+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kieffer on his way

Re: Kieffer on his way

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    He has to be better than Madine, Ward and Bogle.
    harsh to dump Ward in there

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yes.i think he is a tidy striker when playing alongside a recognised target man.
    We play a lone striker and it never suited him

Can he play in a 4-4-2 with Glatzel?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Yes.i think he is a tidy striker when playing alongside a recognised target man.
    We play a lone striker and it never suited him
    yeah I actually think he'd do well in a 2 up front with Moore but I guess we'll never know

Good signing if we get it over the line, he is very mobile and athletic for a big guy and with a decent touch.

Can play long and short into him, will be a good focal point and have the potetial to play Glatzel, Tomlin, et al off him.

if we could get another attacking midfielder, maybe a pacey striker in as well, it would give us some good options next season.

I don't see him scoring bag fulls of goals but I think he'll be key for linking up play and bringing wingers and midfield into good positions in attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    Good signing if we get it over the line, he is very mobile and athletic for a big guy and with a decent touch.

Can play long and short into him, will be a good focal point and have the potetial to play Glatzel, Tomlin, et al off him.

if we could get another attacking midfielder, maybe a pacey striker in as well, it would give us some good options next season.

I don't see him scoring bag fulls of goals but I think he'll be key for linking up play and bringing wingers and midfield into good positions in attack.

Pretty much how I see it as well.
    I think he would get more than anyone in our team did this season but also get more from him with his back to goal.

Bale, Ramsey, Wilson, Ampadu, Brooks and Allen still available!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Mad how the entire Welsh attack is for sale this summer

I was getting annoyed with him holding out for more money , but he seems to be signing now.
    Striker at Cardiff City is a dangerous job because it's a notoriously difficult one to suceed at. Who knows ?
    Part of me is fearing another Gary Madine type saga, but let's hope this is the one , and it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    He has to be better than Madine, Ward and Bogle.
    We seem to have a poor record for strikers since Tan bought the club....

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Shame we can’t afford Allen, that would completely do the jacks heads in

Call me suspicious but isnt the deadline for season ticket renewals in 2 days time ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I was getting annoyed with him holding out for more money , but he seems to be signing now.
    Striker at Cardiff City is a dangerous job because it's a notoriously difficult one to suceed at. Who knows ?
    Part of me is fearing another Gary Madine type saga, but let's hope this is the one , and it may be.
    Plus he's £4m cheaper than Madine so it's a no-brainer really.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We seem to have a poor record for strikers since Tan bought the club....
    Blame our Managers for choosing the Strikers not Tan! The only one that Tan recommended Zohore fetched £8m into club, perhaps we should let him pick all our players!

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Plus he's £4m cheaper than Madine so it's a no-brainer really.
    True, but the bottoms fallen out of the market with all the Covid stuff. This one would have been £6M a year or two back I expect. Also there are very few available at the moment and so we must give it a try.
    To be honest Danny Ward is as good as most at this level and unfortunately our manner of play doesn't seem to be striker friendly, so let's hope we've eventually found one who can exploit half chances or even make some of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Blame our Managers for choosing the Strikers not Tan! The only one that Tan recommended Zohore fetched £8m into club, perhaps we should let him pick all our players!
    Yep. Bring back the guy who painted the railings.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    True, but the bottoms fallen out of the market with all the Covid stuff. This one would have been £6M a year or two back I expect. Also there are very few available at the moment and so we must give it a try.
    To be honest Danny Ward is as good as most at this level and unfortunately our manner of play doesn't seem to be striker friendly, so let's hope we've eventually found one who can exploit half chances or even make some of his own.
    The reason Moore is so cheap is Wigan have gone into administration due to their owner swindling them, but I do agree we will see smaller transfer fees overall in the Football League.

The big clubs don't show any signs of letting up though

Got a good feeling about this signing.
    I think he will go on to become a fans favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I do too

I've said it before, but I reckon if Moore signs, Glatzel could be on his way back to Germany. Hope not, as he could be a good sub, and certainly we need cover up front.

Check his goals on U tube, not just with his head but also good with his feet and hold up play. Wigan’s winger Lowe links up well with him, could replace Whyte?

I was very impressed with him when he played against us at CCS.
    Scored a lovely goal and led the line well.
    I have a good feeling about him.

Never been impressed.....I suppose if the price is 1.5/2m it might be worth a punt...but he and Glatzel are never going to play together and each are too good to play backup..so Glatzel to leave?? Comparisons with the 'other' Moore, Graham from 1959/60 might be apt...I always thought he was a c art horse and he nevr exactly set the world on fire when he went to Chelsea.

Underwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    hopefully they unveil him in new shirt..