+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City goalkeeper Alex Smithies has been voted player of the season by Bluebirds fans in a WalesOnline poll

Cardiff City goalkeeper Alex Smithies has been voted player of the season by Bluebirds fans in a WalesOnline poll

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-18765959

1. Alex Smithies (41%)
    2. Lee Tomlin (31%)
    3. Sean Morrison (15%)

They would have been my top 3 and in that order as well.

Re: Cardiff City goalkeeper Alex Smithies has been voted player of the season by Bluebirds fans in a WalesOnline poll

I voted for Smithies in that WOL poll.

But I would like to know how many people voted in total, and how representative the result is of fan opinion. I expected Tomlin to win.

Re: Cardiff City goalkeeper Alex Smithies has been voted player of the season by Bluebirds fans in a WalesOnline poll

Not too many would object to that result. Given that Smithies made me look nervous when he played his first couple of games the transformation has been remarkable. The club will now be looking to offload Etheridge who is far too good to be confined to the bench.

I don't like WOL but voted form him in my mind easily our best followed by Morrison, Holiet , Nelson and Tomlin ,Vaulks in that order

My top three....
    1. Smithies
    2. Tomlin
    3. Nelson

Did anyone else not see this poll?

My top 3 would have been Tomlin, Vaulkes, Mozz or Ralls.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    Did anyone else not see this poll?

My top 3 would have been Tomlin, Vaulkes, Mozz or Ralls.
    I didn't see the poll either.

I would have voted:

1) Sean MORRISON
    2) Lee TOMLIN
    3) Alex SMITHIES

StT.
    <><

I would have had
    Morrison
    Smithies
    Tomlin

it was close between Smithies and Tomlin. I would've voted for Tomlin.

Tomlin had a really good season, but just didn't play enough minutes in my opinion.
    he played an equivalent of 24 games in the regular season, just over half of the available minutes.

Bit sad that a keeper has won last 2 seasons

1) Morrison
    2) Hoilett
    3) Ralls

Most Improved - Vaulks
    Young Player - Paterson ????
    Clubman - the fat kid who turns up for training and is always on the bench but is a good laugh
    Coaches special award - normally his son.

Tomlin for me. He changed so many games to win us extra points through his goals and assists,.

Smithies has played well too so can understand why he won. Morrison and Nelson has grown into a very good partnership and both can hold their heads high the way they performed in the 2nd half of the season.

I would have gone Tomlin Smithies Morrison.

who was young player of the season?
    the only ones who could have been eligible would be Whyte and maybe Sanderson?
    shocking