+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer transfers

Re: Summer transfers

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    QPR have had a £2m bid accepted by Livingston for Lyndon Dykes - although they are expecting to get near £20, for Eberechi Eze, so they have a kitty to play with!
    I’ve got more than that in my wallet, I’ll buy Eze for The City

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Sounds like Eze money.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    'm'

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'll make a prediction which will probably prove to be hopelessly wrong - the Keiffer Moore signing will be one the five most expensive in the Championship in this window.
    Brentford have allegedly had a £6.5m (rising to £10m with add ons) bid accepted by Peterborough for Ivan Toney!

The clubs that are selling big may also be buying big.

It looks very much like we have to offload before recruiting. And looking at the squad I'd say the only attractive players we've got would be Smithies or Etheridge - selling one would be sensible business. Murphy may attract some interest but it's unlikely we'd recoup on our initial outlay. Other than that it wouldn't be completely surprising to see Sol or Junior moving to Boro.

Swansea have (according to WOL) made a bid for Jamal Lowe from Wigan

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ighly-18784248

If one of our wingers was likely to be moving on (Hoilett or Murphy - maybe Whyte) Lowe is the one I would like to see us after as a replacement. Having already been shopping in Wigan Bargains is that an indication that we will have no gaps to fill.... or maybe that one of the academy players (Taz Mayembe?) will get a chance?

Swansea have (according to WOL) made a bid for Jamal Lowe from Wigan

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ighly-18784248

If one of our wingers was likely to be moving on (Hoilett or Murphy - maybe Whyte) Lowe is the one I would like to see us after as a replacement. Having already been shopping in Wigan Bargains is that an indication that we will have no gaps to fill.... or maybe that one of the academy players (Taz Mayembe?) will get a chance?

If Harris fancied dipping into his old club I'd love Jed Wallace here. Cracking player. I think he can play wide and in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    If Harris fancied dipping into his old club I'd love Jed Wallace here. Cracking player. I think he can play wide and in the middle.
    yes that would be a very good signing , but they are probably looking for 10 million?

Interview with Dion Sanderson in Birmingham Live:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...tract-18789021

Regular watchers of Wolves’ under-23s before Christmas will agree that Sanderson was always a stand-out player, so much so that it was becoming glaringly obvious that he needed a bigger test.

James Collins, the newly-appointed coach of Wolves’ second string, agreed Sanderson needed to leave his boyhood club temporarily to further his career. Everyone at Wolves knew what needed to be done.

The call didn’t arrive until late on transfer deadline day - but when it did it was a much bigger opportunity than even Sanderson had imagined would come his way.

“It was a last minute loan,” Sanderson tells BirminghamLive. “I wasn’t aware of Cardiff’s interest at all. I was at Wolves until like eight o’clock and I had the news come through that Cardiff wanted to sign me on loan.

“It was a shock and I was surprised more than anything because I was struggling to get a team at the time.

“When it all happened it was crazy, I couldn’t believe it myself. Straight from the under-23s to being in the play-offs… it was crazy. It all happened so quickly.”

“I think when you get to that age and you’ve developed in the under-23s you want to be playing first team football.

“I was grateful that it happened and when I found out it was Cardiff and a Championship move, it was unreal. I was so happy.

“I learnt quite a lot and lots of different characteristics. (Cardiff captain) Sean Morrison, the way he carries himself on and off the pitch, it’s unreal. The way he talks to players, and gets ready for the game.

“I’ve learnt a lot from lots of players in different positions but it was good to be around that first team environment day in, day out and see what they do.

“You learn how they prepare, how they train, what they do in games and what they do after training.”

Sanderson has enjoyed his breakthrough season but 2020/21 promises to be even bigger for the talented 20-year-old.

He has one year remaining on his contract with Wolves and wants another loan move to build on the nine starts he managed with Cardiff.

“I haven’t spoken much about what’s going on next season,” he explains. “I only played nine games so I think going out on loan again would be best for me, for my development and my career.

“At this moment in time it’s just about focusing on my football and what’s going to happen next, where I’m going to go. It’s about improving myself.

“When my contract comes to an end there’ll be more talks about what’s going to happen but for the time being I’m just focusing on my football.”

Unsurprisingly, Cardiff have already expressed an interest in re-signing Sanderson.

“Anything can happen in the transfer window,” Sanderson says, speaking from experience. “It’s about my development and playing. It’s all something that I’ve got to look at, take my time and find out what I want to do for the next step in my career.”

But there’s no need to rush into anything this time with Sanderson’s stock well and truly on the rise.

David Marshall to sign for Derby!

Derby getting closer to Marshall signing.

Blackburn up to 7 signings already.

Forest after Jota from Benfica- very ambitious!

Izzy Brown to Wednesday - good signing.

Birmingham for Etheridge may take a while to shake out.

Cardiff have not been the least active this window but we are on the quiet end of the spectrum.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53935833

Crystal Palace have completed the signing of QPR forward Eberechi Eze on a five-year deal for £19.5m.

Warnock looking at a loan deal for Kenneth Zohore?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...8m-ex-18871909

https://the72.co.uk/190295/middlesbr...-brom-forward/

I expected that rumour to emerge weeks ago. Inevitable.

Warnock looking at a loan deal for Kenneth Zohore?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...8m-ex-18871909

https://the72.co.uk/190295/middlesbr...-brom-forward/

I expected that rumour to emerge weeks ago. Inevitable.
    I'm a bit surprised by it, I thought Warnock might have been glad to see him leave City, because, although he got Zohore playing to a level when he looked like a Premier League player for a few months, he couldn't repeat it for the best part of two seasons after that and I thought he sounded exasperated with Zohore at times in our Premier League season.

Declan John free to leave Swansea.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...wster-18873416

Speaking ahead of his side's clash with Newport, Cooper confirmed that Barrie McKay and Declan John have been deemed surplus to requirement.

The pair were sent out on loan last term and were left out of the pre-season game against Forest Green Rovers after returning to Swansea earlier this summer.

"They're still with us, but we're happy for them to play elsewhere," explained Cooper.

"That's the information we've given to the players and to the agents."

Still a long time to go until the window closes. But we are a few players down on last season's squad size. So I expect a few out and a few in in the next month.