Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
The football itself is 90 minutes in the middle of a good day out. I really have missed the whole package, the meeting with mates beforehand, the ‘one more pint and we’ll get a taxi’ or the ‘come on, hurry up, we’ll miss the football bus’. Seeing the people who sit by us, all seater stadia has given it a bit of a communal, matey feel, you get to know the folk around you in a non football way, if you get my drift. The few pints after the game, having a moan, even if we’ve won. Staying out a bit later than anticipated, I love it.
Away games, even earlier start, the banter on the bus, the ‘stop’ at the arranged dinner time, or usually earlier, pub. Being in that pub in a unique situation inasmuch as, due to it being so early, you know everyone in there, they’ve just travelled a few hours with you and have done every other week. The slightly merry last leg of the journey to the ground and on getting in seeing all the usual suspects under the stands boringly singing anti Swansea songs when we’re about to take on Nottingham Forest Good excuse for another moan and a few shouts of ‘Shut up ya knobs, forget Swansea, support The City’. Game over, back on the bus, slagging out the front seat DJ but still singing along to his choices. Saying the ‘Tara’s’ from Newport onto Cardiff, ‘Pint in town?’, ‘Aye, go on’. Staying out a bit later than anticipated, I love it!!!!
It is a fecking long day following city away

up at 7 , bus at 8

Back home at ten

Its a young man's game