+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Koeman to Barca

Koeman to Barca

According to Twitter

Re: Koeman to Barca

I thought Pochettino would be the obvious fit but apparently he once said he'd rather work on a farm than manage Barca so I guess not

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I thought Pochettino would be the obvious fit but apparently he once said he'd rather work on a farm than manage Barca so I guess not
    Poch is an Espanyol boy, so it’s a non-starter.

Barcelona are done. There are too many teams with too much money. It's going to take years. Fair play though, they were amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Barcelona are done. There are too many teams with too much money. It's going to take years. Fair play though, they were amazing.
    Thought they were going back in house with iniesta was it or Xavi? Prob would have been a good move

Looks done according to Sky Sports.

Right decision? Probably not in my opinion. There needs to be someone making some really tough decisions including dropping the tried and tested.

That 2010-11 team was something else, for a fair few years before and after they were also superb.

That team in particular though won the champions league and la Liga had about 8 regular first team players that had all come through the clubs academy. Played some terrific football that I would look to watch most weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Thought they were going back in house with iniesta was it or Xavi? Prob would have been a good move
    Xavi's appointment is tied to the next President they vote in, so from what I gather there's a chance Koeman will be temporary and booted out after the elections happen

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Xavi's appointment is tied to the next President they vote in, so from what I gather there's a chance Koeman will be temporary and booted out after the elections happen
    And haven’t they brought the elections forward to March? It’s been said that Koeman wants to lead Netherlands into Euro 2020, so this way he could be gone from Barcelona in time.
    That would point to them having a transition season, which, let’s face it, they very much need.

1st season in 12 without a trophy, won the previous 2 league titles. They are in a mess currently and for sure have not been playing to the levels of the Rijkaard & Guardiola teams, but to suggest they are done is wild

i remember Barça struggling to finish in the top 4 not too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    That 2010-11 team was something else, for a fair few years before and after they were also superb.

That team in particular though won the champions league and la Liga had about 8 regular first team players that had all come through the clubs academy. Played some terrific football that I would look to watch most weeks.
    For me the 2005 / 06 was much more exciting , i could watch Ronaldinho over Messi every day.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    1st season in 12 without a trophy, won the previous 2 league titles. They are in a mess currently and for sure have not been playing to the levels of the Rijkaard & Guardiola teams, but to suggest they are done is wild

i remember Barça struggling to finish in the top 4 not too long ago.
    You think their current squad is going win again?

You think their current squad is going win again?
    I think a team that finished runners up after winning the previous 2 years titles is more likely to win again than be done.
    Again, it is their 1st season in 12 without a trophy, and an 8-2 dicking (that every man and his dog predicated) is not the end of this team.

I've lived in the city for over 20 years and whilst not a fan, you can't escape them. With my hand on my heart this current situation is nothing to previous I've witnessed and that of my friends who are life long fans, just mention Gerardo Martino, Radomir Antić, Louis van Gaal (2nd time around), Carles Rexach (both times ), Ferrer.....and people will talk about done.

They'll challenge for the league next season and not many teams in CL will fancy them in the knock-out, should they make it. Whether they win it now or in the near future is maybe not how successful domestic teams should be judge, its a very exclusive competition with very few winners.

That's my prediction for what its worth