+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: interesting taxi rides number 38

interesting taxi rides number 38

was coming back from visiting a lady the other day as you do and got a taxi home

As usual I like to make conversation with cabbies unless they are clearly raving racists

The bloke who picked me up from dragon taxis was called Ahmed, a really nice guy . He was cardiff born , his parents Bangladeshi who came over like so many Bangladeshis to work in the catering industry or as we would call them , the Indian. He said all over the UK the vast majority of places that describe themselves as Indian are in fact either bangladeshi or Pakistani owned .

Anyway he said his mother was a strict Muslim and so was his sister but his father wasn't and always gave his children the choice so he and his two brothers don't bother unless they have to attend weddings etc

He said in cardiff most of the Muslim community of South Asian origin is bangladeshi , not pakistani , unlike Newport which is mostly Pakistani

He said cardiff has a large indian and sikh population but small compared to Wolverhampton which is the biggest outside London

I asked him if he was into football and he said yes , I told him I was a city fan and he said he wasn't a die hard fan but went down with his young son and some friends 5 or 6 times a season

You can't fault that

Re: interesting taxi rides number 38

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    was coming back from visiting a lady the other day as you do and got a taxi home

As usual I like to make conversation with cabbies unless they are clearly raving racists

The bloke who picked me up from dragon taxis was called Ahmed, a really nice guy . He was cardiff born , his parents Bangladeshi who came over like so many Bangladeshis to work in the catering industry or as we would call them , the Indian. He said all over the UK the vast majority of places that describe themselves as Indian are in fact either bangladeshi or Pakistani owned .

Anyway he said his mother was a strict Muslim and so was his sister but his father wasn't and always gave his children the choice so he and his two brothers don't bother unless they have to attend weddings etc

He said in cardiff most of the Muslim community of South Asian origin is bangladeshi , not pakistani , unlike Newport which is mostly Pakistani

He said cardiff has a large indian and sikh population but small compared to Wolverhampton which is the biggest outside London

I asked him if he was into football and he said yes , I told him I was a city fan and he said he wasn't a die hard fan but went down with his young son and some friends 5 or 6 times a season

You can't fault that
    He went home and posted this on a message board:

Picked up a very strange person in my taxi earlier on. This guy had an enormous right bicep while his left bicep was relatively withered.
    He was wearing a tatty t-shirt emblazoned with the the words 'I love Heavy Metal MILFs' but some of the letters were partially concealed by various unsavoury stains. He spent the whole journey licking his lips whilst flicking through photographs of women on his smartphone and shouting out 'Bluebirds!'. He duly paid the fare, pocketed the change while scratching his nuts and said 'See you on CCMB'.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    He went home and posted this on a message board:

Picked up a very strange person in my taxi earlier on. This guy had an enormous right bicep while his left bicep was relatively withered.
    He was wearing a tatty t-shirt emblazoned with the the words 'I love Heavy Metal MILFs' but some of the letters were partially concealed by various unsavoury stains. He spent the whole journey licking his lips whilst flicking through photographs of women on his smartphone and shouting out 'Bluebirds!'. He duly paid the fare, pocketed the change while scratching his nuts and said 'See you on CCMB'.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

You can't fault that
    5 or 6 times a year is more than a few people I know who class themselves as die hards

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    5 or 6 times a year is more than a few people I know who class themselves as die hards
    It says everything that a guy who is not a die hard fan still makes the effort to take his son to see his local team whilst there are idiots in cardiff wearing man United tops who have never seen cardiff city play , ever

The Bangladeshis in the Bay Leaf in llandaff all have FAW tie pins!