+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I wonder when live gigs will restart ?

Re: I wonder when live gigs will restart ?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I won't be going to any indoor shows until there's a vaccine.

Sensible, and even then best to refrain from crowdsurfing and stage diving would be my advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Wuhan had a big poolside gig over the weekend. They are taking the piss.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-53816511
    why not , very few deaths or risk in China ,its public health is second to none ( honest )

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I went to the cinema today. Including me and my son there was 9 people watching the movie.

There was an audience at the snooker over the weekend. There have been crowds allowed at football games in France.

People need to get on with things and use some common sense.

Seated venues can pre book allocated tickets, small enclosed standing only places will be tougher to manage.
    The same France where cases are rising, and where people have just been rushing home from because it has been added to the quarantine list?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Too right, only 10 cases in Wales yet hardly anyone goes out....
    Really? Currently enjoying 2 weeks off work and Cardiff was quite busy yesterday. We had a nice walk down Dare Valley Country Park today and it was as busy as usual there too. Roads very busy as we headed to Abergavenny for an evening meal yesterday too.

I went to the cinema today. Including me and my son there was 9 people watching the movie.

There was an audience at the snooker over the weekend. There have been crowds allowed at football games in France.

People need to get on with things and use some common sense.

Seated venues can pre book allocated tickets, small enclosed standing only places will be tougher to manage.
    Life is moving on, In Bath tonight the queues for the restaurants were massive, of course its the eat out to help out scheme, so save yourself £10 per person from the bill

the Queue for " waga's " was maybe 40 people

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Life is moving on, In Bath tonight the queues for the restaurants were massive, of course its the eat out to help out scheme, so save yourself £10 per person from the bill

the Queue for " waga's " was maybe 40 people
    Ahhhhh, that’s why there were queues outside Weatherspoons in Pontypridd and Aberdare

**** me, people must be desperate to go out.

On the subject of gigs, I bought tickets for dates in March for Cardiff Uni.

I’ve a feeling though it may not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    was really looking forward to seeing TOOL play their new album and of course loads of other rock and metal

But I can't see anything happening for a year , apart from cover bands in pubs
    When the vaccine is ready about next April I think.

Too right, only 10 cases in Wales yet hardly anyone goes out....
    4.6 cases per 100k in Wales.

If the stadium was at capacity there’d be 1.5 people there with corona.

C’mon, enough is enough.

I’m afraid if you’re vulnerable and more likely to die with the Covid then yes, you’re going to have to stay away from crowds until we have a vaccine.

But let the rest of us get on with it!

I’d be very surprised if things are back to normal in live music before 2022. Safe shows are gonna be impossible in most venues. Maybe the bigger bands will make it work but a lot of the 2000 cap and under bands are gonna struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Ahhhhh, that’s why there were queues outside Weatherspoons in Pontypridd and Aberdare

Depends on a vaccine doesn't it?

Although its not completely out of the question that the UK government will say feck it and open everything by then

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    I’d be very surprised if things are back to normal in live music before 2022. Safe shows are gonna be impossible in most venues. Maybe the bigger bands will make it work but a lot of the 2000 cap and under bands are gonna struggle.
    The entire industry would be dead if that happened

Problem for the bigger bands is that many of the lighting, sound, equipment, etc people are self employed. They won't be able to wait, so there's going to be a big knock on there.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Depends on a vaccine doesn't it?

Although its not completely out of the question that the UK government will say feck it and open everything by then
    I bought in hope rather than expectation. I'm hopeful a vaccine but if not can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post

C’mon, enough is enough.

I’m afraid if you’re vulnerable and more likely to die with the Covid then yes, you’re going to have to stay away from crowds until we have a vaccine.

I'm not sure you're getting this are you?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The entire industry would be dead if that happened
    Yep and they know it. A lot people, companies and venues aren’t gonna come out of this.

Selling out 30% of a venue, you’re never gonna break even. Punters are either going to be too scared to go or refuse to pay double what they normally pay for a ticket.

I bought in hope rather than expectation. I'm hopeful a vaccine but if not can't see it.
    Clwb have rescheduled gigs for March, probably more out of hope than expectation but who knows maybe they've been told something

I wouldn't put it beyond the UK government to open everything up and tell people to use "British common sense" or whatever tagline they think will poll well in the South East

Yep and they know it. A lot people, companies and venues aren’t gonna come out of this.

Selling out 30% of a venue, you’re never gonna break even. Punters are either going to be too scared to go or refuse to pay double what they normally pay for a ticket.
    I've noticed a few venues have used their space just as a pub whilst waiting to put gigs back on. Fuel on Womanby Street have done that and Clwb Ifor Bach are reopening soon, hopefully it'll keep these places going

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post

C’mon, enough is enough.

That isn't how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    That isn't how it works.
    so how does it work?

I like Eastbourne's point. There's a massive world of non covid out there. And many more people die each day from other ailments. We don't freak out and avoid those incidents.

Live your life. There's risk everywhere.

so how does it work?

I like Eastbourne's point. There's a massive world of non covid out there. And many more people die each day from other ailments. We don't freak out and avoid those incidents.

Live your life. There's risk everywhere.
    Isn’t the point though, you live your life and then pass the risk to someone (unknowingly) who is vulnerable to the disease?

I might have got that wrong and will stand corrected?

Maybe they will just apply an age restriction, no over 45’s? Lots of young people are getting tested positive in Spain and Germany, but not getting ill. Might aswell let them crack on here too? The ole herd coming back again....lookout

Isn’t the point though, you live your life and then pass the risk to someone (unknowingly) who is vulnerable to the disease?

I guess if you are young and living how you like, you would have the sense to stay away from the vulnerable. Or maybe the vulnerable should continue to be very careful.....which no doubt they will

Maybe they will just apply an age restriction, no over 45’s? Lots of young people are getting tested positive in Spain and Germany, but not getting ill. Might aswell let them crack on here too? The ole herd coming back again....lookout
    No over 45s’?

You massive, massive cuunt.

I’m soon to be 49.

That’s me ****ed for seeing Doves

No over 45s’?

You massive, massive cuunt.

I’m soon to be 49.

That’s me ****ed for seeing Doves
    Sounds good to me

but we pass shit on on a daily basis. deaths are happening day in day out via heart attacks, flu, cancer, car crashes and all in higher numbers than covid.

we don't wear masks to stop that shit. i went to see stereophonics in march. no spike. hundreds of thousands on the beaches and at rallies. no spikes. ve day, vj day, millions on tubes and out living life. no spikes.

incidents seem localised to very intimate gatherings.

seems there needs to be very close contact to spread. be sensible, don't breathe over someone or hug the shit out of them but just be normal.

we are being controlled to become scared of our own shadows.