+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Probably a coincidence

Banned

Probably a coincidence

Probably coincidence, but whenever Johnson's Government seem to hit a sticky patch, there also seems to be an increase in anti-migration rhetoric on Social Media. Probably just me, but the last time I saw so much anti immigration propaganda on Facebook was when Cummings was caught out flouting the rules.

Re: Probably a coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Probably coincidence, but whenever Johnson's Government seem to hit a sticky patch, there also seems to be an increase in anti-migration rhetoric on Social Media. Probably just me, but the last time I saw so much anti immigration propaganda on Facebook was when Cummings was caught out flouting the rules.
    When the scandal about them covering up the rape allegations came out we started seeing lots of Corbyn/starmer pieces too. It's so bleedin obvious what they are doing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    When the scandal about them covering up the rape allegations came out we started seeing lots of Corbyn/starmer pieces too. It's so bleedin obvious what they are doing.
    My uncle has been posting loads of "illegal immigrant" nonsense since we heard about a rise in cases and a possibility schools may be closed. Usually memes started by accounts that are fairly dubious (no photos, no family members, no friends". I usually wade in on these things to try to add facts to the hysteria, and noticed my sister (who usually adds her weight to my view) was being very quiet. She works for the DWP and has been told categorically that getting involved in politics is now being frowned upon in her department.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In leaving the EU, we are also leaving the Dublin Regulation. Of course, we "losing remainers" and "do-gooders" pointed this out before, during and after the referendum. But, I was told by quite a few people, there is a plan.

The same people refuse, point-blankedly, to accept that an asylum seeker is not obliged to stay in the "first safe country". Apparently the answer is simple "send them back". So, good old Britain will send arrivals back to, where? France? And France will say "Hang on, these people have no documents, they have clearly arrived from Britain, have them back".

200 people arrived on the Kent coast this weekend. There were about 2,000 new cases of covid recorded over the same weekend. Track and Tracing is failing to such an extent that the re-opening of schools (Johnson says it is vital they re-open) is at risk. In times like these, the Tories need a common enemy that "we" can all unite and rally against.

Wankers the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    In leaving the EU, we are also leaving the Dublin Regulation. Of course, we "losing remainers" and "do-gooders" pointed this out before, during and after the referendum. But, I was told by quite a few people, there is a plan.

The same people refuse, point-blankedly, to accept that an asylum seeker is not obliged to stay in the "first safe country". Apparently the answer is simple "send them back". So, good old Britain will send arrivals back to, where? France? And France will say "Hang on, these people have no documents, they have clearly arrived from Britain, have them back".

200 people arrived on the Kent coast this weekend. There were about 2,000 new cases of covid recorded over the same weekend. Track and Tracing is failing to such an extent that the re-opening of schools (Johnson says it is vital they re-open) is at risk. In times like these, the Tories need a common enemy that "we" can all unite and rally against.

Wankers the lot of them.
    You can trust Marina Hyde to cut through all of the crap - this is a superb article;-

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...igrant-mission