+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Christian Doidge

Christian Doidge

Scores winner as Hibs maintain their 100% start. Weren’t we interested in him a season or two back? He may be in with a call up to the international squad if he keeps this up.

Re: Christian Doidge

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Scores winner as Hibs maintain their 100% start. Weren’t we interested in him a season or two back? He may be in with a call up to the international squad if he keeps this up.
    I think we were interested but the level he is playing at is division 1 at best

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I think we were interested but the level he is playing at is division 1 at best
    Is 'division 1' the Premier League or League 1?

It is hard to make comparisons between the SPL and the EPL/EFL but Celtic, Rangers and Hibs are certainly not League 1. The Old Firm would be competing at the top of the Championship and would have every chance of becoming established Premier League clubs if the got promoted.

That said, no one on here would have any interest in Christian Doidge if he wasn't Welsh.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

It is hard to make comparisons between the SPL and the EPL/EFL but Celtic, Rangers and Hibs are certainly not League 1. The Old Firm would be competing at the top of the Championship and would have every chance of becoming established Premier League clubs if the got promoted.

That said, no one on here would have any interest in Christian Doidge if he wasn't Welsh.
    I'd say Celtic are comfortably lower end of the Premiership

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'd say Celtic are comfortably lower end of the Premiership
    But if they, or Rangers for that matter, were ever allowed into the English system they’d very soon be challenging at the top end of the Premier League, the interest, the backing, the crowds, the sponsorship etc would be phenomenal. They are huge clubs and would only grow bigger down south.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

My comments were in relation to the player. Would we be interested because he scores against the likes of Ross County, Hamilton, Livingstone etc..?

Some interesting comments here.

I would love a team of xi Welshmen but agree that, were he not Welsh (Cardiff?) he might not be on our radar. The SPL is no great shakes, though the goals are the same size. Reckon it’s worth a look.

Now Leigh Griffiths.....there is a shout that could be worth a punt at this level.

As Capital of Wales, we should be interested in all Welsh qualified players! Perhaps we would be an established Premier League team if we had more players from the Welsh International Squad rather than the journeymen players we pick from anywhere! Brooks was only 10m, Ampadu 1m, Harry Wilson was available on loan but went to Derby. Right backs Gunter and Freeman are available at present, so are Bale and Ramsey!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    As Capital of Wales, we should be interested in all Welsh qualified players! Perhaps we would be an established Premier League team if we had more players from the Welsh International Squad rather than the journeymen players we pick from anywhere! Brooks was only 10m, Ampadu 1m, Harry Wilson was available on loan but went to Derby. Right backs Gunter and Freeman are available at present, so are Bale and Ramsey!
    Brooks went to an (at the time) established Premier League club so that's hardly a fair comparison, I'd have loved to have Ampadu here (still would) and you make a fair point about Wilson but at the time he wasn't the player he is now, he really pushed on there

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I have said on this forum that given our situation at right back,we could do far worse than bring Gunter in on a free transfer