+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's Booking Holidays ?

Re: Who's Booking Holidays ?

We are in Nothumbria - Warkworth - for just over a week of travelling around and walking the coastal path from Cresswell to Berwick. Booked it a month ago as a shorter and cheaper replacement for the Pembrokeshire Coastal Walk we had booked ( but not paid for) in May .

Not crowded and everywhere (especially B&Bs and small family hotels) are very good on hygiene, social distancing, restricted access, masks etc. Very easy to keep away from people and limit any kind of contact. There are a small minority of idiots who don’t understand 2 meters or 1 meter and think it means 3 inches, but they won’t live with my death stare (or cattle prod) for long!

This is my new normal. Sitting at home in the dark with the doors locked isn’t!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The essential travel advice was lifted on Monday.
    It is bizarre that people are now able to take breaks abroad, with varying numbers of households joining you on holiday but, back at home, an elderly mother has to decide which of her 3 adult kids she wants to have as an extended household.

Yep, people going abroad on holiday are selfish and are potentially prolonging the fun of businesses suddenly closing doors because of local lockdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    It was in poor taste and was evidently gloating. No doubt some people here are worried about their own jobs, may have lost jobs, may have lost wages.

Whilst blue matt says the money is burning a hole in his pocket, he also posted a thread last night about claiming the next batch of money. Maybe, since he has cash to burn, he could help out with something like a food bank rather than boasting here, but that would require something he doesn't have. An ounce of dignity.
    I agree, it did come across as a bit 'Loadsamoney' I don't think he meant it like that though-i hope not anyway-As for the Foodbank thing-You're in trouble with that one, you're going to get a ten paragraph response......

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    We are in Nothumbria - Warkworth - for just over a week of travelling around and walking the coastal path from Cresswell to Berwick. Booked it a month ago as a shorter and cheaper replacement for the Pembrokeshire Coastal Walk we had booked ( but not paid for) in May .

Not crowded and everywhere (especially B&Bs and small family hotels) are very good on hygiene, social distancing, restricted access, masks etc. Very easy to keep away from people and limit any kind of contact. There are a small minority of idiots who don’t understand 2 meters or 1 meter and think it means 3 inches, but they won’t live with my death stare (or cattle prod) for long!

Well said

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    They will eventually say that there is little/no danger when attending outside events. I think the whole behind closed door and cancelled concerts thing will have been deemed worthless.
    Of course, scientists will change advice as new data becomes available. It may turn out previous advice was "wrong" but the fact is it was correct at the time based on the evidence available at the time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

We were at Ledbury today, very pleasant. Locals were much worse than anything I've seen in Wales regarding 2 metre distancing.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Nice attitude....lol
    As for Disney being outdated some of it is 50 years old next year but other parts like Pandora, galaxy edge are brand new, hardly tacky are they? Cutting edge stuff....some of the best beaches I’ve ever been to in the world around the gulf coast also. Reasonably priced food beer etc, great weather and not too crowded, what not to like?
    Actually I agree you're right, and what I should've said is Orlando not the entire state. Leaving the confides of Disney and Universal, which I'm assuming any sane person would do and Orlando fits the original description.

The southern parts of Florida I agree, they are nice and relaxed. Orlando is a dump however.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Actually I agree you're right, and what I should've said is Orlando not the entire state. Leaving the confides of Disney and Universal, which I'm assuming any sane person would do and Orlando fits the original description.

The southern parts of Florida I agree, they are nice and relaxed. Orlando is a dump however.
    Orlando Gloom.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Orlando Gloom.

See. You can be funny.

It is what it is, a huge money making machine. It does provide a lot of pleasure for an awful lot of people mind. Some people actually like places like Dubai! Nowt as queer as folk as they say......

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I agree, it did come across as a bit 'Loadsamoney' I don't think he meant it like that though-i hope not anyway-As for the Foodbank thing-You're in trouble with that one, you're going to get a ten paragraph response......
    Loadsamoney in a discussion about booking holidays, i mention i want to get something booked for next year as i have 10 K burning a hole in my pocket , hardly outrageous is it ? ? ?

He knows i help out at a foodbank, thus the chance to get a little more of my attention

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Not sure it’s ever been such a big problem in Pembrokeshire, there are so many places you could go and get away with it, it’s not as over crowded as Cornwall. I wouldn’t take a camper over Tenby way but there are some lovely quiet spots nearby if you know where to go, broad haven south for instance. If you go up to north Pembs you could easily get away with it as the police aren’t aren’t around early to catch you.
    Pembs has been rammed for weeks, and even as a local I am finding nowhere to hide. Even N Pembs. Police and council very active in stopping people wild camping.

I go to Orlando to do disney and universal, thats it, sure we occasionally eat around the area, winter garden, windermere, altamonte springs, Davenport and winter haven are all pretty decent area that we have been to ( mainly to eat or shop )

Its a far sized city so will have its " dump areas "

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    i have 10 K burning a hole in my pocket , hardly outrageous is it ? ? ?
    I agree, it isn't outrageous when everyone else has £10k to spend thanks to the tax payer. Except we don't. Some of us have lost jobs, others have taken pay cuts, others still are being abused with zero hour contracts. So, yes, in light of the situation that a large percentage of people find themselves currently in, and given the fact that even more will find themselves in that situation in the next few months, saying things like "Rishi's £10k is burning a hole in my pocket" is pretty crass. Just looking at my most recent pay slip and thinking that it would take about 18 months of my taxes (on a lower wage) to put £10k into your asbestos pockets makes me feel very good.

loadsamoney sums it up to be frank.

I had no idea you help out in a foodbank. Which is good, I have done it previously and it is a tough gig. Do you cheer up the customers with stories of your next holiday and Rishi's money? They sometimes need cheering up.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Pembs has been rammed for weeks, and even as a local I am finding nowhere to hide. Even N Pembs. Police and council very active in stopping people wild camping.
    This year might well be different as lots of newcomers are having holidays here rather than abroad. In the past I’ve known plenty who do it and a few who live that way. Most of my close mates have camper vans/vans. The only place I ever see police is sweeping through Broad H@ven beach. About 10/15 years ago some young new cops used to hang out in the lanes and pull the locals over leaving the pubs after their usual 5 pints, it didn’t go down well.

Whether the 10k in his pocket comment is crass or not, (I'm not defending it btw), the payments are made partly for that self-employed person to keep them economically active. If the combined activity of those who received the payment helps preserve other businesses and their employees then surely thats a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    My mates there camping, he said it's shit pissing down all the time and Tenby is packed and you can't park anywhere he said it's the worst holiday he's ever had, he's a moaning bastard mind.
    I'm not long home after a week in Broadmoor (rented a cottage), didn't find it that bad to be honest, Tenby and Saundersfoot busy but not ridiculous, eating out okay (wise to pre-book), no problems parking anywhere either, although we tend to park at Coppett Hall or Tenby North Beach car park, don't think I've ever had trouble parking in either down the years. Folly Farm, Oakwood both great, no problems (unless queuing for grub or drinks!).

Wouldn't have fancied camping, we were overlooking a field that emptied rapidly in the last 24 hours. Surprised nobody blew away!