+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Cringeworthy City Moment

Re: A Cringeworthy City Moment

Does every thread involving TLG have to go this way?

He questions the intellect of his foe and then seems to question what people do with their spare time while dedicating a lot of his own to playing with spiders.

I find it all a bit bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You were suggesting I was lying . Which is complete nonsense

I love fishing , metal , football , history , reading and scoffing loads of curry

Do you want me to teach you how to fish ? Now that you have given up on city

I could even teach you how to kick a football in a straight line if you want ?
    He hasn't given up on City.

He wouldn't go until Tan had gone but changed that to he will go if he gets free tickets from his numerous amount of friends. I've never known a bloke with no interest in something get offered so many tickets for it.

It is up there as a front runner for one of the most Cringeworthy City Moments for me if I was pressed.

The fact he hangs around here acting like King Pompous of CCMB is comedy gold.

I understand that TLG now says that he won't give a penny to City under Tan.

What I would ask TLG is this. Do you not feel that you attending, whether you pay for the ticket or not, helps Tan owned City?
    In my opinion a full seat where there would have been an empty one, regardless of if you paid for it or not, helps the team and in a roundabout way helps Tan with him being the owner.

I'd honestly like to know how you attending but not paying for a ticket does not help the team and inadvertently Tan.

For me, you actively choosing to attend is showing support for the team in a fairly straightforward way (attending and sitting in the home section of the ground). This benefits the team and club owned by Vincent Tan. If you don't think it is then ask yourself if the team would prefer to run out in front of a crowd or an empty stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Does every thread involving TLG have to go this way?

He questions the intellect of his foe and then seems to question what people do with their spare time while dedicating a lot of his own to playing with spiders.

I find it all a bit bizarre.
    TLG is a nice guy but he's very unstable emotionally

I think its a lack of sex

What I would ask TLG is this. Do you not feel that you attending, whether you pay for the ticket or not, helps Tan owned City?
    In my opinion a full seat where there would have been an empty one, regardless of if you paid for it or not, helps the team and in a roundabout way helps Tan with him being the owner.

I'd honestly like to know how you attending but not paying for a ticket does not help the team and inadvertently Tan.

For me, you actively choosing to attend is showing support for the team in a fairly straightforward way (attending and sitting in the home section of the ground). This benefits the team and club owned by Vincent Tan. If you don't think it is then ask yourself if the team would prefer to run out in front of a crowd or an empty stadium.
    TLG is a moaner

He moaned about warnock then went quiet when we got us promoted

He moaned about Harris then went quiet when we went on that winning run

He is mr angry of South wales

But he's OK, he's a good laugh unless he's off on one

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    TLG is a moaner

He moaned about warnock then went quiet when we got us promoted

He moaned about Harris then went quiet when we went on that winning run

He is mr angry of South wales

But he's OK, he's a good laugh unless he's off on one
    I can believe it. Many are different in real life in relation to on here.

I can't understand how TLG not paying for a ticket but still attending isn't supporting City owned Tan though?

Does a kid who has his dad pay for his season ticket not support (and in a way help) the club?
    Does a foreign fan buying a membership benefit the club more than somebody who is there in person boosting the numbers in the home end?

It is all support no matter which way you twist it.

Would I turn up to watch something I had actively said I disagree with and would never support? I don't think I would.

I can believe it. Many are different in real life in relation to on here.

I can't understand how TLG not paying for a ticket but still attending isn't supporting City owned Tan though?

Does a kid who has his dad pay for his season ticket not support (and in a way help) the club?
    Does a foreign fan buying a membership benefit the club more than somebody who is there in person boosting the numbers in the home end?

It is all support no matter which way you twist it.

Would I turn up to watch something I had actively said I disagree with and would never support? I don't think I would.
    TLG is now a occasional fan in terms of visits to the ground , I have no idea if he follows city away

He says cardiff city do not dominate his life like it did as he was a home and away fan for many years and I can back him on that as he was on the same bus as me talking endless boring nonsense about goth and punk music , it was a real trial

It got worse when he actually started running coaches as he then had control of the sound system

Those are moments in my life I will never get back

Anyone calling themselves a football lad. Even worse if your over 50.

