+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A Level results tomorrow

A Level results tomorrow

My twin boys getting their results tomorrow
    Both Season Ticket Holders in the Canton

Fingers crossed

Re: A Level results tomorrow

I don't understand the big story the media makes of this every year. It's been going on every summer for decades, and the media still make a big fuss about it. I can understand binman's interest (good luck to the boys) - because I was interested as well, when my kids were expecting their results. But apart from the kids and their parents - who cares?

can't wait

At least in Wales real results (from AS) means that schools, students and parents have a backstop. This side of Offa's my local MP is Spiderman Williamson and with 24 hours to go the government have moved the goalposts so anyone who doesnt like their grade can have a "remark"....which means schools will have to decide students' futures based on what the schools can afford to pay for the appeal....or get the parents to pay. Take back control said Boris 😂

Good luck and best wishes to anyone getting a grade tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

Fingers crossed
    Hope all goes well 👍. My wife had a theory that those that had received unconditional university offers would have been given lower grades to enable the ones who needed higher grades to be given those grades. This would then allow the schools to buck the system. They've now decided that you'll get the grades you got at AS level (I believe) instead, but you can appeal. My daughter had an unconditional for primary education in Cardiff metropolitan, she can now still attend games ( if they're on😂)

Fingers crossed
    I was far more concerned about my son's results than I was for my own. Let's hope it went well.

Still waiting in this house. Ucas website is down and school have yet to email the pupils.
    Not good for the nerves.

My boys both got the grades they needed
    One is off to Liverpool to study Architecture (He got lot of As)
    The other to Cardiff Uni as he doesn't want to miss watching Cardiff City - he's been brought up properly!

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I don't understand the big story the media makes of this every year. It's been going on every summer for decades, and the media still make a big fuss about it. I can understand binman's interest (good luck to the boys) - because I was interested as well, when my kids were expecting their results. But apart from the kids and their parents - who cares?
    Its a chance to recycle a story from the last few years without a lot of effort.
    Newspapers hire less and less journalists per year and have th same amount of newspaper to fill so much of it is whatever#s easiest to get done.
    They can use the same "talking points" i.e. are exam getting easier etc that they were saying when I was doing A-levels more than 20 years ago, and they'll take the opportunity to print a photo of some attractive 18 year old girls getting their results

My boys both got the grades they needed
    One is off to Liverpool to study Architecture (He got lot of As)
    The other to Cardiff Uni as he doesn't want to miss watching Cardiff City - he's been brought up properly!
    tidy

Brilliant, well done to them 👍 My daughter will end up getting A B C after reverting to the new methods of using the AS grades, but was today given B C C which caused floods of tears as she was predicted A* B B had she sat the exams. She feels let down as the teachers who predicted the higher grades then dished out lower, which makes no sense 🤷*♂️