+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Now it's Ampadu to Norwich on loan...

Now it's Ampadu to Norwich on loan...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rwich-18742201

I contributed to an earlier post urging City to get on with securing a loan or two as Swansea among others have been so successful at in recent years. Now WOL are reporting it's as good as done that Chelsea have agreed Ampadu will spend the upcoming season on loan at Norwich.

Wake up Bluebirds - you now know it's the Championship , there will be no decent loanees available in a minute!

Re: Now it's Ampadu to Norwich on loan...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rwich-18742201

I contributed to an earlier post urging City to get on with securing a loan or two as Swansea among others have been so successful at in recent years. Now WOL are reporting it's as good as done that Chelsea have agreed Ampadu will spend the upcoming season on loan at Norwich.

Wake up Bluebirds - you now know it's the Championship , there will be no decent loanees available in a minute!
    If it is true that Keiffer Moore and City are some way apart when it comes to pay, then I would doubt if we would be able or willing to pay the sort of money Chelsea would want for an Ampadu loan and that could well apply to other loanees from the bigger clubs as well.

The thing I've noticed is that it's difficult to ascertain where the club are with Moore at the moment because like most others rely on that NewsNow website for information.I read a book on transfers a couple of years ago(the authors name escapes me at the mo) in which he said that 4 out of 5 stories on that site are fabricated so I tend to ignore most of the stuff on there.

Norwich seem to be getting a lot of business done quickly

I would love to see a cap on loans something like 2 loans a season that would put a spanner in the works for the big clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I would love to see a cap on loans something like 2 loans a season that would put a spanner in the works for the big clubs.
    It's coming but not quickly enough. Atalanta had 55 players out on loan last season and Chelsea/Man City weren't much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Norwich seem to be getting a lot of business done quickly
    Some might argue it needs to be done quickly.

The new season starts in under 5 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    It's coming but not quickly enough. Atalanta had 55 players out on loan last season and Chelsea/Man City weren't much better.
    Personally I think it's slowly suffocating the life out of football.

Like it or not it is just the way that football has gone. It seems raiding the academy of smaller clubs and hoping one or two come good is the way your Man City's of this world have chosen. When they are getting millions from other leagues for players like Matondo who didn't really make it with them then you can understand why they do it.

If City aren't to be left behind they need to be utilising the loan market as much as other clubs and aiming to be a club that players want to come to and the parent club want to send their players.
    I don't think our brand of football has helped in this regard in recent times.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Like it or not it is just the way that football has gone. It seems raiding the academy of smaller clubs and hoping one or two come good is the way your Man City's of this world have chosen. When they are getting millions from other leagues for players like Matondo who didn't really make it with them then you can understand why they do it.

If City aren't to be left behind they need to be utilising the loan market as much as other clubs and aiming to be a club that players want to come to and the parent club want to send their players.
    I don't think our brand of football has helped in this regard in recent times.
    Agreed. Also, look at the level of clubs we send our players out on loan to. Ideally, they should be good enough for a spell in Belgium with Kortrijk before coming to us, rather than Welsh Premier/National League standard.

I agree perhaps the time has come in ceasing loans , set reduced squads , that then results in play or sell and could even out football.

Ampadu would be perfect the way we play, the difference when Pack isn't playing is there to see since lock down.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I agree perhaps the time has come in ceasing loans , set reduced squads , that then results in play or sell and could even out football.
    I know it would put a lot of journeymen players further down the line but I’d love to see not a reduced squad quota, that could stay the same, but an actual reduced total number of senior pros on the books. Say 30/35 senior pros per season full stop, no spiteful buying of a player, no intention of playing him but lending him to an overseas club to prevent him doing any harm to you in the season. Massive wage bill reduction and the filtering down of talent who’d be paid what they’re worth not what they think they’re worth. If they don’t accept the wage, they’re clubless with no income at all. The amount of players that the likes of Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea etc are hoarding is obscene and preventing an even competition as these fringe players would walk into many other sides.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If it is true that Keiffer Moore and City are some way apart when it comes to pay, then I would doubt if we would be able or willing to pay the sort of money Chelsea would want for an Ampadu loan and that could well apply to other loanees from the bigger clubs as well.
    If city lose Moore to Middlesbrough over pay, I can see the next season being very much the same squad, but not the same result.
    Our potential of making the top 6 with the same squad is extremely poor.

We're a two bob club, always have been.

No disrespect to Norwich, but if Ampadu is available I'd have thought there would be Premier League/European interest after his performance against Spurs in the Champions League.

It's suffocating the lower divisions that's for sure. 20 years ago players like Ampadu etc would be playing for 2nd division clubs. Nowadays anyone with any talent gets snapped up by a big club and shipped out to Europe.

Isn't he going to Fulham?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    We're a two bob club, always have been.
    But apparently we've got Poundland manager. 20 shillings! Woo-hoo!