+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you regularly go on holiday ?

Do you regularly go on holiday ?

I don't, I cant be arsed with all the packing of a suitcase, travel to the airport , screaming bloody kids

Did Spain, Majorca etc , Amsterdam, France when I was younger

But thats it

Do the odd city break or weekend away in Tenby or Saundersfoot but thats it

Never really been interested in jetting off all over the place

Would rather go fishing , come home and go to sleep in a comfy bed

Some people can't get enough of sightseeing ,fair enough but I cant be arsed

Re: Do you regularly go on holiday ?

the last holiday i had was in vienna to watch wales in 2005 in just doesnt appeal to me all the hassle

Love going abroad. Cancelled this years trip. Gutted.

If I had the cash id get out of this country 5 or 6 times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    the last holiday i had was in vienna to watch wales in 2005 in just doesnt appeal to me all the hassle
    I dont mind a few days in West wales or Minehead but sod all the planning , packing , getting to the airport , passport nonsense

West wales is beautiful but I rarely go further than Tenby

Newquay is nice

Minehead is good , only two hours away but in terms of uk holidays I am flecked if I am driving 9 hours up to the Scottish Highlands or 6 hours to the Norfolk broads or four or five hours to deepest Cornwall

Get in the car, drive past jack land, keep going till u hit Tenby

And thats my limit

Backpacking around the bush in australia my arse , more like carrying a big rucksack to be picked up by some redneck who kidnaps you, steals your money and leaves you dead in a ditch

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Love going abroad. Cancelled this years trip. Gutted.

If I had the cash id get out of this country 5 or 6 times a year.
    I will pay , this is a local town for local people

Wherever you go, I hope it is still called a HOLIDAY and not this ridiculous ‘staycation’ they are calling a holiday in UK.

Yeah usually a few times a year abroad but won't be this year. We usually have about 3 or 4 trips in UK as well generally around birthdays or just a quick break.

We try to get adults only if we can as I agree about screaming kids and parents who seem incapable to f controlling them.

We try to go to quieter areas or sometimes just at the end of the season when it's quieter but still have the weather.

Mind I'm not one of those who just book, I'll spend an age finding the right place, check all the relevant reviews and usually go over budget as there is always something nicer for that little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I dont mind a few days in West wales or Minehead but sod all the planning , packing , getting to the airport , passport nonsense

West wales is beautiful but I rarely go further than Tenby

Newquay is nice

Minehead is good , only two hours away but in terms of uk holidays I am flecked if I am driving 9 hours up to the Scottish Highlands or 6 hours to the Norfolk broads or four or five hours to deepest Cornwall

Get in the car, drive past jack land, keep going till u hit Tenby

And thats my limit

Backpacking around the bush in australia my arse , more like carrying a big rucksack to be picked up by some redneck who kidnaps you, steals your money and leaves you dead in a ditch
    if i can i would head off to my daughters caravan in a small place just outside narbeth perfect for anywhere around that area other than that just stay on the local coast around ogmore and porthcawl area its enough for me

I like a city break rather than a resort or beach holiday; a place with decent examples of modern architecture, which doesn't really spring up around here very often, and lately have been trying to incorporate a football match or two. Tbh, I rather like the planning.

Cancelled holidays this year (after flights had been paid for):

1. Gambia in January. Airline went bust but went to Morocco instead
    2. Italy in March for two Serie A games. Both games were cancelled
    3. Ireland in April, including Santana's gig in Dublin. Gig cancelled
    4. Kazakhstan and Kyrgystan in May: flights cancelled
    5. Azerbaijan in June: Euro games cancelled.
    6. Argentina and Chile in Nov/Dec. Flights cancelled.

Bought a camper van and am walking the SW Coast Path in instalments instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Cancelled holidays this year (after flights had been paid for):

1. Gambia in January. Airline went bust but went to Morocco instead
    2. Italy in March for two Serie A games. Both games were cancelled
    3. Ireland in April, including Santana's gig in Dublin. Gig cancelled
    4. Kazakhstan and Kyrgystan in May: flights cancelled
    5. Azerbaijan in June: Euro games cancelled.
    6. Argentina and Chile in Nov/Dec. Flights cancelled.

