in Australia to go home.

I agree with the New Zealand prime minister who was asked to comment on the rising numbers of New Zealander’s going to Australia. She said it improved the IQ of both countries

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I work with a lot of Australians. Generally nice people. A few knobs but you get them everywhere but there seems to be an undercurrent a sense that they for some reason consider themselves somehow superior.

You find a lot of ockers around SEAsia. Honestly they are a fkg disgrace in places like Bali. Probably because it’s so quick and easy to get to for the drinking classes.

And that sense of superiority goes to the top Last month I think the Australian immigration minister tol New Zealander’s working in Australia to go home.

I agree with the New Zealand prime minister who was asked to comment on the rising numbers of New Zealander’s going to Australia. She said it improved the IQ of both countries
    wish she was the leader of our Labour Party

I've been very fortunate to travel globally & visit roughly 40 countries. Without doubt the two most racist countries (which really surprised me) are Australia & Canada (unfortunately due to the high level of begging & drunk Inuits).

My Aunt is of Aboriginal decent and when I was staying with her and I was lucky enough to meet & date an Aboriginal lass. I went out with her one night to a party and they only let her in after pleading by me. There was a buffet but as I only had the one entry ticket I gave it to her but they refused her food and gave me a hard time for giving her the ticket. We walked out.

I love Australia, I love my ever growing (Aboriginal decent) family, but the racism is truly surprising.

The chap who was criticising Goodes about the incident din't come across very well. I have always thought that they are inherently racist and see themselves as superior to any no-white immigrants. Cleary so too. and the above poster's point about them seeming arrogant come across as being true too.

My daughter spent a year there and said in the smaller communities the indigenous people are treated really poorly and looked down upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I've been very fortunate to travel globally & visit roughly 40 countries. Without doubt the two most racist countries (which really surprised me) are Australia & Canada (unfortunately due to the high level of begging & drunk Inuits).

My Aunt is of Aboriginal decent and when I was staying with her and I was lucky enough to meet & date an Aboriginal lass. I went out with her one night to a party and they only let her in after pleading by me. There was a buffet but as I only had the one entry ticket I gave it to her but they refused her food and gave me a hard time for giving her the ticket. We walked out.

I love Australia, I love my ever growing (Aboriginal decent) family, but the racism is truly surprising.
    Canada surprises me , very multi racial in the major cities , Toronto and vancouver are rainbow cities

Australia , well their treatment of aborigines is akin to the genocide of the American indians

In the settlements the plan , after they had stopped murdering aborigine men was to get aborigine girls to mate with white boys and dilute the gene pool

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    The chap who was criticising Goodes about the incident din't come across very well. I have always thought that they are inherently racist and see themselves as superior to any no-white immigrants. Cleary so too. and the above poster's point about them seeming arrogant come across as being true too.

My daughter spent a year there and said in the smaller communities the indigenous people are treated really poorly and looked down upon.
    he was intelligent

But a racist

I was surprised by the mention of Canada. Toronto for example is a multi racial City although I noticed there are distinct parts where the various races live and have not integrated. There is a massive Chinese element there. From memory I believe at least 20% of the population of Canada were not born there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I was surprised by the mention of Canada. Toronto for example is a multi racial City although I noticed there are distinct parts where the various races live and have not integrated. There is a massive Chinese element there. From memory I believe at least 20% of the population of Canada were not born there.
    Huge Chinese community in Toronto, beautiful Chinatown. A mate of mine went there a few years back , he says its a huge city

Canada surprises me , very multi racial in the major cities , Toronto and vancouver are rainbow cities

Australia , well their treatment of aborigines is akin to the genocide of the American indians

In the settlements the plan , after they had stopped murdering aborigine men was to get aborigine girls to mate with white boys and dilute the gene pool
    Firstly, I've just watched the documentary, which is excellent. Goodes & Stan Grant come across really well and much of what was portrayed reflects my experiences. There is a high level of naivety & ignorance.

Regarding Canada, I've lived in Toronto and I found the racism to be selective. Quebecois & Chinese get regular stick but the Inuits get the same level of abuse as the Aborigines in Oz. Unfortunately there's homelessness & drunkeness linked to social & lack of work which exaggerates the situation. In my time in Vancouver I didn't see similar problems but as a city it has serious drug & social issues but takes a very positive approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Firstly, I've just watched the documentary, which is excellent. Goodes & Stan Grant come across really well and much of what was portrayed reflects my experiences. There is a high level of naivety & ignorance.

Regarding Canada, I've lived in Toronto and I found the racism to be selective. Quebecois & Chinese get regular stick but the Inuits get the same level of abuse as the Aborigines in Oz. Unfortunately there's homelessness & drunkeness linked to social & lack of work which exaggerates the situation. In my time in Vancouver I didn't see similar problems but as a city it has serious drug & social issues but takes a very positive approach.
    Saw some rioting after the Stanley Cup defeat in vancouver a few years ago . It was bedlam . Then the riot police turned up and they didn't pass about

Saw some rioting after the Stanley Cup defeat in vancouver a few years ago . It was bedlam . Then the riot police turned up and they didn't pass about
    Should’ve given them a football then

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Should’ve given them a football then
    Ice hockey