+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Korey Smith

Korey Smith

I'm usually late so sorry if this has been rumoured previously but a couple of sensible Wurzel fans I know say he's decent.
    https://twitter.com/ZoneEfl/status/1...781724170?s=19
    He's been released but has had some injury problems so he sounds a perfect signing for us.

Re: Korey Smith

defensive midfield is an area that could do with strengthening, but I'd prefer someone who wasn't going to be 30 in January, and who already has a list of injuries.
    that said I don't know enough about the guy to have a very strong opinion.

"Several nasty knee and ankle injuries"

... "The sun setting on his career".

I'm sorry, but I'm just fatigued by the seemingly constant signings from just over the bridge, going back to Nicky Maynard (yeah, I know he came via West Ham and Flint from Middlesbrough)
    The ironic thing is that all of them (Tomlin apart) come with the tag of "great servant" and how they'd been a "huge part of Bristol City's recent history" - when was the last time they finished above us?
    It is THEY that should be looking at OUR cast-offs!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

I'm sorry, but I'm just fatigued by the seemingly constant signings from just over the bridge, going back to Nicky Maynard (yeah, I know he came via West Ham and Flint from Middlesbrough)
    The ironic thing is that all of them (Tomlin apart) come with the tag of "great servant" and how they'd been a "huge part of Bristol City's recent history" - when was the last time they finished above us?
    Spot-on

We dominated the Wurzels back at theirs a couple of months ago. Is Korey Smith an improvement on Bacuna, Ralls or Vaulks? No. No he isnt.

Saw this rumour from brizzle fans the other day, they were putting two and two together as his contract was up, he wouldn't have to move and our recent history of picking up an ex Bristol City player to keep our quota up.

There's quite possibly nothing in it.

Having said that the few comments at the time were quite positive about him.

Is there a chance one of our regular midfielders will be leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is there a chance one of our regular midfielders will be leaving?
    Perhaps we could persuade them to do an exchange deal... we give them Pack!

Perhaps we could persuade them to do an exchange deal... we give them Pack!
    Smith is out of contract - not even the wurzels would take Pack back. That statue they threw in the river is quicker round the park.

I don't even know who Smith is - thats how much an impression he made on me - so no thanks and that goes for Pack and Flint as well.

A 30 year-old, injury prone, wurzel reject? Why?

Give him a 6 year contract!

nail on the head

Bet he's amazing now

Good player from what I remember but unless a club can get him on a heavily incentivised contract by low wages and big appearance bonus etc it’s a huge gamble reading that for whoever takes him on.

I always see ‘get x on a pay as you play deal!’ On these sorts of players - has ANYONE ever gotten a PAYP deal? I certainly never heard of anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Bet he's amazing now
    A true embodiment of the Swansea way. A real mystery how he's ended up at them instead of Man City.

Couple of names I'll throw in the mix who are entering the last year of their contracts and may be in the mix (not ITK but a friend of a friend rumour) Mahlon Romeo (Millwall) & Moses Odubajo (Sheff Weds). I don't know much about either other than they're both under contract review.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Couple of names I'll throw in the mix who are entering the last year of their contracts and may be in the mix (not ITK but a friend of a friend rumour) Mahlon Romeo (Millwall) & Moses Odubajo (Sheff Weds). I don't know much about either other than they're both under contract review.
    2 rightbacks one has recently played under Harris.
    seems very plausible

Romeo was apparently top of the list a few months back.

Odubajo was an excellent Championship right back until his injury but I'm not so sure that applies now - I can see Sanderson coming here for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Odubajo was an excellent Championship right back until his injury but I'm not so sure that applies now - I can see Sanderson coming here for the season.
    Sanderson for the season is fine by me.
    Would have been notice to have had Smith, Hope Neil has another in mind.

How about Nathan Byrne,

Wigan Right back, picked up 1 goal and 8 assists last season.