+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: TALKTALK, Internet, phone etc

TALKTALK, Internet, phone etc

They are always given a bad rating but I have never had any problems with them to be fair

What do others use ?

Re: TALKTALK, Internet, phone etc

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They are always given a bad rating but I have never had any problems with them to be fair

What do others use ?
    I have used the internet and phone too and they have both been pretty reliable. Can't comment on Talk Talk though

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I have used the internet and phone too and they have both been pretty reliable. Can't comment on Talk Talk though
    You got me by the bollocks there

What do others use ?
    Same here. Had them for 10 years since moving up the valleys. Got their Freeview TV package. Several years ago they offered me Sky Sports for £10 a month for a year. I'd never pay full whack for it but at that price, it's worth it and it gets used. Every year they keep doing the same, think I'm paying £11 a month now for all their sports channels. Overall it's a fair bit cheaper than Sky. I'm not bothered about all the channels Sky offer, either.

Banned

You got me by the bollocks there
    Talk Talk owe me a fair chunk of money, every time I leave they charge me 2-3 months and ending the direct debit is the only way to stop money going out with them. First time they gave me £15 back, claimed I hadn't given enough notice (I had). Same happened with a mobile contract we had. Back everything up with an e-mail, it's a shame that people have to resort to that with major companies, but they do.

Currently I am with vodafone.

Ive got Sky broadband phone internet and 3 mobile phones with them. Never use the landline.

Sky runs on the O2 network.

Always use WIFI calling on the mobile.

Got a works phone with Vodafone signal is crap without WIFi calling.

Ive no issue with the internet and phone deals and have got a good deal with the TV but am getting seriously pissed off with Sky Sports in particular. A channel dedicated to the NFL , so much boxing on PPV.

Also prefer Netflix.

Talk talk are fine for mr

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Talk talk are fine for mr

In suspenders here !!

Talk Talk are fine for Mr WHO ???????

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Same here. Had them for 10 years since moving up the valleys. Got their Freeview TV package. Several years ago they offered me Sky Sports for £10 a month for a year. I'd never pay full whack for it but at that price, it's worth it and it gets used. Every year they keep doing the same, think I'm paying £11 a month now for all their sports channels. Overall it's a fair bit cheaper than Sky. I'm not bothered about all the channels Sky offer, either.
    I had my phoneline go down and they sorted it within 24 hours

And it was a lovely Eastern European lady who did it

I wished her a pleasant day

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    In suspenders here !!

Talk Talk are fine for Mr WHO ???????
    I am always in suspenders

TalkTalk are the pits (in my experience) and have been hacked - which seems particularly careless for an internet provider.

Virgin - good service but regular price increases. Customer service is OK although they will only offer free "upgrades" as they are not interested in competing on price.
    BT - good service but will try regular price increases similar to Virgin. Customer service is a little poor but they will sort things out eventually if you persist with them. Will offer to match other prices if you look to move.
    Vodafone - good service and very competitive on price. Customer service is appalling as nothing is ever their fault as they've "outsourced it!

I sold TalkTalk door to door briefly back in the day. Commission only, the most I made in a week was £70.

I use Plusnet now.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I sold TalkTalk door to door briefly back in the day. Commission only, the most I made in a week was £70.

I use Plusnet now.
    Is that because you couldn't be arsed or you were selling a busted flush ?

I have BT broadband, and it works okay. They hassled me for about eighteen months to pay extra for an upgrade to super-fast (I said no), then they did it for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I have BT broadband, and it works okay. They hassled me for about eighteen months to pay extra for an upgrade to super-fast (I said no), then they did it for nothing.
    Landline and Internet?

Is that because you couldn't be arsed or you were selling a busted flush ?
    I was raised too polite I think, not in my nature to be pushy like that. I'd do my opening speech, they'd say no, I'd say fair enough and try the next door

As far as the product, my parents had Talk Talk for quite a while and were happy enough with it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    TalkTalk are the pits (in my experience) and have been hacked - which seems particularly careless for an internet provider.
    You reminded me - I had an e-mail saying my details had been compromised. Phoned them up to complain, they did nothing. Told them I wanted to end my contract ( was using it as an excuse to be fair), they told me it wasn't breach of contract.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I was raised too polite I think, not in my nature to be pushy like that. I'd do my opening speech, they'd say no, I'd say fair enough and try the next door

As far as the product, my parents had Talk Talk for quite a while and were happy enough with it.
    At least you sold one package