+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glaztel and Kieffer Moore

Re: Glaztel and Kieffer Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If anyone believes that Harris will play Moore and Glatzel up front together as a thought out and premeditated game plan, then they are taking some serious drugs.
    Absolutely. Even more worrying is the thought that Glatzel could be the Chopra if Moore is Bothroyd...

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    "What a predicament"

Harris will rotate like every single manager does, it isn't the 80s anymore, most teams will play with a lone striker and will have three strikers they can shift through. If Glatzel doesn't like sitting on the bench then hopefully he can work on his own game so when he does get his chance he can get his place back. This season is going to be really condensed anyway, both will get ample opportunity up front
    Good point about the condensed season. We won’t see the same starting XI week in, week out.

If anyone believes that Harris will play Moore and Glatzel up front together as a thought out and premeditated game plan, then they are taking some serious drugs.
    Harris is savvy enough to know you can’t be out numbered in midfield these days. I think he’s a far more adaptable coach than he’s given credit for.

I've thought for some time that the only way we would play a proper front two would be in a 3-5-2, but while we insist on playing two wingers, that's never going to happen - two wingers and a target man has become part of the Cardiff City DNA in the last decade or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Really? Therefore making Paterson the back-up striker. Don't think Glatzel is going anywhere, he'll be rotated with Moore
    I think if we can move Glatzel on then we can bring in another striker.

We have clearly got our number 1 target and now for Harris to shape the squad he wants then players will need to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've thought for some time that the only way we would play a proper front two would be in a 3-5-2, but while we insist on playing two wingers, that's never going to happen - two wingers and a target man has become part of the Cardiff City DNA in the last decade or so.
    After the QPR debacle, I don't think Harris will be in any rush to play 3 at the back again

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Could it work together would they take turns as a lone striker.

if yes to 2 up front will we have to shoehorn Tomlin as a 10 which would mean only Ralls or Vaulks as a CM/DM if we’re playing 2 wingers.

Or keeping Tomlin and a full midfield it would mean dropping the wingers and playing a 3 in midfield

Or playing 5-2-1-2 but our fullbacks can’t cross and our wingers can’t defend.

Or we just don’t play Glatzel which would be a waste as Moore won’t finish on his own.

What a predicament
    It would be great to see us play with two strikers again......... as long they were scoring goals and we were winning.

I reckon this fella would be good alongside Moore:----

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Hogan

Neil Harris spoke following the recruitment of Kieffer Moore, as he looked forward to next week's return to training.

"We want to achieve and I do feel that Kieffer can add another element to us, competing in the front line with Robert Glatzel, Callum Paterson and a young Mark Harris, improving all the time."

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-positive-step

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Neil Harris spoke following the recruitment of Kieffer Moore, as he looked forward to next week's return to training.

"We want to achieve and I do feel that Kieffer can add another element to us, competing in the front line with Robert Glatzel, Callum Paterson and a young Mark Harris, improving all the time."

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-positive-step
    Paterson’s future role is becoming less clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think if we can move Glatzel on then we can bring in another striker.

We have clearly got our number 1 target and now for Harris to shape the squad he wants then players will need to leave.
    Glatzel was one of our top scorers last season. Given that Ward has one foot in Huddersfield, leaving us with Glatzel and Paterson left as our senior fit strikers, do you honestly think that’s a good idea?