+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No FA Cup replays next season

Banned

Re: No FA Cup replays next season

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    The league cup has become a farce in the past ten years so now is the perfect time to wind it up.
    I'd rather lose the League Cup and keep FA Cup replays.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    The league cup has become a farce in the past ten years so now is the perfect time to wind it up.
    In fairness, if you look at the history of the competition, it was something of a farce from its beginning in 1960/61. It's always been a second-rate competition at best and there is undoubtedly way too much football in this country under normal circumstances, so now would indeed seem to be the ideal time to pull the plug on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I guess the League Cup holds a European place, but it does seem to be a bit silly to have that competition running. The League Trophy was always, as far as I was concerned, a chance to give lower league clubs and their fans a day out at Wembley, so that seems a bit unnecessary too.

As for the Euros, the European wide tournament was a daft idea to begin with, but it is looking unworkable at the moment.
    The League Cup should have become a real football league cup when the premier league began, i.e. the bottom three divisions. They were too scared of not having man utd, arsenal, etc but it would have given many clubs the chance to win something half decent instead of every year it being the same handful of clubs who get the trophies.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The League Cup should have become a real football league cup when the premier league began, i.e. the bottom three divisions. They were too scared of not having man utd, arsenal, etc but it would have given many clubs the chance to win something half decent instead of every year it being the same handful of clubs who get the trophies.
    I remember thinking that at the time, and I can't really remember the top teams taking it less seriously before the advent of "squad rotations in the PL Century" - although they probably were.

Whatever happened to the Simod Cup, that's what I want to know. And the Anglo-Italian Cup.

International

Given our performances in the competition in the last few years it won't make any difference to City's games!!!