+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lineker

Re: Lineker

Send in the gun boats!

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...ke-back-calais

Tories everywhere, including Life on Mars, are desperate to divert attention away from the shambles that is the UK Government's Covid "policy" and the worst second quarter GDP figures in Europe;-

https://www.ft.com/content/c8b172e2-...1-423e9a4b6839

If in trouble, start blaming immigrants and Gary Lineker!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Send in the gun boats!

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...ke-back-calais

Tories everywhere, including Life on Mars, are desperate to divert attention away from the shambles that is the UK Government's Covid "policy" and the worst second quarter GDP figures in Europe;-

https://www.ft.com/content/c8b172e2-...1-423e9a4b6839

If in trouble, start blaming immigrants and Gary Lineker!
    I didn’t see the bit where immigrants and Lineker are being blamed for the predicted economical slump. Have you got a link that does?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I didn’t see the bit where immigrants and Lineker are being blamed for the predicted economical slump. Have you got a link that does?
    No, I don't have a link that states as a fact that the Conservatives are saying that it is a deliberate policy of theirs to make immigration an issue at a time when they are, yet again, U turning on the virus and we have announcements about dreadful financial figures - even this Government of none of the talents isn't that stupid! Still, we can all go and have a half price restaurant meal on Boris and he's told us we can go and watch the snooker this weekend now, so let's all get on with saving summer.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, I don't have a link that states as a fact that the Conservatives are saying that it is a deliberate policy of theirs to make immigration an issue at a time when they are, yet again, U turning on the virus and we have announcements about dreadful financial figures - even this Government of none of the talents isn't that stupid! Still, we can all go and have a half price restaurant meal on Boris and he's told us we can go and watch the snooker this weekend now, so let's all get on with saving summer.
    Do we not take an interest, or report on other matters whilst we are in the midst of the pandemic fallout?
    Someone better row out and intercept these migrant vessels, and warn them their heading toward hell on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The cost of free TV licences is around £750million. Lineker's wages are a drop in the ocean. In fact, I reckon if you got rid of every BBC employee earning over half a million you wouldn't get remotely close to £750m.

The social outrage comes from a government that decided it wants war with the BBC to please Murdoch. The Tories stopped funding the free TV licence and told the BBC they had to fund it. The BBC said no.

When you hear about the hundreds of millions wasted on PPE or the failed app, that money could have been used to fund free TV licences, yet you prefer to go on about Lineker?

Cretin.

I have family members working in the NHS and a brother who works in the NHS supply chain. The stories he tells me are shocking

As an example the Government gave a PPE contract to an organisation who had ZERO experience in providing PPE equipment. The organisation sells a single face visor to the NHS for 7 quid.. it costs around 40p to make. The NHS procurement depts have been overruled by the central government on who they can get some PPE from.. because central government wanted to 'streamline' procurement' processes to 'save money.

Oh yes, the organisation was founded by a Tory donor and before the PPE contract was valued at around 4 grand. .

This is nothing short of corruption and privatising the NHS through the backdoor.

Where is the outrage because that IS your money.

As for the BBC... they didn't make the decision to stop free licenses for the elderly, the government did. Additionally, while I do think people in all industries are overpaid, the BBC gets a hell of a lot of money from their international commercial business that funds people like Lineker.

Banned

Interestingly, I posted my observation that, whenever there is a proliferation of anti-immigration posts on Social Media it almost always seems to be linked to the Government struggling in other fields. That went to the Politics forum, but this thread is far more political. I'd say, though, it needs to stay here.

Whilst the government stealthily move people's eyes to something that is, frankly, small fry the obvious dot-to-dot drawings from the hard of thinking is that "I got to pay for all these illegal immigrants". The other, illogical, conclusion is that "we should be housing our homeless ex-servicemen, not these 'scumbags'" - as if somehow the two causes are clashing.

"These scumbags are bringing covid to our country, it's costing us a fortune" is another conclusion that people are coming to.

The last time I saw so many facebook posts on this topic was when Cummings was caught out. They may not be directly drawing the lines, but the conclusions are naturally being jumped to by an ill-informed public who (basically) read no further than the headlines "We are in recession" "Boatloads crossing the channel".

I had an amusing coversation on facebook recently where my uncle said "You wouldn't be happy if they bought the house next to you" to someone he disagreed with. I pointed out an illegal immgrant can't, actually, buy a house. Nor can they claim benefits. His daughter then weighed in calling me a "stirrer", I said I was merely adding some facts in the hope it would calm people down from their hysteria. She then sent me a screenshot of her phone with the headline "85 out of 95 migrants had covid" and said "This is interesting reading, don't you think?". I read the article and it was about a boat that landed in Malta, not the UK. I pointed this out, and her reply was "I didn't read the article, I haven't got time or energy, I'm working hard to pay for all the migrants". She works in a hospital in Merthyr Tydfil and took the decision to unfriend me (no loss) when I said "Give my regards to the Sri Lankan Doctors and Filipino nurses when you bump into those migrants".

As for Lineker, good for him. It's appalling that we are called virtue signallers for merely having an opinion. The Ashfield MP has obviously been shit scared of Farage and has decided to join the crowd. This country is more divided than it ever has been, over an issue that is really, really small. Farage is a tosser of the highest order, but he also has a lot of money behind him. He's Nick Griffin with intelligence and money, and he is rousing the crowd who have little idea that they are being played.

