+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How time flies!! 10 years since the passing of BRIAN CLARK

How time flies!! 10 years since the passing of BRIAN CLARK

It’s true what they say, time does go quicker, the older you get.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?clie...ile-gws-wiz-hp

Re: How time flies!! 10 years since the passing of BRIAN CLARK

Agreed, I would have said something like he'd died in 2014 if asked.

Class player, a true gent, and the scorer of the greatest City goal......EVER!

I remember when we played Middlesborough at home in the FA Cup in the 90s, he was sat near me on the Bob Bank.

Probably had to pay for his own ticket.

Someone like Brian, should have been an ambassador, and sat in the directors box.

I had the pleasure of having lunch with Brian in either 1996 or ‘97. Not having met before, made our introductions and promptly talked football over lunch. A great conversationalist and probably one of the nicest people I have ever met. Truly a gentleman. Not a bad player either!

I played squash regularly with Brian Clark who was at the time a rep. I was too embarrassed to mention Cardiff City and he didn't mention it once. He was a really nice and very modest bloke.

One of my all time favourite players at City. He was great in his heyday with us.

First time I saw Brian Clark was when he was in the England XI that played at Jimmy Dickinson's testimonial in 1965 at Fratton Park. There were some great players on show that night - and Dickinson himself, a wing-half, had 48 England caps, played more than 800 games and was never booked. I remember being impressed by Clark's skill - although he lacked pace.

I later saw him in the street - I believe he lived in the Coryton Rise area - probably in the late 60s. That was the time you could regularly see John Charles shopping at Rhiwbina.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I played squash regularly with Brian Clark who was at the time a rep. I was too embarrassed to mention Cardiff City and he didn't mention it once. He was a really nice and very modest bloke.

That says everything that you need to know about him (not that you never mentioned it! The fact that he never did)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    First time I saw Brian Clark was when he was in the England XI that played at Jimmy Dickinson's testimonial in 1965 at Fratton Park. There were some great players on show that night - and Dickinson himself, a wing-half, had 48 England caps, played more than 800 games and was never booked. I remember being impressed by Clark's skill - although he lacked pace.

I later saw him in the street - I believe he lived in the Coryton Rise area - probably in the late 60s. That was the time you could regularly see John Charles shopping at Rhiwbina.
    John Charles had a sports shop in Rhiwbina next to the Co-op at the end of the block of shops.

My Dad knew him and we saw him there few times

i gave him a lift home after a game years ago after he came to Abduls Bar.

Legend.

Will forever be my favourite player and a major influence on me falling in love with City.

A great footballer, true gent and wonderful human being. Always a great pleasure to meet & discuss football with.