+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's Booking Holidays ?

Who's Booking Holidays ?

The temptation is there, I try and do a long haul 'biggie' every year for winter sun and a couple of others throughout the year. It's killing me not being able to book anything, especially as my lady has a big birthday in Feb.

Yes, there are some great offers out there, but is it worth the gamble? Even if you can go, if there isn't a vaccine it's just not going to be the same. We squeezed in Oz just before all of this materialised and had flights booked for San Fran next month (now cancelled) and was so looking forward to more, but deciding to play safe and play the waiting game.

Anyone thrown caution to the wind and booked regardless?

Re: Who's Booking Holidays ?

Off to Greece Friday,£200 for a week

Heisenberg

Went to Munich for 5 days at the beginning of the month. Apart from wearing a mask on the aeroplane (which you can remove when eating/drinking) and wearing a mask as you're being seated in pubs/restaurants - it didn't feel different at all.

Got flights booked for NYC next week (they were orginially booked before Covid for May 2020) that will have to be refunded.

Wrote off this year and banked all the refunds.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Wrote off this year and banked all the refunds.
    I've written off this year too, but still awaiting some refunds.

Have just postponed a month in Hamburg in October to March next year.

9 days in Pembs will be the limit of it for me, although work may yet require me to travel.

Saundersfoot next week in the pissing down rain.

Only the selfish arseholes I should imagine

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Quite the opposite...

Here in Greece, face masks indoors everywhere, Midnight curfew so no kissing randoms

Airport and plane, everyone very well behaved...we didn’t fly from Cardiff

Sun and space..

Much safer than in my local or Lidl or Morrison’s in the Rhondda

I’m not a selfish arsehole, I bet you’ve been closer to people in your local.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Have to agree with this but Brits by and large are very selfish. No surprise France and Spain has started to get 2nd waves since they let the Brits back in. Croatia, who had kept it largely under control with very few cases, have now had a spike too.

Supposed to be going to Majorca in October for a trip we originally had booked for last May.
    Cant see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Have to agree with this but Brits by and large are very selfish. No surprise France and Spain has started to get 2nd waves since they let the Brits back in. Croatia, who had kept it largely under control with very few cases, have now had a spike too.
    Hysterical, so you say we are transmitting!!!

Look at their bordering countries..,that’s where they are coming from

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    Quite the opposite...

Here in Greece, face masks indoors everywhere, Midnight curfew so no kissing randoms

Airport and plane, everyone very well behaved...we didn’t fly from Cardiff

Sun and space..

Much safer than in my local or Lidl or Morrison’s in the Rhondda

I’m not a selfish arsehole, I bet you’ve been closer to people in your local.
    Did you research the incident rate and r rate to the area you travelled to before going there? And, if 2 weeks after you return and a spike is identified in a place you travelled to, what actions will you take?

I moved my flights to Greece from this August to next July. Also rearranged the accommodation. All free of charge.

Could have gone but decided against it.

Hopefully things will be better next year.

I dont think id book a new holiday or flight abroad at this moment though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    Hysterical, so you say we are transmitting!!!

Look at their bordering countries..,that’s where they are coming from
    What is the point you are making?

The point of lockdown was to stop transmission between households. At this stage, I would have thought it would make sense to stop transmission between the UK and other countries. But, apparently, we have to keep the travel industry going. The same travel industry that hiked prices last week to take advantage of Brits having to cut short their holiday to avoid quarantine.

Anyone travelling abroad at the moment for leisure is being completely irresponsible in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    The temptation is there, I try and do a long haul 'biggie' every year for winter sun and a couple of others throughout the year. It's killing me not being able to book anything, especially as my lady has a big birthday in Feb.

Yes, there are some great offers out there, but is it worth the gamble? Even if you can go, if there isn't a vaccine it's just not going to be the same. We squeezed in Oz just before all of this materialised and had flights booked for San Fran next month (now cancelled) and was so looking forward to more, but deciding to play safe and play the waiting game.

Anyone thrown caution to the wind and booked regardless?
    Save your cash and go big next year.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I moved my flights to Greece from this August to next July. Also rearranged the accommodation. All free of charge.

Could have gone but decided against it.

Hopefully things will be better next year.

I dont think id book a new holiday or flight abroad at this moment though.
    Quite a few people I know went to Greece this last few weeks. Was all good apparently

I’m down in Pembrokeshire now, in the pissing down rain. After the weather we’ve had last 6 months I reckon this is long overdue.
    I rarely come down in August as the weather is always a bit dodgy and it’s busy. Give me June or September anyday

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Did you research the incident rate and r rate to the area you travelled to before going there? And, if 2 weeks after you return and a spike is identified in a place you travelled to, what actions will you take?
    Who are you- The police?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I’m down in Pembrokeshire now, in the pissing down rain. After the weather we’ve had last 6 months I reckon this is long overdue.
    I rarely come down in August as the weather is always a bit dodgy and it’s busy. Give me June or September anyday
    As long as its not lashing down I dont mind a bit of drizzle or showers. Is it busy down there?

Said it before; You are a complete and utter selfish moron if you can.t give up one summer abroad.And you've had fantastic weather there ...even too hot for some.
    Stay at home keep distance and stop coughing your covid juice over your loved ones.

We were there mid July and it was very quiet and the weather was pretty good. Have a few days self catering booked in Doniford near Watchet in October, Covid permitting.

Good luck pal. Been rammed for weeks. No social distancing. Recipe for disaster I'm afraid.

April/May were incredible. Unfortunately wasnt able to enjoy fully because of lockdown.
    I agree August is usually dodgy.

Im waiting for the CCMB Covid 19 experts to give us the " ok to go " post

Ive looked at flights for next Feb and Aug to florida, thinking of getting a disney annual pass and have a quick trip in Feb and then Aug ( as planned this year ) might add a cruise to split Aug up

Flight costs in feb are very good, £ 454 return in feb, i can do that as a brucey-bonus-trip

I will soon have over £10 K from Rishsi sat in the bank its burning a hole in my pocket

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Im waiting for the CCMB Covid 19 experts to give us the " ok to go " post

Ive looked at flights for next Feb and Aug to florida, thinking of getting a disney annual pass and have a quick trip in Feb and then Aug ( as planned this year ) might add a cruise to split Aug up

Flight costs in feb are very good, £ 454 return in feb, i can do that as a brucey-bonus-trip

I will soon have over £10 K from Rishsi sat in the bank its burning a hole in my pocket
    i hope you lose all your money and deposits
    deluded