I question the intellect of my foe in this particular case because I know him well on a personal level and he's as thick as shit.

I don't dedicate a lot of my spare time to playing with spiders. That would be dangerous. As a rule, they're not creatures that should be played with. I don't dedicate a lot of my spare time to looking after them, either. One of the things I like most about tarantulas is the fact that they are so low-maintenance.

He wouldn't go until Tan had gone but changed that to he will go if he gets free tickets from his numerous amount of friends. I've never known a bloke with no interest in something get offered so many tickets for it.
    I never, ever said I wouldn't go to matches until Tan had gone.

You say you've never known a bloke with no interest in something get offered so many tickets for it. Firstly, I've never said I have no interest in Cardiff City. Secondly, do you actually know me? Or do you only know me via this message board?

It's not a case of me now saying that I won't give another penny to City under Tan. That's something I've said all along.

Does me attending occasional games help Tan-owned City? I'm not sure to be honest. The tickets have already been paid for and will be counted whether I attend or not, so my attendance makes no difference in financial terms. However, as time has passed I have found myself getting behind the team a little more during my visits, although my vocal support is nothing like it used to be.

The true answer to that question is I don't know, but the fact is I don't care either. Indeed, I'm long past caring.

I don't think I would, either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's not a case of me now saying that I won't give another penny to City under Tan. That's something I've said all along.

Does me attending occasional games help Tan-owned City? I'm not sure to be honest. The tickets have already been paid for and will be counted whether I attend or not, so my attendance makes no difference in financial terms. However, as time has passed I have found myself getting behind the team a little more during my visits, although my vocal support is nothing like it used to be.

The true answer to that question is I don't know, but the fact is I don't care either. Indeed, I'm long past caring.
    I understand your position and your antipathy to Tan (and I boycotted myself until blue returned) but, for me, it's a curious concept of withholding money from Tan when he is making a huge loss in subsiding the club - but I suppose one could think that his losing more money per month may prompt him selling. And although I can't ever bring myself to say anything good about him (despite his profligacy in keeping the club afloat), his current, anonymous support may be better than what follows. Football is a curious business whereby we consider clubs to be "ours" while their continued existence is usually courtesy of wealthy individuals who do not usually have the same long-standing affinities of those who are the paying customers.
    The German model is far better, of course.....

Why do people care so much about TLG's attendance or non attendance of City games? You'd think he was the owner of the club with the amount of times people try to aHA him with his position on Tan and whether he supports Cardiff or not.

I've never met the guy but it's pretty obvious just from being on here that the case was he was an avid fan, was strongly opposed to the rebrand so stopped going, now with time and going back to blue those feelings have softened and he retains an interest and occasionally goes to games to have a good time with his mates but some of the original passion has gone and Saturday doesn't automatically equals City anymore.

We've got tons of fans in the same boat, hundreds probably if not more. It was me for a while but I've gotten back into it and love it as much as I ever did, loads haven't, it's not a scandal or a gotcha to point that out

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I understand your position and your antipathy to Tan (and I boycotted myself until blue returned) but, for me, it's a curious concept of withholding money from Tan when he is making a huge loss in subsiding the club - but I suppose one could think that his losing more money per month may prompt him selling.
    It was originally a point of principle as far as I was concerned. In my blog post of 17/08/2012, I wrote: "Of course, the Bluebirds hierarchy are under no obligation to consult with the fanbase on any issue. By the same token, the supporters are under no obligation to endorse the way in which the current regime is conducting its business. No doubt the vast majority of fans will carry on supporting the club regardless of recent events, but for some of us there is a principle at stake here. Cardiff City’s Malaysian owners have clearly demonstrated they are content to ignore the supporters and trample on the club’s traditions. Consequently, they will not be getting another penny from me."

However, while the position is still technically a point of principle, the truth of the matter is that I simply haven't had the desire to buy a ticket at any stage since the rebrand was reversed and my personal boycott effectively ended in January 2015. I get offered spare tickets on a regular basis on account of the fact that I have plenty of friends who are season ticket holders. If I have nothing else on my agenda, I take those tickets as I still love football, still enjoy watching the games, still enjoy the days out and very much enjoy catching up with everyone. But I also regularly turn down the offer of tickets as I'm either busy doing other things or I just don't fancy it for whatever reason.

