+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone been watching the snooker?

Re: Anyone been watching the snooker?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Kirk Stevens - he was seen as the flamboyant youngster back then. Canadian kid who wore a kind of stetson hat as his trademark (took it off while playing ).
    Geez... he's probably a retired pensioner now!
    Yes, proper heart throb.
    He had the mother of all mullets.
    Also used to wear outrageous clothing, Liverpool FC copied him for their players' suits for an FA Cup final if memory serves.

I’ve only been watching it if ROS has been playing and I did think Selby had a touch of sour grapes in his interview. What about him, slowing the game down to upset ROS rhythm. It’s funny how all of the great “tacticians” seem to be slow in how they play and less entertaining. I hope Karen Wilson plays well today in his first WC final, as otherwise, he may be overwhelmed by ROS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yep, incredible finale.

I'm glad Wilson won. McGill's treatment of Jamie Clarke in the 2nd round was appalling.
    I agree. McGill said later that he politely asked Clarke to move out of his line of shot.
    Not the way I saw it. He danced around Clarke and the referee pointing at Clarke and complaining to the referee and suggesting it was 3 times that it had happened.
    It was reminiscent of some Italian player surrounding the referee to get his opponent a red card.
    He was 7-2 down at the time and I am sure it was pure gamesmanship.
    Unfortunately it worked, now everyone feeling sorry for him because of Wilson’s fluke to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    I hope Karen Wilson plays well today in his first WC final
    Is that on the ladies' tour?

So funny ! Eric. Is there anyway I can edit my own posts ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I agree. McGill said later that he politely asked Clarke to move out of his line of shot.
    Not the way I saw it. He danced around Clarke and the referee pointing at Clarke and complaining to the referee and suggesting it was 3 times that it had happened.
    It was reminiscent of some Italian player surrounding the referee to get his opponent a red card.
    He was 7-2 down at the time and I am sure it was pure gamesmanship.
    Unfortunately it worked, now everyone feeling sorry for him because of Wilson’s fluke to win it.
    Mark Williams suggested on Twitter that the only place Clarke could have stood was behind a cameraman.

My stance has always been that McGill should not have got involved. All he needed to so was to mention the issue to the referee and get Jan Verhaas to sort it out. Players shouldn't be able to take matters into their own hands and do what they like. There is a right, proper and official way to deal with things. Instead, McGill saw an opportunity to bully his opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Two amazing semi-finals. Let's just hope that the final itself turns out to be half as good.

I think that Mark Selby was upset because Ronnie O Sullivan changed tactics and attacked every shot and to hell with his customary safety. Mark Selby is a poor loser.

As for Big Bill Werbenuick have a look Here!
    Unfortunately I think the final will be "after the Lord mayors show"
    Wilson's safety play is only average and Ronnie will punish him time and time again.
    18-10 is my prediction

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    So funny ! Eric. Is there anyway I can edit my own posts ?
    Only within 5 minutes of posting.

Thanks,

Ronnie is the greatest snooker player of all time a true genius But his constant bullshite of blaming every miss on his cue action is beginning to really feck me off big time..........................
    Mark Williams' interview was spot on and he knows the winging fecker better than most 🙄

A Wilson comeback looking a bit less likely now.