Bought a camper van and am walking the SW Coast Path in instalments instead.
    Its people like you who are dragging this once great country down

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    if i can i would head off to my daughters caravan in a small place just outside narbeth perfect for anywhere around that area other than that just stay on the local coast around ogmore and porthcawl area its enough for me
    a day down Ogmore or Porthcawl is fine for me

I don't, I cant be arsed with all the packing of a suitcase, travel to the airport , screaming bloody kids

Did Spain, Majorca etc , Amsterdam, France when I was younger

But thats it

Do the odd city break or weekend away in Tenby or Saundersfoot but thats it

Never really been interested in jetting off all over the place

Would rather go fishing , come home and go to sleep in a comfy bed

Some people can't get enough of sightseeing ,fair enough but I cant be arsed
    Once a year abroad max since kids came along, 3 weeks in Florida is enough for me.
    Before them I’d shoot off travelling every few years. Got to explore different countries and cultures I think, it’s good for you.
    Also do plenty of local holidays like Pembrokeshire, Forest of Dean, camping etc....glad we never planned to go abroad this year mind. Way too much hassle
    I trust you don’t have kids sludge?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I like a city break rather than a resort or beach holiday; a place with decent examples of modern architecture, which doesn't really spring up around here very often, and lately have been trying to incorporate a football match or two. Tbh, I rather like the planning.
    I can thoroughly recommend a city break to Bradford, some amazing architecture, beautiful scenery and great cuisine from all over the world

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Once a year abroad max since kids came along, 3 weeks in Florida is enough for me.
    Before them I’d shoot off travelling every few years. Got to explore different countries and cultures I think, it’s good for you.
    Also do plenty of local holidays like Pembrokeshire, Forest of Dean, camping etc....glad we never planned to go abroad this year mind. Way too much hassle
    I trust you don’t have kids sludge?
    christ no , pesky little things

Camping is my idea of hell , dodgy showers , damp tents , rain , setting up the tent in the first place , nightmare

Its people like you who are dragging this once great country down
    Well we used to invade countries in the past

Camping is my idea of hell , dodgy showers , damp tents , rain , setting up the tent in the first place , nightmare
    Lol...you could do with 3 months travelling around India, that would sort you out. If you need help with places to go let me know.
    You like weed don’t you? Loads there. Also Mexico, a few months doing the Mayan trail would be good for you. Loads of grass there too.....

Lol...you could do with 3 months travelling around India, that would sort you out. If you need help with places to go let me know.
    You like weed don’t you? Loads there. Also Mexico, a few months doing the Mayan trail would be good for you. Loads of grass there too.....
    Is that where the Fugawi tribe are?

smoked weed in the past but not for years

The thought of holidaying in Bradford or Porthcawl rather than say a Greek Island next year is a depressing thought.

I can thoroughly recommend a city break to Bradford, some amazing architecture, beautiful scenery and great cuisine from all over the world
    I stayed in Bradford last August for the Blackburn game. Nice part of the world but the town was so-so. Didn't try the food. When I'm looking for architecture I mean stuff like this:

https://www.dezeen.com/2011/04/26/me...-by-j-mayer-h/

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Well we used to invade countries in the past
    The great and good of this country are still fighting on the 'beaches' usually in Benidorm or magaluf though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I stayed in Bradford last August for the Blackburn game. Nice part of the world but the town was so-so. Didn't try the food. When I'm looking for architecture I mean stuff like this:

https://www.dezeen.com/2011/04/26/me...-by-j-mayer-h/
    Ever been to Seville during the summer? **** me, it makes yesterday look like a day out in Greenland.

First Team

Yes but this year it was a week back in Llantwit Major and that’s my lot.
    Got to love the beach although the sand is still mostly missing and the cliffs are falling down on a regular basis.

I thought you'd be up for sharing some communal shower areas with the womenfolk.