+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: France Quarantine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: France Quarantine

I think the 30 hour deadline added by the UK Gov was appalling.

I think as adults we should be allowed to make a reasoned choice as to what risks we take and we should have been given at least a 72 hour window to get home if we were in a country to be quarantined. Not a fraction over a day. That would have allowed a reasoned choice and a reasonable opportunity to get back.

It's penalising the public again. And ****ing up the travel industry.

The range of contradictory information peddled by the authorities and the press is wrecking the confidence of the public.

How any of these government ministers can sleep at night is beyond me. Education, Transport, the PPE corruption and the buffoon at the top who is hoping all this just goes away are contributing to dismantling of confidence of a nation.

Banned

Re: France Quarantine

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I think the 30 hour deadline added by the UK Gov was appalling.

I think as adults we should be allowed to make a reasoned choice as to what risks we take and we should have been given at least a 72 hour window to get home if we were in a country to be quarantined. Not a fraction over a day. That would have allowed a reasoned choice and a reasonable opportunity to get back.

It's penalising the public again. And ****ing up the travel industry.

The range of contradictory information peddled by the authorities and the press is wrecking the confidence of the public.

How any of these government ministers can sleep at night is beyond me. Education, Transport, the PPE corruption and the buffoon at the top who is hoping all this just goes away are contributing to dismantling of confidence of a nation.
    Why is it appalling? The Government's job is to protect its citizens, most of which have cancelled/postponed or not had any trips abroad during this pandemic. Why should we be penalised by a higher risk of infections in the UK by giving people an extra 42 hours to catch the virus?

Someone I know who had moved to Spain returned home 2 weeks ago, and was visiting all her friends in their houses, elderly parents and aunts, before driving back to Spain. I saw photos of her in about 6/7 houses meeting anywhere close to 30 people. Had she been infected, there would have been a significant spike in our area leading to, most likely, restrictions for the rest.

The Government have done the right thing here, although it appears that is thanks to the Welsh and Scottish Governments.

The travel industry is taking a hit, and that is a shame, although I notice they resorted to type and put up the prices on Eurotunnel to cash in, just as they cash in during school holidays resulting in some parents taking kids out of school in term time.

Go abroad, and have a risk of having to quarantine. Go to Blackpool and have the risk of a local lockdown meaning you can't even do anything. Buy a season ticket to a football club and have the risk of seeing no games. That's how it is at the moment, and with 1,440 cases announced yesterday the UK, itself, is getting close to the 20 cases per million threshold that France broke leading to the measures taken.

Johnson is a buffoon, and if he had his way people could have stayed an extra day or two in France.