+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Cringeworthy City Moment

Re: A Cringeworthy City Moment

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    There was this TBF.

I hadn't seen that, it's nice to see. We didn't do any of those things he hoped we'd do though, like, at all

In the same way TLG has a problem with tan , I have a problem with TLG

About 6 years ago he texted me to say go and grab a Chinese and pop round the flat ! Its not a flat its more like a grotty student bedsit .

Anyway I go to the Chinese, pick up the takeaway

Go to his flat , ring the bell

He opens the door , takes the chinese off me

Shuts the door

Its all gone sour since then

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    In the same way TLG has a problem with tan , I have a problem with TLG

About 6 years ago he texted me to say go and grab a Chinese and pop round the flat ! Its not a flat its more like a grotty student bedsit .

Anyway I go to the Chinese, pick up the takeaway

Go to his flat , ring the bell

He opens the door , takes the chinese off me

Shuts the door

Its all gone sour since then
    Not sweet and sour then.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Not sweet and sour then.
    I think it was kung po chicken

Dreadful stuff

Dreadful stuff
    Did he pay for it

Is that all you take away?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Did he pay for it
    No , the ****

The football itself is 90 minutes in the middle of a good day out. I really have missed the whole package, the meeting with mates beforehand, the ‘one more pint and we’ll get a taxi’ or the ‘come on, hurry up, we’ll miss the football bus’. Seeing the people who sit by us, all seater stadia has given it a bit of a communal, matey feel, you get to know the folk around you in a non football way, if you get my drift. The few pints after the game, having a moan, even if we’ve won. Staying out a bit later than anticipated, I love it.
    Away games, even earlier start, the banter on the bus, the ‘stop’ at the arranged dinner time, or usually earlier, pub. Being in that pub in a unique situation inasmuch as, due to it being so early, you know everyone in there, they’ve just travelled a few hours with you and have done every other week. The slightly merry last leg of the journey to the ground and on getting in seeing all the usual suspects under the stands boringly singing anti Swansea songs when we’re about to take on Nottingham Forest Good excuse for another moan and a few shouts of ‘Shut up ya knobs, forget Swansea, support The City’. Game over, back on the bus, slagging out the front seat DJ but still singing along to his choices. Saying the ‘Tara’s’ from Newport onto Cardiff, ‘Pint in town?’, ‘Aye, go on’. Staying out a bit later than anticipated, I love it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The football itself is 90 minutes in the middle of a good day out. I really have missed the whole package, the meeting with mates beforehand, the ‘one more pint and we’ll get a taxi’ or the ‘come on, hurry up, we’ll miss the football bus’. Seeing the people who sit by us, all seater stadia has given it a bit of a communal, matey feel, you get to know the folk around you in a non football way, if you get my drift. The few pints after the game, having a moan, even if we’ve won. Staying out a bit later than anticipated, I love it.
    Away games, even earlier start, the banter on the bus, the ‘stop’ at the arranged dinner time, or usually earlier, pub. Being in that pub in a unique situation inasmuch as, due to it being so early, you know everyone in there, they’ve just travelled a few hours with you and have done every other week. The slightly merry last leg of the journey to the ground and on getting in seeing all the usual suspects under the stands boringly singing anti Swansea songs when we’re about to take on Nottingham Forest Good excuse for another moan and a few shouts of ‘Shut up ya knobs, forget Swansea, support The City’. Game over, back on the bus, slagging out the front seat DJ but still singing along to his choices. Saying the ‘Tara’s’ from Newport onto Cardiff, ‘Pint in town?’, ‘Aye, go on’. Staying out a bit later than anticipated, I love it!!!!
    It is a fecking long day following city away

up at 7 , bus at 8

Back home at ten

Its a young man's game

It is a fecking long day following city away

up at 7 , bus at 8

Back home at ten

Its a young man's game
    You’re right Sludge, I’m 65 now, 10/15 more years and I’m out mate

When we were in the old fourth I would think nothing of trips to Scarborough, Halifax , Darlington , Bury , Rochdale , Lincoln etc

Now ? Not a chance

When we were in the old fourth I would think nothing of trips to Scarborough, Halifax , Darlington , Bury , Rochdale , Lincoln etc

Now ? Not a chance
    I’m not chucking the towel, I love it, you’re a long time looking at that lid, I’m desperate for life to return to normal. Football, weekends away, holidays the lot, life is for living.

Fcuk me this is how our age group remember it(if you are lucky) some of the best times of my life,be sides the Mrs kids.But they were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I never lost an interest, but I did lose the love I had for the club. The spell was broken. My fire and passion deserted me.
    I understand your perspective. After the re-brand I am happy to support a blue Cardiff City regardless of how many divisions they descend to. Identity matters more than success

When I was reading your earlier post, about why you enjoy following the City, I just assumed you'd be in your 40's or thereabouts. Well done to you for keeping the 'fire burning'!
    Not for you sitting in front of a fire wrapped up inside of a 'Big slipper', eh! (older members will probably remember this always advertised in the News Of The World)!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    When I was reading your earlier post, about why you enjoy following the City, I just assumed you'd be in your 40's or thereabouts. Well done to you for keeping the 'fire burning'!
    Not for you sitting in front of a fire wrapped up inside of a 'Big slipper', eh! (older members will probably remember this always advertised in the News Of The World)!
    He's a young 65, a bloody good builder and a top bloke
    Spent many a good time in SPs company
    An away day always involved one last pint🍺

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    He's a young 65, a bloody good builder and a top bloke
    Spent many a good time in SPs company
    An away day always involved one last pint��
    Thanks Ian, hope your lot are keeping well, I’m just having a turn out before leaving for a lovely Saturday laying a patio. Looking forward to things getting back to normal and we can all get together again. Up The City

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I do write in my 40s, act as though I’m in my 20s, it’s just that bleeding birth certificate that’s telling the truth

Thanks Ian, hope your lot are keeping well, I’m just having a turn out before leaving for a lovely Saturday LAYING A PATIO Looking forward to things getting back to normal and we can all get together again. Up The City

Hope you got a bloody big umbrella

No , the ****
    ...no tip

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ...no tip
    No fair

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Hope you got a bloody big umbrella
    Got a few slabs down early, it’s amazing how they find their own level in this weather

Ninian Park being called “The Old Lady”

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    and I thought Aaron Ramsey signed for Juventus out of sentimentality!

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Well put ,never heard that before the other board