+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I wonder when live gigs will restart ?

I wonder when live gigs will restart ?

was really looking forward to seeing TOOL play their new album and of course loads of other rock and metal

But I can't see anything happening for a year , apart from cover bands in pubs

Re: I wonder when live gigs will restart ?

It is a huge worry , more so for smaller venues and new bands which I like to follow , not so the mainstream bands as I'm sure the big bands will survive , and are already secure and wealthy.

I worry that it will adversly effect young peoples decisions to persevere with playing live and and those small indie clubs , we could see a vacuum appear for years to come .

First Team

I head some tickets to see Tom Robinson in Brighton but that has now been pushed back to late 2021.
    Tom isn’t getting any younger, I was shocked to see he is an oap, so any more delays and it might be a Zimmer frame sponsored gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I head some tickets to see Tom Robinson in Brighton but that has now been pushed back to late 2021.
    Tom isn’t getting any younger, I was shocked to see he is an oap, so any more delays and it might be a Zimmer frame sponsored gig.
    And it's two four six eight, never too late
    Me on my my 'zimmer ' trucking on through the night
    Three five seven nine, on a little white line
    Motorway sun coming up with the morning light.

Some A-level students near me are playing an outdoor gig tonight. They're an ABBA tribute band but they're now known as CDDC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Some A-level students near me are playing an outdoor gig tonight. They're an ABBA tribute band but they're now known as CDDC
    Will they be supported by CE/FE?

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Loved War Babies

Looking forward to some festivals, next year maybe, hopefully.. More interested in when live football restarts.. and the fixtures coming out.. and the new kits.. god I'm ****ing bored shitless already.

See they did a gig last weekend with social distancing

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Looking forward to some festivals, next year maybe, hopefully.. More interested in when live football restarts.. and the fixtures coming out.. and the new kits.. god I'm ****ing bored shitless already.
    I am too old for festivals , a one off gig is hard enough

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It is a huge worry , more so for smaller venues and new bands which I like to follow , not so the mainstream bands as I'm sure the big bands will survive , and are already secure and wealthy.

I worry that it will adversly effect young peoples decisions to persevere with playing live and and those small indie clubs , we could see a vacuum appear for years to come .
    I think small venue gigs will start before the enormodome types

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    was really looking forward to seeing TOOL play their new album and of course loads of other rock and metal

But I can't see anything happening for a year , apart from cover bands in pubs
    I'd imagine once fans are back in sports stadiums then gigs will be allowed to take place. The Manics gig in December still hasn't been pushed back yet (but I imagine it will be) whilst Clwb have rebooked acts for March onwards. It will be less than a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Will they be supported by CE/FE?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Loved War Babies
    Sorry to be a pedant but wasn't it War Baby?

I went to the cinema today. Including me and my son there was 9 people watching the movie.

There was an audience at the snooker over the weekend. There have been crowds allowed at football games in France.

People need to get on with things and use some common sense.

Seated venues can pre book allocated tickets, small enclosed standing only places will be tougher to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I went to the cinema today. Including me and my son there was 9 people watching the movie.

There was an audience at the snooker over the weekend. There have been crowds allowed at football games in France.

People need to get on with things and use some common sense.

Seated venues can pre book allocated tickets, small enclosed standing only places will be tougher to manage.
    I think the entertainment and hospitality sector is fecked for several years , people have got out of the habit and some people are afraid of their own shadow

I think the entertainment and hospitality sector is fecked for several years , people have got out of the habit and some people are afraid of their own shadow
    Those people already existed, if anything having to spend so long away from gigs/clubs etc may encourage people to go out more often

Too right, only 10 cases in Wales yet hardly anyone goes out....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Too right, only 10 cases in Wales yet hardly anyone goes out....
    and the abuse you get for walking the wrong way down the aisle in the supermarket

Fascists

and the abuse you get for walking the wrong way down the aisle in the supermarket

Fascists
    Let’s hope all the oldies stay out of the supermarkets and stick with home deliveries, no more terrible driving en route, quiet roads, no waiting ages at checkout for them to pack their bags....it’s like a dream going out and about in Cardiff still.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Let’s hope all the oldies stay out of the supermarkets and stick with home deliveries, no more terrible driving en route, quiet roads, no waiting ages at checkout for them to pack their bags....it’s like a dream going out and about in Cardiff still.....
    the mask wearers are the worst , especially the ones in workout gear , gestapo nazis

I won't be going to any indoor shows until there's a vaccine.

the mask wearers are the worst , especially the ones in workout gear , gestapo nazis
    Maybe if more people wore masks in the UK, you wouldn't be third in the world for deaths per capita. Behind Brazil FFS.

Wuhan had a big poolside gig over the weekend. They are taking the piss.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-53816511

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Maybe if more people wore masks in the UK, you wouldn't be third in the world for deaths per capita. Behind Brazil FFS.
    one week they say masks are essential , one week they are a waste of time

Can't speak for England but in my opinion drakefo4d and the Welsh government have handled the virus well