Banned

There must be a reason why asylum seekers and refugees are willing to put their lives at risk again, by trying to cross the channel in dinghies, after they’ve already reached the safety of mainland Europe?
    They are not obliged to stay in the first "safe" country.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    They are not obliged to stay in the first "safe" country.
    That’s not answered the question though. They have reached safety. They then put their lives at risk again to get to the UK. Why?

This is why I stopped readin political threads on here, how do people keep getting taking in by the obvious distractions. Do you not wonder why a handful of migrants is headline news?

And the same questions get asked and answered everytime, if you're really interested in why they come here google it. Thick *****.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    This is why I stopped readin political threads on here, how do people keep getting taking in by the obvious distractions. Do you not wonder why a handful of migrants is headline news?

And the same questions get asked and answered everytime, if you're really interested in why they come here google it. Thick *****.
    But you read this one. Thick *********

That’s not answered the question though. They have reached safety. They then put their lives at risk again to get to the UK. Why?
    I guess you'd have to ask them, but I suspect none are members of CCMB, so you're unlikely to get an answer here.

Here's a good article for you to ponder:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53699511

I found these facts interesting:

"This year, almost 4,000 people have crossed the English Channel, in more than 300 small boats.

"In 2019, some 677,000 people moved to the UK as long-term immigrants, for reasons such as work or study. There were also 49,000 asylum applications.

"As such, the 4,000 unauthorised Channel arrivals are equal to less than 1% of all immigrants last year.

"The number of asylum seekers arriving and applying to stay in other European nations is far, far higher than in the UK. Last year, some 165,600 sought asylum in Germany, 129,000 in France and 118,000 in Spain."

4,000 people. Think about that. To put that figure into a perspective we can all understand, Newport County had a crowd of 4,481 for their opening game of last season against Mansfield.

Immigration has never been a big problem for the UK it's used a distraction in the news or a means to push through an agenda to the thick and the ignorant.

https://fullfact.org/immigration/why...-want-come-uk/

Banned

Better job prospects (remember we left the EU because it was shit, so the asylum seekers are just making the same conclusion.

Banned

I think roughly half of all asylum applications are rejected once all the appeal processes have completed. Of course, we have to pay asylum seekers some form of benefit because they are prohibited from working.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I guess you'd have to ask them, but I suspect none are members of CCMB, so you're unlikely to get an answer here.

Here's a good article for you to ponder:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53699511

I found these facts interesting:

"This year, almost 4,000 people have crossed the English Channel, in more than 300 small boats.

"In 2019, some 677,000 people moved to the UK as long-term immigrants, for reasons such as work or study. There were also 49,000 asylum applications.

"As such, the 4,000 unauthorised Channel arrivals are equal to less than 1% of all immigrants last year.

"The number of asylum seekers arriving and applying to stay in other European nations is far, far higher than in the UK. Last year, some 165,600 sought asylum in Germany, 129,000 in France and 118,000 in Spain."

4,000 people. Think about that. To put that figure into a perspective we can all understand, Newport County had a crowd of 4,481 for their opening game of last season against Mansfield.
    FFS. Who’d have thought that 4,000 unauthorised immigrants would all be Newport County fans!!!
    That’s unreal 😁

FFS. Who’d have thought that 4,000 unauthorised immigrants would all be Newport County fans!!!
    That’s unreal ��
    Genuinely laughed out loud reading that

That’s unreal ��
    These people have known true hardship

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    These people have known true hardship
    Why do you think they are called The Exiles?

Maybe because they have relatives or friends in the UK, a higher diaspora of their own nationality in concentrated areas. That could be the reason why, after all, there aren't that many of them. If i was a young man fleeing poverty or oppression i'd quite likely want to end up where my family and friends are, so i reckon that i'd take the risk in a dinghy.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Why do you think they are called The Exiles?
    Nobody moaned about a load of Newportonians seeking refuge in Mangotsfield.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I think roughly half of all asylum applications are rejected once all the appeal processes have completed. Of course, we have to pay asylum seekers some form of benefit because they are prohibited from working.
    Yup, they've got to eat. Don't they receive vouchers that they can use in supermarkets?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Maybe because they have relatives or friends in the UK, a higher diaspora of their own nationality in concentrated areas. That could be the reason why, after all, there aren't that many of them. If i was a young man fleeing poverty or oppression i'd quite likely want to end up where my family and friends are, so i reckon that i'd take the risk in a dinghy.
    Also English is the most widely spoken language in the world so they've often got more English than they do German or French for example

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, they've got to eat. Don't they receive vouchers that they can use in supermarkets?
    They get about £35 stipend per week and can remain waiting for their leave to remain to be granted for many years receiving that.

A Tory government is all for more cheap labour, for us working men/women ‘A glut of work and a lack of labour’ is a good scenario, gives us a bit of leverage on wages, whereas the ‘ruling classes’ (for want of a better phrase) are well happy with a ‘lack of work and a glut of labour’ and if that labour is £3 a hour under the arm desperate non local workers, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Are you assigning an opinion to Cyril that I doubt hes ever said, and then attacking him for it?
    whose Cyril ??