Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
It's natural when you been watching the game for a long time to think any proposed change to long established norms in football is a bad thing and, speaking for myself, I often think back to memorable games under the system to be scrapped which would never have been played. However, although I've been watching City for almost fifty seven years, I cannot come up with a single FA Cup replay played involving City at Ninian Park or Cardiff City Stadium that qualifies as memorable - in fact, the replay which comes closest to meeting that criteria was the one I watched in the early eighties between the jacks and Palace when Ninian Park was a neutral venue.

I'm struggling to think of many great replay nights away from home as well - Middlesbrough to clinch the game with Man City in 1994 and Sunderland at neutral Maine Road to give us a home game with Leeds in 1972 are the best I can think of off the top of my head.
I remember beating Warnock's Bury in a replay. He said "the future of Bury depends on us winning". Think he was sacked after that defeat.

We beat Orient in a replay the same season..

Winning at Yeovil

Winning at Middlesbrough.

Not sure we ever got a second replay, though it probably did happen.