Re: Kieffer on his way

Pretty happy with this, hope we invest in other areas too though

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Pretty happy with this, hope we invest in other areas too though
    We're spending 15m on Harry Wilson so money will be tight from now on

Decent player and we’re getting him for decent money

Feel a hell of a lot better about this signing than I ever did for Gary Madine or Isaac Vassell

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We're spending 15m on Harry Wilson so money will be tight from now on
    If Harry Wilson signs for us permanently I'll personally clean the entire outside of the stadium with a sponge before the first game we're allowed back at

While that comment from the wurzels was understandable in a way, we're reportedly Moore from Wigan - a team which played football in a manner far removed from Warnockball, so Moore is not just a one dimensional player.

No doubt, we'll play it long to Moore at times if he does sign for us, but he has good feet for a big man and is clearly adaptable enough to cope with other ways of playing.

For the price we're apparently paying, this has to be good business, but I hope supporters don't start expecting twenty goals from him next season.

He's promised us 30 goals a season if we add in Bale and Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If Harry Wilson signs for us permanently I'll personally clean the entire outside of the stadium with a sponge before the first game we're allowed back at
    Was a joke referring to this thread (which is a joke in itself). I'll join you on the cleaning project, we'll need to sack the cleaners to pay for it.
    https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...9-Harry-Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    While that comment from the wurzels was understandable in a way, we're reportedly Moore from Wigan - a team which played football in a manner far removed from Warnockball, so Moore is not just a one dimensional player.

No doubt, we'll play it long to Moore at times if he does sign for us, but he has good feet for a big man and is clearly adaptable enough to cope with other ways of playing.

For the price we're apparently paying, this has to be good business, but I hope supporters don't start expecting twenty goals from him next season.
    Wigan and Wales play good (or at least better) football than we do. We might play better football as it could stick with him and we can actually play off him. Provided we play the ball into him, he is more likely to come down with the ball and we might be able to play. It bounces off Glatzel and Paterson.

Was a joke referring to this thread (which is a joke in itself). I'll join you on the cleaning project, we'll need to sack the cleaners to pay for it.
    https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...9-Harry-Wilson
    I know, I made my comment fully aware of that thread but it'd be good to get some help thanks mate

Has a brilliant chant already as well

If he's half as good as the previous Moore (Graham sold to Chelsea and then Manchester Utd) I will be very happy. If he replicates his form playing for Wakes he will be a good signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    If he's half as good as the previous Moore (Graham sold to Chelsea and then Manchester Utd) I will be very happy. If he replicates his form playing for Wakes he will be a good signing.

No ones allowed wakes at the moment

This is an interesting piece in TeesideLive about the EFL transfer market post lockdown, the competition for Kieffer Moore's signature and the attitude to his wage demands, and the need for clubs to reduce costs - especially wage costs:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/...build-18755237

The focus is on Middlesborough - but the examples are across the leagues.

Clubs have no money. And the players - and their agents - suddenly have to face that stark truth.

The traditional clubs' recruitment tool of sticking another bundle of fifties on the table is no longer an option.

And the practice of agreeing a deal then inviting other suitors to top it has been badly dented too.

Players are starting to feel the squeeze. Suddenly it is a buyers market. And the buyers are skint.

Take Kieffer Moore. Four clubs were reported to have had bids accepted by Wigan's administrators but that didn't spark the usual wages arms race. Far from it. It has underlined the new reality.

Cardiff - said to be in pole position last week - are assessing how they go about transfer business and were not sure the sums add up. Stoke were sure they didn't and after hearing his ball-park demands, they walked away.

Boro were interested - he was 'on the list but not a the top of it' - and think they can get more bang for their buck elsewhere so were in no rush.

Cardiff are said to be back in the box seat now and looking to resume talks. But on their terms not his.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    This is an interesting piece in TeesideLive about the EFL transfer market post lockdown, the competition for Kieffer Moore's signature and the attitude to his wage demands, and the need for clubs to reduce costs - especially wage costs:

Clubs have no money. And the players - and their agents - suddenly have to face that stark truth.

The traditional clubs' recruitment tool of sticking another bundle of fifties on the table is no longer an option.

And the practice of agreeing a deal then inviting other suitors to top it has been badly dented too.

Players are starting to feel the squeeze. Suddenly it is a buyers market. And the buyers are skint.

Take Kieffer Moore. Four clubs were reported to have had bids accepted by Wigan's administrators but that didn't spark the usual wages arms race. Far from it. It has underlined the new reality.

Cardiff - said to be in pole position last week - are assessing how they go about transfer business and were not sure the sums add up. Stoke were sure they didn't and after hearing his ball-park demands, they walked away.

Boro were interested - he was 'on the list but not a the top of it' - and think they can get more bang for their buck elsewhere so were in no rush.

Cardiff are said to be back in the box seat now and looking to resume talks. But on their terms not his.
    Football talk for "feck, we've missed out on our main target"

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Bloody capitalism

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    No ones allowed wakes at the moment
    We should have had a wake for some of our previous signings.

We should have had a wake for some of our previous signings.
    Wont find a room big enough

I think for the money it's a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Most of the recent news reports are saying the fee is under £2m (apparently we bid £2.5m in January) with the local QPR online rag quoting £1.85m.

Ronnie was also a previous Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ronnie was also a previous Moore.

And Beriah Moore. And Graham Moore, Paddy Moore and Bill Moore.A long time ago though.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I agree and wonder if we will see transfer amounts reduce over the next 12 months.
    At present clubs just cannot go around throwing millions

He has to be better than Madine, Ward and Bogle.