+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obcene Salaries

Obcene Salaries

I find it absolutely disgusting at the salaries paid in the premier league.........Willian just being the late example.......and Arsenal...layingeof 50-55 staff...if they paid him 10% less they could keep them on.

Re: Obcene Salaries

Arsenal's owner is worth $10bn and spent £550m just two years ago to buy out the remaining 30%. I don't think one player's wages are the issue here.

Seen how much Lineker's on?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I find it absolutely disgusting at the salaries paid in the premier league.........Willian just being the late example.......and Arsenal...layingeof 50-55 staff...if they paid him 10% less they could keep them on.
    Maybe the 50 staff should have been better at football

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Arsenal's owner is worth $10bn and spent £550m just two years ago to buy out the remaining 30%. I don't think one player's wages are the issue here.
    Football is dying on its arse. If this pandemic has shown us anything it’s almost pointless playing in empty stadiums which ironically most of the big clubs could do regardless as they get so much Tv and sponsorship cash.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Seen how much Lineker's on?!!

Sssh , I've been through hell talking about that luvvy

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sssh , I've been through hell talking bollocks
    Fixed for you

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I think Rashford should front this issue up and negotiate a football salary cap , for these special times that saves jobs , and look to find a way to help fund from those clubs that don't sit at the top elite table that may fall, how any club with wealth can claim furlough or make staff redundant whilst paying obscene wages and transfer / agent fees isn't good.

That Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson earned $87.5 million this last year .........but I’m not calling him a greedy twat to his face, I'll leave that to Life on Mars

Why focus of footballers when there are many greedy, slimy bastards in big business in London, all friends of Boris Johnson, who earn far more than the vast majority of footballers.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Why focus of footballers when there are many greedy, slimy bastards in big business in London, all friends of Boris Johnson, who earn far more than the vast majority of footballers.
    because the futBOLers get paYD MORE THAN SOLDIURS crowd have a very narrow field of vision

Who’ll be earning it and more for the rest of their life, not just for an 8/10 year window.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    because the futBOLers get paYD MORE THAN SOLDIURS crowd have a very narrow field of vision
    I'd rather working class lads and their families get the money. We aint half a nation of bootlickers at times.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Who’ll be earning it and more for the rest of their life, not just for an 8/10 year window.
    The 'Bosses' 'Landowners' etc but lets have a go at people who are probably from the same environment that most of us are from.

because it's a football forum about football and that's what we are supposed to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    because it's a football forum about football and that's what we are supposed to talk about.
    Seems logical..

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The 'Bosses' 'Landowners' etc but lets have a go at people who are probably from the same environment that most of us are from.
    That’s what I said.

Why does no-one ever have a go at actors' salaries? It's exactly the same principle

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Why does no-one ever have a go at actors' salaries? It's exactly the same principle
    See my Dwayne Johnson above in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    As you well know this forum very often strays in politics.
    This business about criticising footballers over their salaries is like people having a moan about the woman down the road who does a bit of cleaning on the side while claiming benefits. The net loss to the Treasury ie you and me is feck all compared to the billions that big business and its owners are avoiding in tax, very often illegally, but certainly always immorily, by diverting profits via offshore tax havens.

Er, I don’t think so.

No one earns a SALARY like footballers do.

People in business might have a decent salary but a highly paid footballer will still get paid more in salary in a month than they do in a year.

People in business make up their compensation in shares, (the values of which can go up or down - lol). bonuses etc and can get paid handsomely as a result.

But in terms of weekly take home pay no other job come close to how much footballers get paid

This is all in the public domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Er, I don’t think so.

No one earns a SALARY like footballers do.

People in business might have a decent salary but a highly paid footballer will still get paid more in salary in a month than they do in a year.

People in business make up their compensation in shares, (the values of which can go up or down - lol). bonuses etc and can get paid handsomely as a result.

But in terms of weekly take home pay no other job come close to how much footballers get paid

This is all in the public domain.
    For how long though? A fat cat business man/actor/musician etc may go on receiving ever increasing sums all his life whereas a footballer has a 9/10/11 year time slot if he’s lucky. A footballer negotiating, say, a three year contract at the age of about 27, is 99% of the time negotiating to earn the highest wage he’ll ever earn in his life (for only three guaranteed years). Unthinkable in industry for anyone that young to have hit their earning peak. Even us minions have wage increases throughout our working life, a 60 year old would obviously be taking home more than when he was 25, 35 years earlier, not so a footballer. They’re very often working class lads like us who deserve to make hay while the sun shines.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    For how long though? A fat cat business man/actor/musician etc may go on receiving ever increasing sums all his life whereas a footballer has a 9/10/11 year time slot if he’s lucky. A footballer negotiating, say, a three year contract at the age of about 27, is 99% of the time negotiating to earn the highest wage he’ll ever earn in his life (for only three guaranteed years). Unthinkable in industry for anyone that young to have hit their earning peak. Even us minions have wage increases throughout our working life, a 60 year old would obviously be taking home more than when he was 25, 35 years earlier, not so a footballer. They’re very often working class lads like us who deserve to make hay while the sun shines.
    There's too much money in football, but too many people blame the players for it.

The truth is, if player wages fall, it won't get cheaper for the fans. The money will still be sloshing around but it'll go to some faceless people who absolutely don't deserve it. At the moment at least the money goes to those with the talent, who have sacrificed their lives from about 10 (possibly younger) and who are putting their balls on the line

As you well know this forum very often strays in politics.
    This business about criticising footballers over their salaries is like people having a moan about the woman down the road who does a bit of cleaning on the side while claiming benefits. The net loss to the Treasury ie you and me is feck all compared to the billions that big business and its owners are avoiding in tax, very often illegally, but certainly always immorily, by diverting profits via offshore tax havens.
    You must be joking if you think footballers earning big money are any different to business men. I looked up three names in Companies House on spec

Neil Warnock has a media business and a hotel business.

Joseph ( Joe) Ralls has a property development business

Aaaron James Ramsey has three businesses including a big bespoke property business

I bet if I spent some time looking through the premier league players a lot will be operating significant businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Football is dying on its arse. If this pandemic has shown us anything it’s almost pointless playing in empty stadiums which ironically most of the big clubs could do regardless as they get so much Tv and sponsorship cash.
    The problem is that the longer the pandemic goes on, companies like Sky are mopping up.
    The premier league will still get obscene money from a TV as it will be the only way to watch football.
    The sad thing is division 1 & 2 are very close to being totally skint and virtually closed