+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: unbearably hot today

unbearably hot today

I can only speak for myself but the heat is so oppressive today . No wind to break it up. Hopefully tonights predicted thunderstorms do the business .

20 , 21 is great , cool nights

I thought I was in a Turkish prison yesterday ff sake

Re: unbearably hot today

It was unbearably hot in Sheffield yesterday.

Last night we had a sound and light show around 2.00 am - a hour of thunder, sheet lightning (fantastic sight) and 2 inches of rain.

It is unbearably hot in Sheffield today. The storm last night made no difference!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I can only speak for myself but the heat is so oppressive today . No wind to break it up. Hopefully tonights predicted thunderstorms do the business .

ten past five and 33 degrees presently in Cardiff according to Met Office. With the walls, patio stones etc around me probably add another 3/4 degrees [shade]. !!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It was unbearably hot in Sheffield yesterday.

Last night we had a sound and light show around 2.00 am - a hour of thunder, sheet lightning (fantastic sight) and 2 inches of rain.

It is unbearably hot in Sheffield today. The storm last night made no difference!
    When I lived in Bradford the summers were oppressive, the winters harsh

33 here at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    ten past five and 33 degrees presently in Cardiff according to Met Office. With the walls, patio stones etc around me probably add another 3/4 degrees [shade]. !!
    I have 33 on my reading and I am 15 miles from cardiff, it must be a nightmare in the city

Hard going in work today and terrible traffic on the way home, looked like a bad smash on the Eastern Avenue. Did a detour and took a while to get home but that’s trivial compared to the poor buggers involved in the accident, hope it turns out ok.

Just looked over to the east - huge cumulonimbus clouds banking up to around 20,000ft. The rains are coming !!!!!!

Just looked over to the east - huge cumulonimbus clouds banking up to around 20,000ft. The rains are coming !!!!!!
    That’s easy for you to say

Was equally as hot in Bristol this afternoon. I was over there for an hour or so.

Fine if you don't mind the heat and you don't have to exert yourself too much. Nightmare if you have to work or have to move around a lot.

Looking at a lightning tracker we seem to be missing out again. 100's of lightning strikes around Bristol tracking north through Monmouth Hereford to Shrewsbury and Birmingham.
    Gutted.

Been 40-42 here in the Dordogne the past week. Thankfully a thunderstorm and some rain tonight and next few days and down to a pleasant 28-30 next few days. Garden is parched....grass all died....

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Looking at a lightning tracker we seem to be missing out again. 100's of lightning strikes around Bristol tracking north through Monmouth Hereford to Shrewsbury and Birmingham.
    Gutted.
    Armageddon to the west and east of us just now here in the Midlands. My daughter reckoned it was 34.5c according to her car thermometer. At least the rain has knocked 4c off our bedroom temperature. It was a sweltering 29.5c. Highest I've ever seen it in UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Been 40-42 here in the Dordogne the past week.
    My cousin, Trish, lives in the Dordogne.
    Please ask her to phone me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Gutted.
    moving southwards ..

my testicular area is taking a bashing

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Been 40-42 here in the Dordogne the past week. Thankfully a thunderstorm and some rain tonight and next few days and down to a pleasant 28-30 next few days. Garden is parched....grass all died....
    how the feck do you sleep ??

[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    my testicular area is taking a bashing
    That’s nuts!

I went to the office today just because of the air con. Its quite an ordeal as to avoid the underground i walk from Liverpool st in east London, across the city to the west end, lugging my laptop etc with
    me. So I took a change of clothes and when i arrived, sweaty, at the office i showered and changed and was feeling very pleased with myself, sat in a positively chilly, pretty empty office. And then at about midday, some absolute idiot thought it time for a fire drill. Social distancing forgotten, we were herded into the (very warm) fire escapes and out into the sunshine. Couldnt get food or drink as had no mask so couldnt go to shops, and within minutes we were all sweaty and fed up. Social distancing enforced when the office reopened after about 25 mins so there was a massive queue as they drip fed hundreds of us back in, 2 at a time in the lifts (or walk say 8 flights of stairs in the steaming hot fire escape staircase). By the time i got back to my desk my change of clothes was soaked through with sweat. Absolute misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I went to the office today just because of the air con. Its quite an ordeal as to avoid the underground i walk from Liverpool st in east London, across the city to the west end, lugging my laptop etc with
    me. So I took a change of clothes and when i arrived, sweaty, at the office i showered and changed and was feeling very pleased with myself, sat in a positively chilly, pretty empty office. And then at about midday, some absolute idiot thought it time for a fire drill. Social distancing forgotten, we were herded into the (very warm) fire escapes and out into the sunshine. Couldnt get food or drink as had no mask so couldnt go to shops, and within minutes we were all sweaty and fed up. Social distancing enforced when the office reopened after about 25 mins so there was a massive queue as they drip fed hundreds of us back in, 2 at a time in the lifts (or walk say 8 flights of stairs in the steaming hot fire escape staircase). By the time i got back to my desk my change of clothes was soaked through with sweat. Absolute misery.
    Hope you had the chance to grab a curled up panini at least?

we got thunder and lightning over North Cardiff I'm off down to the garden in me underpants, my mam used to pacify me by saying the thunder was only god moving his furniture

Perfect weather for me Sludgey. Love the heat. Hate
    the cold

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    we got thunder and lightning over North Cardiff I'm off down to the garden in me underpants, my mam used to pacify me by saying the thunder was only god moving his furniture
    Well he’s turning the lights on and off outside as well here.