If I genuinely felt inclined to buy a ticket I'd bite the bullet and do so, but so far I haven't felt that way. The occasional games have been enough.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I've never met the guy but it's pretty obvious just from being on here that the case was he was an avid fan, was strongly opposed to the rebrand so stopped going, now with time and going back to blue those feelings have softened and he retains an interest and occasionally goes to games to have a good time with his mates but some of the original passion has gone and Saturday doesn't automatically equals City anymore.
    That's a pretty good and fair summation. Generally, during the last three and a bit seasons, if I've been offered a ticket for a weekend game, I've gone along provided I haven't been away or had a gig scheduled. While weekends don't automatically equate to City anymore, I do enjoy the days out. However, apart from the game against Reading on a Friday night last season, I haven't yet been to a midweek match despite being offered tickets for plenty of them. I used to love games under the floodlights, but they don't appeal much at all these days.

That's a pretty good and fair summation. Generally, during the last three and a bit seasons, if I've been offered a ticket for a weekend game, I've gone along provided I haven't been away or had a gig scheduled. While weekends don't automatically equate to City anymore, I do enjoy the days out. However, apart from the game against Reading on a Friday night last season, I haven't yet been to a midweek match despite being offered tickets for plenty of them. I used to love games under the floodlights, but they don't appeal much at all these days.
    I've seen loads of people on here realise that it's quite freeing to have a Saturday where you're not automatically going to the football. Like I said it, it was me for a while but I'm properly back into it now. I used to just love going to the football but now it's more about the day with my mates, with football a part of it. I went on my own for a whole season one year because the two friends I used to go with moved away, I don't know if I'd do that now if I'm honest.

It was originally a point of principle as far as I was concerned. In my blog post of 17/08/2012, I wrote: "Of course, the Bluebirds hierarchy are under no obligation to consult with the fanbase on any issue. By the same token, the supporters are under no obligation to endorse the way in which the current regime is conducting its business. No doubt the vast majority of fans will carry on supporting the club regardless of recent events, but for some of us there is a principle at stake here. Cardiff City’s Malaysian owners have clearly demonstrated they are content to ignore the supporters and trample on the club’s traditions. Consequently, they will not be getting another penny from me."

However, while the position is still technically a point of principle, the truth of the matter is that I simply haven't had the desire to buy a ticket at any stage since the rebrand was reversed and my personal boycott effectively ended in January 2015. I get offered spare tickets on a regular basis on account of the fact that I have plenty of friends who are season ticket holders. If I have nothing else on my agenda, I take those tickets as I still love football, still enjoy watching the games, still enjoy the days out and very much enjoy catching up with everyone. But I also regularly turn down the offer of tickets as I'm either busy doing other things or I just don't fancy it for whatever reason.

If I genuinely felt inclined to buy a ticket I'd bite the bullet and do so, but so far I haven't felt that way. The occasional games have been enough.
    Well I understand those reasons, of course. My interest has returned but I didn't fly as near to the sun as you.

I can understand the boycott when the club changed to red. I was more a fan who reluctantly stayed on board rather than one who was in any way happy with it. There were varying reactions to it even in the group that I go with. Success always tempers the level of reaction to an extent.

You say though that he trampled on the club's traditions and this was your main reason for boycotting or saying that you would give no more money to the club. We can all agree that he did care little for tradition when he changed the kit colour. I would ask though, if we had stayed blue and changed the badge to the one we have now with the small dragon (bypassing the red fiasco) would you still be on board?

He has apologised, admitted he got it wrong and gone full circle save for the small dragon on the badge. Sam Hammam changed larger portions of the badge prior to Tan for example.
    Or is it more a case of a man that is capable of ignoring the wish of the fans once is capable of it again for you?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I've seen loads of people on here realise that it's quite freeing to have a Saturday where you're not automatically going to the football. Like I said it, it was me for a while but I'm properly back into it now. I used to just love going to the football but now it's more about the day with my mates, with football a part of it. I went on my own for a whole season one year because the two friends I used to go with moved away, I don't know if I'd do that now if I'm honest.
    I've noticed the attitude towards the club and football in general has shifted for a lot of City fans in recent years. A good number of friends who very rarely, if ever used to miss home games are now happy to miss matches in order to do other stuff or now go on holiday during the season when they never did that before.

