+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any recommendations on Amazon Prime?

Any recommendations on Amazon Prime?

I like shoot 'em ups, WW2 movies, action, gangs but there seems to be feck all of any interest on Prime.

Watched Midway the other night but the CGI was overdone and ruined it somewhat.

Anyone got any suggestions please?

Ta, TIB

Re: Any recommendations on Amazon Prime?

The Looming Tower is decent, it’s an 8 or 10 part series all about the build up to 9/11 and how the CIA withheld terrorist information from the FBI. A few shoot downs, politics, swearing, it’s a good binge watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    The Looming Tower is decent, it’s an 8 or 10 part series all about the build up to 9/11 and how the CIA withheld terrorist information from the FBI. A few shoot downs, politics, swearing, it’s a good binge watch.
    ta, will check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I like shoot 'em ups, WW2 movies, action, gangs but there seems to be feck all of any interest on Prime.

Ta, TIB
    Hell on Wheels.

Bit like Deadwood.

Ta, TIB
    Looking Tower is very good and well worth watching. But in my humble opinion the best series I've ever seen is available on Amazon Prime and that's Justified. After 2 episodes it just gets better and better, the characters are unforgettable, the plot lines are superb and as for the series finale ! Don't miss it !!

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Looking Tower is very good and well worth watching. But in my humble opinion the best series I've ever seen is available on Amazon Prime and that's Justified. After 2 episodes it just gets better and better, the characters are unforgettable, the plot lines are superb and as for the series finale ! Don't miss it !!
    Looming Tower ! Bloody predictive text...

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    oh yes wonderful binge watcher and the rest which have all been excellent watch the trailers

Mr. Robot
    Goliath
    Jack Ryan
    Sneaky Pete
    The Americans
    Life in Pieces
    Longmire
    Justfied

The Boys and Hunters are both very good

I'm on Ep 5 of Ozark and it's very good. Lots of good sports documentaries on there too, there's a great one on Calzaghe if you're into boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    oh yes wonderful binge watcher and the rest which have all been excellent watch the trailers

Mr. Robot
    Goliath
    Jack Ryan
    Sneaky Pete
    The Americans
    Life in Pieces
    Longmire
    Justfied
    i just started Goliath. Enjoying it so far. I start these things and fall asleep halfway through and then forget about them. But I'll try to stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    i just started Goliath. Enjoying it so far. I start these things and fall asleep halfway through and then forget about them. But I'll try to stick with it.
    Give season 3 a miss.

Mr. Robot
    Goliath
    Jack Ryan
    Sneaky Pete
    The Americans
    Life in Pieces
    Longmire
    Justfied
    I stopped watching Sneaky Pete. I found it too stressful. Really enjoyed the Americans. I just watched the new version of Perry Mason starring Matthew Rhys. (I always wonder if he's a City fan, making Keri Russell a City fan by association) I might try Jack Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I stopped watching Sneaky Pete. I found it too stressful. Really enjoyed the Americans. I just watched the new version of Perry Mason starring Matthew Rhys. (I always wonder if he's a City fan, making Keri Russell a City fan by association) I might try Jack Ryan.
    I'm 6 episodes in to Perry Mason. I don't have Prime - I think it's recording from Sky Atlantic. It is excellent - the whole cast is brilliant.

I can't find any references to Matthew Rhys' football affiliations (although I am convinced Keri Russell is a Bluebird). He is listed as a Plaid supporter, he is a Cardiff born Welsh speaker (first language) and he is ensuring his young son follows Welsh rugby from NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm 6 episodes in to Perry Mason. I don't have Prime - I think it's recording from Sky Atlantic. It is excellent - the whole cast is brilliant.

I can't find any references to Matthew Rhys' football affiliations (although I am convinced Keri Russell is a Bluebird). He is listed as a Plaid supporter, he is a Cardiff born Welsh speaker (first language) and he is ensuring his young son follows Welsh rugby from NYC.
    Could easily be a plastic Scouser or Manc. You never know. However, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I used to see Keri Russel quite a lot in my old neighborhood. If I ever see her again, I'll ask.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

he's clearly patriotic

If he's a Cardiff born Welsh speaker and he's ensuring his young son follows Wales Rugby there will be only one team for him

Manchester United

Perry Mason, there you go great that people have differing opinions. Thought it was shite, abandoned after a couple of episodes. I like a relaxing watch, I found this far too much like hard work! Needs a darkened room, no distractions and subtitles!

The Boys was really good

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Perry Mason, there you go great that people have differing opinions. Thought it was shite, abandoned after a couple of episodes. I like a relaxing watch, I found this far too much like hard work! Needs a darkened room, no distractions and subtitles!
    It started slow, I'll give you that. But it's worth sticking with. Massive twist at the end. Just got renewed for a second season. Matthew Rhys Evans has done alright for himself. His Mrs is a proper sort too.

It started slow, I'll give you that. But it's worth sticking with. Massive twist at the end. Just got renewed for a second season. Matthew Rhys Evans has done alright for himself. His Mrs is a proper sort too.
    It got better and better as it went on. Matthew Rhys was very good - but the supporting cast (especially Juliet Rylance, Chris Chalk, Shea Whigham and the incredible Veronica Falcon) stole it. Always down to personal taste - but I wasn't expecting much from this and was totally won over. I also love the way they have broken from the original books and the 1950s Raymond Burr incarnation to produce something new - a crime drama series that deals with racism, corruption, sexual identity and hysterical God bothering and with John Lithgow too. Last episode tonight!

Give season 3 a miss.
    I enjoyed it as Billy Bob is such a class act

I enjoyed it as Billy Bob is such a class act
    Enjoyed Season 3 more than 2, but all 3 Seasons are good

Try - upload. Fantastic series.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upload_(TV_series)

In 2033, humans are able to "upload" themselves into a virtual afterlife of their choosing. When computer programmer Nathan dies prematurely, he is uploaded to the very expensive Lake View, but soon finds himself under the thumb of his possessive, still-living girlfriend Ingrid. As Nathan adjusts to the pros and cons of digital heaven, he bonds with Nora, his living customer service rep, or "Angel". Nora struggles with the pressures of her job, her dying father who does not want to be uploaded, and her growing feelings for Nathan while slowly coming to believe that Nathan was murdered

Ta, TIB

The CGI was SO over the top wasn't it?! It made the action sequences appear comic book-like!

Have you watched 'Greyhound' with Tom Hanks? (maybe it is only on Apple TV)

Hunters is so predictable..a different Nazi every week