+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glaztel and Kieffer Moore

Glaztel and Kieffer Moore

Could it work together would they take turns as a lone striker.

if yes to 2 up front will we have to shoehorn Tomlin as a 10 which would mean only Ralls or Vaulks as a CM/DM if we’re playing 2 wingers.

Or keeping Tomlin and a full midfield it would mean dropping the wingers and playing a 3 in midfield

Or playing 5-2-1-2 but our fullbacks can’t cross and our wingers can’t defend.

Or we just don’t play Glatzel which would be a waste as Moore won’t finish on his own.

What a predicament

Re: Glaztel and Kieffer Moore

Glatzel will go or will back up Moore. We won't change too much.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Could it work together would they take turns as a lone striker.

if yes to 2 up front will we have to shoehorn Tomlin as a 10 which would mean only Ralls or Vaulks as a CM/DM if we’re playing 2 wingers.

Or keeping Tomlin and a full midfield it would mean dropping the wingers and playing a 3 in midfield

Or playing 5-2-1-2 but our fullbacks can’t cross and our wingers can’t defend.

Or we just don’t play Glatzel which would be a waste as Moore won’t finish on his own.

What a predicament
    Its no predicament.

Moore is replacing Glatzel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Glatzel will go or will back up Moore. We won't change too much.
    I doubt Glatzel will go anywhere.

He will probably back up Moore - with Paterson pushed even further down the pecking order (and Vassell in rehab).

I'm not convinced by the comments that dismiss Glatzel as useless or unsuited to the Championship. I think he has taken a while to adjust - to the club, a new country, a different style of play and a very competitive league, but he has evolved over the year. He has ability.

If he doesn't adapt any further he will not get much playing time and will eventually leave (the club won't get much back on the fee if that happens), but I think there is a good chance he will prove the doubters wrong. Harris seems to see Glatzel as a player he can improve and adapt to become more effective in this league. No reason yet to dismiss that possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

He will probably back up Moore - with Paterson pushed even further down the pecking order (and Vassell in rehab).

I'm not convinced by the comments that dismiss Glatzel as useless or unsuited to the Championship. I think he has taken a while to adjust - to the club, a new country, a different style of play and a very competitive league, but he has evolved over the year. He has ability.

If he doesn't adapt any further he will not get much playing time and will eventually leave (the club won't get much back on the fee if that happens), but I think there is a good chance he will prove the doubters wrong. Harris seems to see Glatzel as a player he can improve and adapt to become more effective in this league. No reason yet to dismiss that possibility.
    He’s a bloody good striker of the ball but so weak for a big man. I would love to see them both upfront together

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I don't dismiss Glatzel but Moore is definitely coming in to be the starter. I agree with much of what you say but I am unsure if he will be here in August 2021.

Talk of x replacing y is a bit out of date in modern football, it’s a squad game and having different options is the way forward. Being able to change style with a substitution or a positional change during a game is an advantage, it’s down to the manager and his coaches to instil it into the players.

He’s a bloody good striker of the ball but so weak for a big man. I would love to see them both upfront together
    I agree.

When Harris has spoken about Glatzel he has highlighted physicality and ability to press as the areas that need to improve. Glatzel was doing much more on the pitch - especially pressing - in the games after lockdown.

I don't know if he can be turned into a more physical player at his age - or if there are other ways he can protect the ball if he is used as a target man. But Harris seems to think he can work with him and produce a more effective player. I thought it was interesting in post-lockdown interviews how Harris emphasised that he is a manager and a coach. He likes to work with players himself - including extra skills sessions - and isn't just reliant on other members of his coaching team. I don't know when we last had a manager that personally coached players? Trollope certainly, but Warnock didn't, Slade didn't, I don't think Malky did, and Jones definitely didn't.

I think it depends on Tomlin fitness.

I'm sure Harris preferred more of a 442 at Millwall so it will be interesting to see who comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its no predicament.

Yep, and for a third of the cost (in fee anyway).

I actually think Ward and Moore would do well together but I guess we'll never know

Weve seen glimpses of him being a good striker of the ball, but in the main he scuffs a lot of his shots. Peter Whittingham he isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I actually think Ward and Moore would do well together but I guess we'll never know
    I would have kept Ward but weve got Vassell and Glatzel under contract and need to balance the books.

I cant see us playing 442 anyway and dont want us to.

Right back is a priority but we probably need a few out for more significant signings I reckon.

I would have kept Ward but weve got Vassell and Glatzel under contract and need to balance the books.

I cant see us playing 442 anyway and dont want us to.

Right back is a priority but we probably need a few out for more significant signings I reckon.
    Yeah I don't disagree with any of this

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Weve seen glimpses of him being a good striker of the ball, but in the main he scuffs a lot of his shots. Peter Whittingham he isnt.
    Hasn't scored a header for us either.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Talk of x replacing y is a bit out of date in modern football, it’s a squad game and having different options is the way forward. Being able to change style with a substitution or a positional change during a game is an advantage, it’s down to the manager and his coaches to instil it into the players.
    Agreed. Not many teams play with 2 strikers these days and if Glatzel were to be sold, then it would leave Harris short of options, particularly as it looks like Ward is off, Vassell is constantly injured and we’d have... Paterson.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Agreed. Not many teams play with 2 strikers these days and if Glatzel were to be sold, then it would leave Harris short of options, particularly as it looks like Ward is off, Vassell is constantly injured and we’d have... Paterson.
    If Glatzel or Vassell could be sold im sure wed sell.

Loans out are more likely.

Agreed.

Moore
    Ward
    Glatzel

In that order.

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    Moore
    Ward
    Glatzel

In that order.
    Ward won't be there.

"What a predicament"

Harris will rotate like every single manager does, it isn't the 80s anymore, most teams will play with a lone striker and will have three strikers they can shift through. If Glatzel doesn't like sitting on the bench then hopefully he can work on his own game so when he does get his chance he can get his place back. This season is going to be really condensed anyway, both will get ample opportunity up front

Nicely summarised and if both can be accommodated that will be a huge plus for our overall squad strength, being able to have a plan B is critical.

Its no predicament.

Really? Therefore making Paterson the back-up striker. Don't think Glatzel is going anywhere, he'll be rotated with Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Really? Therefore making Paterson the back-up striker. Don't think Glatzel is going anywhere, he'll be rotated with Moore
    I reckon Glatzel will go out on loan somewhere with a view to a permanent move.

If anyone believes that Harris will play Moore and Glatzel up front together as a thought out and premeditated game plan, then they are taking some serious drugs.