+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obcene Salaries

Re: Obcene Salaries

It's supply and demand. There are a limited number of top class players around, so you have to pay them top, top money to get them. Or they just go somewhere else. If the club says no, they lose the player.
    The same doesn't really apply to Lineker. I think he's a good presenter, but he's fronting one programme once a week, for all that money. Why so much? I can't believe they can't find someone equally good, who would do the same job for far less.

It's all relevant, we are focusing on those players in pl earning massive wages.

There are also lots of players all over the world who won't be getting paid fortunes.

Also you have to think about 2 billion people set out to be a footballers. Those getting a very good living from it is probably a very small percentage.

For me football is as expensive as you want it to be. If you don't want to pay to watch sky you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Why focus of footballers when there are many greedy, slimy bastards in big business in London, all friends of Boris Johnson, who earn far more than the vast majority of footballers.
    Because footballers generally come from poor or working class backgrounds and are often foreign or an ethnic minority

Foreign, poor and black. The 3 characteristics the Daily Mail tell their readers to hate.