+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Cringeworthy City Moment

Re: A Cringeworthy City Moment

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    it does mention them being sat alight in that article. Although I remember at the Arsenal away FA Cup match in 2009 (?, the replay after a 0-0 at NP) a bunch of city morons trying to set an Arsenal scarf on fire in the ground and failing miserably. That's up there with embarrassing moments as well, the Arsenal fans above us were looking with sheer bemusement
    indeed they were , indeed they were , Mr gunman has left the building

At the arsenal away game Stanley knives were used to slash seats , some right fools out that night

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    indeed they were , indeed they were , Mr gunman has left the building

At the arsenal away game Stanley knives were used to slash seats , some right fools out that night
    If Bendtner could finish we would have lost 8-0 that night

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If Bendtner could finish we would have lost 8-0 that night
    it was a football lesson and we got the cane

Losing to Sheffield United 10-2 up at Bramall Lane. New Years Day. City players looked grey, Ferguson throwing up in the United goalmouth after missing a sitter. Fred smacking poor Len Davies around the face trying to sober him up. Carnage..

The Lone Gunman attempting to hit the goals from the half way line in the old days at ninian park

The ball just about got out of the centre circle

A tragic end to a once glorious football career

He is working down Porthcawl with the donkey rides now

Ole’s speech to the crowd broadcast over the PA before his first game was pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Losing to Sheffield United 10-2 up at Bramall Lane. New Years Day. City players looked grey, Ferguson throwing up in the United goalmouth after missing a sitter. Fred smacking poor Len Davies around the face trying to sober him up. Carnage..
    I think you really mean 11-2

And one of them even threw his f%cking shoe!

The Lone Gunman attempting to hit the goals from the half way line in the old days at ninian park

The ball just about got out of the centre circle

A tragic end to a once glorious football career

He is working down Porthcawl with the donkey rides now
    Pure fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I think you really mean 11-2
    You're right - I left before the end.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Pure fantasy.
    Unfortunately for those of us watching it was real life

Ridsdale taking some chancer called Ben Steele (?) out on the piss to woo his fictional investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Ridsdale taking some chancer called Ben Steele (?) out on the piss to woo his fictional investment.
    Christ that was hilarious

That bizarre emotional non relevant song they played after the game we lifted the championship trophy

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Took him to Kiwis, didn’t he?

It seems like I was right

There were press reports of red scarves being set alight and shoved in the bogs and urinals
    There were also press reports of a World War II bomber being found on the moon.

What you actually said was: "Most of the toilets were blocked up with them (the red scarves) and the urinals and a big mound of them were set on fire in the Ninian Stand."

Total nonsense. Fantasy.

The ever-reliable South Wales Echo claimed: "Supporters told the Echo that about seven scarves were thrown onto the pitch by half time, while several fans dumped their free scarves in the toilets and urinals."

So, the Echo's unverified reports of 'several fans' dumping their free scarves in the toilets and urinals made no suggestion that "most of the toilets and urinals were blocked up with them", as you boldly claimed, and the Echo made no mention of this alleged bonfire in the Ninian Stand either.

I can well remember the reaction on this message board and the personal accounts of friends who were there that night and had expected the majority of City fans to reject the red scarves. They were appalled at how popular the scarves proved. There were reports that a couple were discarded in urinals at the end of the game, but that was it.

As Stevebrickman says in this very thread: "I was in the Ninian that night, and I don’t recall any fires or the toilets over flowing."

There's a good reason Steve doesn't recall those things. It's because they didn't happen. If they had happened, it would have been all over the message boards and the social media sites within minutes. Instead, there were numerous reports from fans who were disgusted by the fact that a large majority of the 23,782 crowd not only accepted the free red scarves but happily wore them.

Your account was a hopeless exaggeration and an attempt to rewrite rebrand history. What really happened was nothing like you described it.

Our Chairman caught on hidden camera in a tv documentary "...and one of them even threw their f*cking shoe"

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

What you actually said was: "Most of the toilets were blocked up with them (the red scarves) and the urinals and a big mound of them were set on fire in the Ninian Stand."

Total nonsense. Fantasy.

The ever-reliable South Wales Echo claimed: "Supporters told the Echo that about seven scarves were thrown onto the pitch by half time, while several fans dumped their free scarves in the toilets and urinals."

So, the Echo's unverified reports of 'several fans' dumping their free scarves in the toilets and urinals made no suggestion that "most of the toilets and urinals were blocked up with them", as you boldly claimed, and the Echo made no mention of this alleged bonfire in the Ninian Stand either.

I can well remember the reaction on this message board and the personal accounts of friends who were there that night and had expected the majority of City fans to reject the red scarves. They were appalled at how popular the scarves proved. There were reports that a couple were discarded in urinals at the end of the game, but that was it.

As Stevebrickman says in this very thread: "I was in the Ninian that night, and I don’t recall any fires or the toilets over flowing."

There's a good reason Steve doesn't recall those things. It's because they didn't happen. If they had happened, it would have been all over the message boards and the social media sites within minutes. Instead, there were numerous reports from fans who were disgusted by the fact that a large majority of the 23,782 crowd not only accepted the free red scarves but happily wore them.

Your account was a hopeless exaggeration and an attempt to rewrite rebrand history. What really happened was nothing like you described it.
    Now that is a reply

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Took him to Kiwis, didn’t he?
    Yeah, classy as ever. Probably all on expenses.

Total nonsense. Fantasy.

You have been caught out and you don't like it mr angry

The Western mail is crap but its hardly going to say its got photographs of the events

Which you were told by mates as you were not there

Get back in your box mr miserable

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Now that is a reply
    I know , its as he would say , a complete fantasy of a reply

He said my claim that I remember reports of scarves being burnt and bogs blocked and scarves being set on fire was utter and pure fantasy . Well the Western mail link posted suggests hes been had .

He's a miserable git fair play

You have been caught out and you don't like it mr angry
    You've been exposed for the fantasist you are.

Here's your blocked toilets and urinals overflowing with red scarves:

http://www.savile-rogue.com/blog/201...ave-their-say/

No sign of that bonfire, though.

You've been exposed for the fantasist you are.

Here's your blocked toilets and urinals overflowing with red scarves:

http://www.savile-rogue.com/blog/201...ave-their-say/

No sign of that bonfire, though.
    Fantasies for me involve women , not press reports of urinals being used as dumping grounds for silly red scarves

Read the link , which incidentally , I didn't post

Go and take your wife out for a curry

Read the link , which incidentally , I didn't post
    I have read it. And quoted it.

The journalist: "Supporters told the Echo that about seven scarves were thrown onto the pitch by half time, while several fans dumped their free scarves in the toilets and urinals."

The fantasist: "Most of the toilets were blocked up with them (the red scarves) and the urinals and a big mound of them were set on fire in the Ninian Stand."

The realist: "I was in the Ninian that night, and I don’t recall any fires or the toilets over flowing."

Perhaps you should stick to gibbering shite about fishing.

I have read it. And quoted it.

The journalist: "Supporters told the Echo that about seven scarves were thrown onto the pitch by half time, while several fans dumped their free scarves in the toilets and urinals."

The fantasist: "Most of the toilets were blocked up with them (the red scarves) and the urinals and a big mound of them were set on fire in the Ninian Stand."

The realist: "I was in the Ninian that night, and I don’t recall any fires or the toilets over flowing."

Perhaps you should stick to gibbering shite about fishing.
    You were suggesting I was lying . Which is complete nonsense

I love fishing , metal , football , history , reading and scoffing loads of curry

Do you want me to teach you how to fish ? Now that you have given up on city

I could even teach you how to kick a football in a straight line if you want ?