was coming back from visiting a lady the other day as you do and got a taxi home

As usual I like to make conversation with cabbies unless they are clearly raving racists

The bloke who picked me up from dragon taxis was called Ahmed, a really nice guy . He was cardiff born , his parents Bangladeshi who came over like so many Bangladeshis to work in the catering industry or as we would call them , the Indian. He said all over the UK the vast majority of places that describe themselves as Indian are in fact either bangladeshi or Pakistani owned .

Anyway he said his mother was a strict Muslim and so was his sister but his father wasn't and always gave his children the choice so he and his two brothers don't bother unless they have to attend weddings etc

He said in cardiff most of the Muslim community of South Asian origin is bangladeshi , not pakistani , unlike Newport which is mostly Pakistani

He said cardiff has a large indian and sikh population but small compared to Wolverhampton which is the biggest outside London

I asked him if he was into football and he said yes , I told him I was a city fan and he said he wasn't a die hard fan but went down with his young son and some friends 5 or 6 times a season

You can't fault that