+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man City v Lyon

Man City v Lyon

Last CL 1/4 final tonight.

Man City 0 - 1 Lyon
    25 mins

Re: Man City v Lyon

Amazing how many goals we see of this kind these days with keepers being so "mobile".

It seems the way people want to see the game played (the Pep way) is having a big effect on the goals that goalkeepers concede.
    If Ederson stays on his line letting the defender then there is little danger.

There's goals in this.

Great first half thought city should have levelled it towards the end having a couple of chances.

1 -1 game on

Get in - KDB

Ffs 1-2 Lyon

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Ffs 1-2 Lyon
    Holy shit. What a miss

what a miss from sterling !!

1-3. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    1-3. Wow
    Good.

As the commentator says, 2 from France and 2 from Germany in the SFs. Always good to see change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good.
    Yeah - way too much complacency around this game. Although I can't stand 3 of the 4 semi-finalists

game over

think that miss will go down as the worse ever in top flight football

Pep is losing it a bit i reckon. On his way back to Barca?

Curse of the chicken-counting english media.

can't see him moving on anywhere but if he did maybe Real or Athletico Madrid

by the way managed to get 5 bags of plaster last week in Coventry !

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    can't see him moving on anywhere but if he did maybe Real or Athletico Madrid

by the way managed to get 5 bags of plaster last week in Coventry !
    You reckon he'd go to Madrid? Yeah, there's plenty about at the moment if you need anymore.

Lyon undoubtedly played well but that was such a poor performance from Man City, let themselves down. Apart from the goal which was a nice move they looked completely ordinary.

Think they probably had one eye on Bayern, subconsciously if anything.

Sterling isn't sleeping tonight.

Have to say I far prefer these one off matches. Isn't happening any time soon, but could see this sort of mini tournament, neutral venue last 8 but with fans allowed being quite popular.

all sorted now got a new shiny hall ; had half a bag left so gave it to the plasterer , been painting all today my shoulders are killing me

think he will have another crack at the prem league

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

think that miss will go down as the worse ever in top flight football
    I've seen Sterling do that quite a few times.
    He's also a very greedy player.

Feel a bit for Mahrez as Sterling always seems to get the nod.

What next for Pep, new challenge?

Go get him Vince!

well the last time they were no english or spain sides in the last 4 of the champions league was the 1995/96 season

times are changing

Pep to Barca?

These quarter final results are like those scorelines you see in pre season friendly tournaments

Sterling won't be getting a good night sleep anytime soon. That miss could well haunt him for the rest of his life. As it stands right now, Pep's tenure at Man City must be considered a a failure.

The word "complacency" has, rightly, been mentioned - Man City have been eminently beatable in a Premier League which has been shown to be not too strong this season judging by results in European competition and yet they were favourites to win the Champions League last time I looked.
    The team selection last night was odd in that it went against the principles that have got Guardiola to his present position in the game and the indecisiveness shown by the timing of his substitutions suggested that his recent lack of success in the Champions League is getting to him somewhat.
    The second goal probably should have been disallowed, but I agreed with Rio Ferdinand's take on Man City's defending for it - they were wide open to be hit by an effective counter attack from the moment they equalised and it had needed some fairly desperate one on one defending to prevent them conceding in the ten minutes between DeBruyne's goal and Lyon going 2-1 up.