+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Red Bull Cardiff

Red Bull Cardiff

Found this article really interesting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51475532

I found myself wondering how I would feel if they came in for us. I guess most of us have had enough of rebrand stuff over the last few years and it would probably not go down well. However, despite the negativity from a lot of fans from other Bundesliga there are some interesting positive points. ie No player in the team that beat Spurs in the CL cost over £20m and they brought a successful side to an area of Germany that was a bit of a footballing desert.

I'm not sure how I would feel given our recent history but as I have said, an interesting article.

Re: Red Bull Cardiff

They seem to be progressive with regard to football but it's difficult to get away from the idea it's all a big show for the brand. The RB bit is sneaky and they've been slippery with the ownership rules. What they did at Salzburg was shabby too.

The problem with this business model is it relies on selling the best players, and they will start this evening's match without their star attraction, who has just moved to Chelsea. Nagelsmann is a top manager though, and he will move on to bigger things.

I think that would be it for me. I'd have to walk away.

I think it depends on where you are on how much resistance you will get. If it was 20 years ago I'm. Sure more people would welcome it, rather than now when we have had a bit of success.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think that would be it for me. I'd have to walk away.
    Start fresh with the NY red bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Start fresh with the NY red bulls.
    Philadelphia Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The problem with this business model is it relies on selling the best players, and they will start this evening's match without their star attraction, who has just moved to Chelsea. Nagelsmann is a top manager though, and he will move on to bigger things.
    big problem that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    big problem that!!!
    It is if you want to compete with the elite teams who don't have to sell, e.g. Bayern Munich.

???? So Atletico is not an elite team. We are talking about a team in the semi-final of the CL. Not sure where you are coming from here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    ???? So Atletico is not an elite team. We are talking about a team in the semi-final of the CL. Not sure where you are coming from here.
    Athletico Madrid are very effective over two-leg knockout games, but they rarely win league titles and European trophies. I would say Leipzig and Athletico are quite evenly matched, but for whatever reason they are not quite at the next level. They both have top managers though who give their teams an organisational edge, but for pure talent you need to look elsewhere.

Athletico Madrid are very effective over two-leg knockout games, but they rarely win league titles and European trophies. I would say Leipzig and Athletico are quite evenly matched, but for whatever reason they are not quite at the next level. They both have top managers though who give their teams an organisational edge, but for pure talent you need to look elsewhere.
    During the past ten seasons, Atletico Madrid have won the Europa league three times, the super cup three times, one la liga, one copa del ray, la liga runners up twice and champions league runners up twice and the supercopa des espana. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    During the past ten seasons, Atletico Madrid have won the Europa league three times, the super cup three times, one la liga, one copa del ray, la liga runners up twice and champions league runners up twice and the supercopa des espana. Just saying.
    Yeah, but that is not their current situation, and the two top teams in Spain are Real Madrid and Barcelona. The point I am making is you have to build a team around your best players, not sell them! Athletico are not among the elite teams who attract the top players.

Yeah, but that is not their current situation, and the point I am making is you have to build a team around the best players, not sell them!
    They all sell their best players eventually, unless there's an endless pit of cash, and there are only four or five clubs who are in that financial situation. I'd put Atletico in the elite league, most definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They all sell their best players eventually, unless there's an endless pit of cash, and there are only four or five clubs who are in that financial situation. I'd put Atletico in the elite league, most definitely.
    I am talking about those teams at the top of the pile

I am talking about those teams at the top of the pile
    Aren't Atletico in that group? Unless you narrow it down to about 5 or 6 teams. Over the last ten years Atletico have been hugely successful on a European Level. 5 finals and 3 wins.