I believe there are two reasons for that. Firstly, the rebrand altered the way a lot of people view the experience of supporting City. I'm obviously an extreme example of that, but I firmly believe it brought about a wide attitude shift within the club's fanbase. Secondly, the experiences of the two Premier League seasons seem to have taken away some of enthusiasm about getting there - a sort of been there, done that, it wasn't so great, not that bothered if we get back there type of scenario (if that makes sense).

I can understand the boycott when the club changed to red. I was more a fan who reluctantly stayed on board rather than one who was in any way happy with it. There were varying reactions to it even in the group that I go with. Success always tempers the level of reaction to an extent.

You say though that he trampled on the club's traditions and this was your main reason for boycotting or saying that you would give no more money to the club. We can all agree that he did care little for tradition when he changed the kit colour. I would ask though, if we had stayed blue and changed the badge to the one we have now with the small dragon (bypassing the red fiasco) would you still be on board?
    I said at the time that if a sizeable percentage of the fanbase had voiced genuine opposition to the changes, then I almost certainly would have been there supporting the team regardless of what colours they were playing in. Under those circumstances, I would have tried to use what little influence I had to bring about changes from the inside, as it were. However, I simply couldn't stomach the attitude of a large majority of the supporters. That, to me, was far more damaging than what the man from Malaysia was doing.

As far as I'm aware, Tan has never apologised for the rebrand or admitted that he got it wrong, although I'm happy to be corrected on that if any quotes from him either apologising or admitting his errors can be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Well I understand those reasons, of course. My interest has returned but I didn't fly as near to the sun as you.
    I never lost an interest, but I did lose the love I had for the club. The spell was broken. My fire and passion deserted me.

I've noticed the attitude towards the club and football in general has shifted for a lot of City fans in recent years. A good number of friends who very rarely, if ever used to miss home games are now happy to miss matches in order to do other stuff or now go on holiday during the season when they never did that before.

I believe there are two reasons for that. Firstly, the rebrand altered the way a lot of people view the experience of supporting City. I'm obviously an extreme example of that, but I firmly believe it brought about a wide attitude shift within the club's fanbase. Secondly, the experiences of the two Premier League seasons seem to have taken away some of enthusiasm about getting there - a sort of been there, done that, it wasn't so great, not that bothered if we get back there type of scenario (if that makes sense).
    For me that hits the nail on the head . I have been wondering why it doesn't destroy my weekend when we lose these days .
    I have no interest in us getting back into the greedy league . I am old school and used to believe there was a chance for the underdog . There isnt in the greedy league unless you spend enough money . I enjoy the championship , my ambition for Cardiff is now curtailed so losing doesn't kill me .
    Although I rarely miss a home game , I would have checked the fixtures before agreeing to anything on a Saturday . That is no longer the case .
    The draw of the social event has almost come to equal the game itself .

I said at the time that if a sizeable percentage of the fanbase had voiced genuine opposition to the changes, then I almost certainly would have been there supporting the team regardless of what colours they were playing in. Under those circumstances, I would have tried to use what little influence I had to bring about changes from the inside, as it were. However, I simply couldn't stomach the attitude of a large majority of the supporters. That, to me, was far more damaging than what the man from Malaysia was doing.

As far as I'm aware, Tan has never apologised for the rebrand or admitted that he got it wrong, although I'm happy to be corrected on that if any quotes from him either apologising or admitting his errors can be found.
    There was this TBF.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    There was this TBF.
    Fair enough. I missed that. That definitely counts as an admission of his mistake, but I wouldn't regard it as an apology. To be honest though, I don't think an apology would make any difference to anyone at this stage (or even at that stage). What was said and done in 2012/13/14 completely altered the way some of us regard both the club and football in general. I'm obviously an extreme case of that, although I know a number of people who were previously season ticket holders and avid supporters, but have never been back since 2012.