+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone been watching the snooker?

Anyone been watching the snooker?

An amazing frame which finished something like 105-82 with the score 16-16 in a first to 17 Semi Final.

Re: Anyone been watching the snooker?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    An amazing frame which finished something like 105-82 with the score 16-16 in a first to 17 Semi Final.
    Yep, incredible finale.

I'm glad Wilson won. McGill's treatment of Jamie Clarke in the 2nd round was appalling.

That was the most amazing frame of snooker. When Kyren fluked the green, I thought for a second he was going to concede the frame, as he couldn't cope emotionally with winning it that manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yep, incredible finale.

I'm glad Wilson won. McGill's treatment of Jamie Clarke in the 2nd round was appalling.
    Me too.

Big Bill Werbenuick still in it?

Used to love the snooker.
    The world championships was compulsive viewing in the late 70's early 80's.

Anyone remember Pot Black?
    I think I'm right in saying it was a one frame programme, half an hour!

I'd been away for a few days and for some reason thought the final started today. When I turned the telly on tonight I thought it must have been a repeat from last night. What an unbelievable final frame that was. What a score to win a deciding frame by.

What the **** is Ronnie playing at tonight!? Just smashing the ball round the table and hoping for the best

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    What the **** is Ronnie playing at tonight!? Just smashing the ball round the table and hoping for the best
    Then wins the next frame like that. Mental

First Team

Not really interested in the game but starting watching when there about 3 reds left and couldn’t stop. It was compelling stuff ( and I never thought I would ever say that about snooker) especially when the balding fella fouled 7 times on the trot. If they are all like this I may watch more games.

Ronnie is like some of our fans on our travels.................
    Disappearing to toilet every 5 mins............
    Comes back in bouncing............ .

Incredible day of snooker. Glad it wasn't a Selby vs McGill final. Would have been one for the purists....

That was outstanding to watch. O Sullivan just took the piss in those last few frames, unbelievable snooker.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Ronnie is like some of our fans on our travels.................
    Disappearing to toilet every 5 mins............
    Comes back in bouncing............ .
    I’ve been wondering that!! 😂

It's all about the cue action

Now Selby is coming across as a bad loser. Obviously he wanted to get Ronnie involved in a safety battle and Ronnie smashed those attempts away.

The final will never live up to the drama of either semi-final but looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    The final will never live up to the drama of either semi-final but looking forward to it.
    Des, are you any relation to John?
    He could pot a ball, I say he could pot a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Incredible day of snooker. Glad it wasn't a Selby vs McGill final. Would have been one for the purists....
    Could have cured insomnia.

Bitter Mark Selby crying about ROS being disrespectful because he was smashing his way out of snookers was the icing on the cake for a great ending to the match.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Bitter Mark Selby crying about ROS being disrespectful because he was smashing his way out of snookers was the icing on the cake for a great ending to the match.
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Big Bill Werbenuick still in it?

Used to love the snooker.
    The world championships was compulsive viewing in the late 70's early 80's.

Anyone remember Pot Black?
    I think I'm right in saying it was a one frame programme, half an hour!
    Kirk Stevens - he was seen as the flamboyant youngster back then. Canadian kid who wore a kind of stetson hat as his trademark (took it off while playing ).
    Geez... he's probably a retired pensioner now!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Kirk Stevens - he was seen as the flamboyant youngster back then. Canadian kid who wore a kind of stetson hat as his trademark (took it off while playing ).
    Geez... he's probably a retired pensioner now!
    My old man used to say when kirk Stevens sneezes everyone's happy.
    I think he liked a toot

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Really surprised by his reaction in that interview. I thought better of him before that, especially hes one of the tours senior players. There are many ways to play the game and if you dont like the way your opponent plays it then tough.

Two amazing semi-finals. Let's just hope that the final itself turns out to be half as good.

I think that Mark Selby was upset because Ronnie O Sullivan changed tactics and attacked every shot and to hell with his customary safety. Mark Selby is a poor loser.

As for Big Bill Werbenuick have a look Here!

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Two amazing semi-finals. Let's just hope that the final itself turns out to be half as good.

I think that Mark Selby was upset because Ronnie O Sullivan changed tactics and attacked every shot and to hell with his customary safety. Mark Selby is a poor loser.

As for Big Bill Werbenuick have a look Here!
    Thanks for posting that

Now I think about it, I do seem to remember his untimely passing.
    Seems like he had a full, if short life.

As for this year's snooker, I did watch the final frames of ROS beating Mark Williams, looks like I chose the wrong game to watch.

Don't know much about Selby but I bet Ronnie just laughed at his reaction, one of sour grapes.
    If I am flicking channels and come across ROS playing, he will get me to watch. Anyone else I just keep on flicking.
    Like him or loathe him, he is an entertainer.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post

Yes. Selby's game plan involved drawing Ronnie into a game that wasn't a natural one for him. McGill did the same in his wins. Tactics are a part of the game. You don't hear opponents moaning if Selby etc turn on Ebdon-esque grinding mode, so when a player adopts tactics that disturb that grinding play, then that should be fine as well.

But it was really all about the cue action.